HF Habs: 2023 Standings Thread: The Final Act - The Beeline for Bedard (Part 4)

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
So I decided to try it only once... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1679289677724.png
    1679289677724.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Wow
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
It's unreal how all the teams competing with Florida shit to bed. They probably had more motivation since they didn't want to risk giving us a top 10 pick.
That plus the fact Florida has had some incredible comebacks. The tank 2 is looking bleak.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I did it ten times.

The Habs got Bedard once. But there was also... St-Louis (+8) getting him and Washington (+10) getting him. Hum, crazy!

Yup, I get huge jumps from teams behind Montreal too. Lol Washington won three times. Ottawa won, Blues, Detroit, Vancouver, I got Montreal winning 2nd only.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If Washington wins the Bedard sweepstakes I'm going to cry.

Yeah, me too. I don't want a team whose already had a recent super star winning a top 3 spot. Washington & Chicago definitely fit that. Chicago's highly likely going to finish bottom 3 though, so that one is looking good for them.

The good news is my 1st time trying it this morning, Montreal won.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Last thread was at 8K. Time for a refresh as Montreal plays out their final 12 games of the season.

Can you believe it's been 70 games already?

Montreal looks pretty solid at #5 pre-lottery.
Still has a good chance at #4.
And, a bit of a chance at #3.

Standings of the bottom 10 as of Sunday, March 19th:

View attachment 672569

Tankathon link, if you want to SIM the lottery.

This is the official tank thread along with general discussion on games meaningful to Montreal's tank (tank #1), or Florida's tank (tank #2). That last one isn't going so well anymore.
Props for "The Beeline for Bedard". Great title!

• Love
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Had a crazy lucid dream last night where we won the sweepstakes.

As far as todays games
Pitt Ott
Fla Det
Chi
Col
SJS EdM
La CGY

Not a lot of super important ones, but a lot with potential impact down the road. A Pitt win and a FLA loss would go a long way. For tank 1 while SJS is there having Chicago win win be even better

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah, me too. I don't want a team whose already had a recent super star winning a top 3 spot. Washington & Chicago definitely fit that. Chicago's highly likely going to finish bottom 3 though, so that one is looking good for them.

Imagine how satisfying it would be if we snatch Bedard from the jaws of Dalibor Dvorsky.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I did it ten times.

The Habs got Bedard once. But there was also... St-Louis (+8) getting him and Washington (+10) getting him. Hum, crazy!

Not really crazy, it's called a lottery for a reason. Whoever gets Bedard, got lucky. This is not really a genius strategy move. Blackhawks went scorched earth to tank and they are 6 pts below us with one game in hand. 11.5% vs 8.5% difference in lottery odds.

Spots 7-11 have combined 24% chance at Bedard. That's almost equal to the 1st spot. And also the 2nd and 3rd combined.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hoping we can drop another spot and be in 4th.................don't think we can get to 3rd.

I was hoping for a 3 point game from the Canucks/Ducks game last night with the Ducks getting the 2 pts. Canucks won so I guess our probability of finishing 6th last (worse case) is much better now.

4 would be nice. It's still reachable.

I have been looking at if we don't get one of (Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov)... Will Smith is one I would draft. I like his all around game and he has good goal scoring power. He's got good size. Not sure about his skating.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
On another note if we do end up with a mid to high teens pick from Florida I’m basically all in on trading it for Dubois. I’d like to start cheering for W’s again next season and even if we miss we’d be heading in the right direction.

At this point, I really don't care where the Panthers pick ends up. It was tracking 10-18 range pretty much all season long. That's a good piece to dangle for Dubois and it's been the case for a while now.

Panthers sneak in and go on a run? Possible if the face the Canes or Devils but not with the Bruins. I still think they just miss the playoffs but teams like the Sabres, Sens, Caps have done a poor job at competing and staying in the race... especially with all the games in hand they had a few weeks ago.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I just want to see Bedard in a real hockey market. It would be a shame for him to disappear into the Twilight Zone in Arizona. I'd be good with Vancouver – they deserves a break. I'd also be fine with Washington or Chicago getting Bedard because I've been watching them long before current superstars and recent scandals. IMO, the NHL is better when players and teams have personalities, good and bad. Rooting against a team you hate is more fun than not giving a shit about them.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hoping we can drop another spot and be in 4th.................don't think we can get to 3rd.
It’s gonna be tough but doable ….5th is the most probable with a decent shot at 4th

f*** it though….lets just win the lottery and draft Bedard

Yup, I get huge jumps from teams behind Montreal too. Lol Washington won three times. Ottawa won, Blues, Detroit, Vancouver, I got Montreal winning 2nd only.
Just tried it myself

1.Capitals
2.Habs

I’ll take it for sure

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
If we don't get Bedard then I hope it's SJ or Ana.

Main thing is no team jumping over us and pushing us back a spot or two in the draft order.

It would be really crappy to finish 4th or 5th worst and then draft 6th or 7th.
Serve folks right for pissing on your own team, karma.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad