HF Habs: 2023 Standings Thread: The Final Act - The Beeline for Bedard (Part 4)

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
There was reason for it. We were finding ways to win and playing way over our heads, especially the goalies.

Even vs NYR and CAR, those SO losses easily could have been wins. We were up against Tampa in the 3rd last game and I could see us beating them tomorrow. The schedule narrative is a bit of a crap shoot, shit teams still beat good teams every so often
Yeah and if we are attributing the cause of our losses I'd say having half the team being AHLers is a bigger reason then the schedule.

Reactions: Rapala

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Fantalli would be the best players the Habs had since I follow them and would be our anchor in the C for the next 20 yrs. Getting the 2nd pick OA would be huge
I know Bedard > Fantilli, something about Fantilli on the habs is so enticing. He would fit PERFECTLY! He’s a future 90 point centre. Suzuki slots in perfectly at 2C

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
There was reason for it. We were finding ways to win and playing way over our heads, especially the goalies.

Even vs NYR and CAR, those SO losses easily could have been wins. We were up against Tampa in the 3rd last game and I could see us beating them tomorrow. The schedule narrative is a bit of a crap shoot, shit teams still beat good teams every so often
There was no reason for it. We've lost 9 out of our last 10. LOL!

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah and if we are attributing the cause of our losses I'd say having half the team being AHLers is a bigger reason then the schedule.
So you're saying the calibre of our roster is an attributing factor to our losses but the calibre of our opponents' rosters during this run against high end teams isn't one? :huh:

1679326579393.png

• Haha
Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know Bedard > Fantilli, something about Fantilli on the habs is so enticing. He would fit PERFECTLY! He’s a future 90 point centre. Suzuki slots in perfectly at 2C

100% agree. Bedard would be nice but if we get him, I would play him on Dubois wing for his first few years before he might move to center. If anything, you move Suzuki to wing and Bedard at center.

Fantilli would pair up well with Suzuki and I don't care if we have Dubois and Dach in that mix. That's a darn good problem to have. Team Canada wins gold medals with centers on wing and it's simple... talent plays with talent.

Slaf looked much better playing with Monahan.... Imagine how he would look playing with Dubois and Dach or Dubois and Bedard? or Dubois and Fantilli?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
So you're saying the calibre of our roster is an attributing factor to our losses but the calibre of our opponents' rosters during this run against high end teams isn't one? :huh:

View attachment 672718
Not that it isn't one at all but it's a much smaller factor, just like quality of linemates is a bigger factor then quality of competition when looking at a player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was just being facetious lol

I know but it was also my opportunity to post something I was pondering about. Seems like we know what we are doing with our tank after all? I guess we have 12 more games of rollercoaster ride to go with a draft lottery after it.

Reactions: 417

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have zero confidence in Detroit tonight against Panthers.

It all rests on Pens beating the Sens to keep Florida out of a playoff spot. Because getting a loser point in an OT/SO loss won't be enough. If they both end the night with the same amount of points, Florida has the tie-breaker with more RWs. So anything less than a Pens win risks the Panthers ending the night at 2WC if they beat the Red Wings.

Granted, Florida was in a playoff spot for like a day or two in January or February before being knocked out again. But the way they've been winning lately and the way the teams around them have been from bad to awful, if they get in this time, they risk holding onto that spot.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Just a pointless question, but I was wondering where everyone else would stand on it.

If we end up with the 6th overall pick in this draft, but we lived in a nightmare world where you had to choose between keeping the pick or keeping Lane Hutson, which one would you keep?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Starting to believe the Habs are safe for a bottom 5 pick. I will be ecstatic with one of Bedard/Fantilli/Michkov, content with Smith/Carlsson, and if Habs drop out of top 5 okay with Benson/Reinbacher.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just a pointless question, but I was wondering where everyone else would stand on it.

If we end up with the 6th overall pick in this draft, but we lived in a nightmare world where you had to choose between keeping the pick or keeping Lane Hutson, which one would you keep?
What are you getting instead of the 6th pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad