HF Habs: 2023 Standings Thread: The Final Act - The Beeline for Bedard (Part 4)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Fantilli would be a great pick for us. Big boy that can turn the needle in both the physical areas and on offense.
I’m in lala land if we get 1

Im ecstatic if we pick 2-3
I’m a happy camper if we pick 4
I’m relieved if we pick 5th
Im ok with it at 6
I’m ok but slightly disappointed at 7

I agree with this. We all want Bedard or one of Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov but this is a draft lottery. We can't get emotionally attached to it where if we don't get one of those 4, we are depressed and go in complain mode.
You’re asking for WAY TOO MUCH with that claim lol

This HF man where posters shit on players in a GDT for missing a pass lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m in lala land if we get 1

Im ecstatic if we pick 2-3
I’m a happy camper if we pick 4
I’m relieved if we pick 5th
Im ok with it at 6
I’m ok but slightly disappointed at 7

You’re asking for WAY TOO MUCH with that claim lol

This HF man where posters shit on players in a GDT for missing a pass lol

Bergevin quote: 100K of GM fans living in the basement of their parents house. :laugh:.

I'm already setting myself up for if we don't get one of the top 4. Smith looks good to me. Especially if we have to trade Beck in the Dubois package trade. Smith's goal scoring power is very high and he has size for a center. Good all around game and his offensive ability is underrated.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's the goal in finishing the lowest in the standings possible. You can move back 2 spots at most. So if you finish Bottom-3, you're guaranteed a Top-5 pick. Right now, Habs are 5th worst, so we're currently guaranteed at worst 7th overall.

Based on the KK and Slaf spots, I'm expecting us to pick 5-7 range. That's where it's tracking in probability and we just have not had much luck with picking in the right spot with our top 10 picks. Except for Sergachev I guess.

If Michkov don't slip, I'm taking Smith

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fantalli would be the best players the Habs since I follow them and would be our anchor in the C for the next 20 yrs. Getting the 2nd pick OA would be huge

Carlsson seems out of reach cause it appears he is pegged at 3. So yeah, it comes down to this.

1) Bedard or Fantilli lottery wins
or
2) Michkov slips past 4.
or
3) We have to take the BPA from the waive after (I'd take Smith).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i find that days/weeks pass so fast but when it comes to this lottery i feel like its taking forever for that day to arrive

It's because this is both exciting and nervous times and we are looking at it more than once a day. We all feel it.

Look at the good side of things. Habs have done well in terms of moving closer to 1 vs 10 in the last month.

Wonder if Canucks would trade down for some immediate help.

9th OV (VAN)
For
2025 1st (MTL) (Top 16 protected)
Anderson
Harris

Overpayment.

A few comments:

* Anderson is worth a fair amount and the Canucks likely can't fit his contract in. Anderson's big body with so many rookies being injected is a piece we should keep. Anderson should not be traded unless it's pry away value. You can clearly see the value he brings on the ice when he's at his best. We should not be in a hurry to trade Anderson

* Habs should not be trading any of our 1st rounders for 5+ years. Not even with lottery protection. Not even if we are in a wild card chase. Only trade our 1st rounder once we get to become a top 10 consistent team.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I actually tried again...I tried it over 30 times and never got 1st overall again. At that point I had to give up. :laugh:

However, I did get 2nd overall.

Shanahan famously ran the draft lotto sim at the end of the year, won the pick for Matthews and never opened it again.

I'm hoping Hughes' daughter premotion comes true. Said if he went to Buffalo they'd win the Bedard lotto, so he went.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Vancouver is going to play themselves out of the Bedard draft. They're only 4 pts back of Ottawa in 11th & 5 points back of Buffalo in 12th. If they hit 12, there's zero chance at Bedard.

Frustrating watching Anaheim basically throw the game away due to mental errors and an overall lack of compete, and softness in the final 2 minutes. Their D really sucks.
I didn't watch the game but that result is pathetic given the pre game background.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Fantalli would be the best players the Habs had since I follow them and would be our anchor in the C for the next 20 yrs. Getting the 2nd pick OA would be huge
Don't stop repeating the mantra BedardFantilliBedardFantilliBedardFantilli.

One of these two studs would be sweet redemption for the angst we've been put through going back to 2012.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Washington, Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit all looked like they could finish ahead of Florida at the deadline but have crashed so hard in recent weeks that teams like Vancouver and St Louis could now finish ahead of them. Vancouver was below the Habs 2-3 weeks ago and the Blues were in a dead heat with us. It's unreal how bad Washington, Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit have this month.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Washington, Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit all looked like they could finish ahead of Florida at the deadline but have crashed so hard in recent weeks that teams like Vancouver and St Louis could now finish ahead of them. Vancouver was below the Habs 2-3 weeks ago and the Blues were in a dead heat with us. It's unreal how bad Washington, Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit have this month.
Ottawa has been a big disappointment considering they tried to be competitive and actually added at the deadline. Sabres are a let down as I think they could have added more to give their team a boost, their offense is there but goaltending isnt.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
And there were so many manic depressive naysayers in here who lost their shit anytime someone suggested we had a difficult schedule coming up.

There was reason for it. We were finding ways to win and playing way over our heads, especially the goalies.

Even vs NYR and CAR, those SO losses easily could have been wins. We were up against Tampa in the 3rd last game and I could see us beating them tomorrow. The schedule narrative is a bit of a crap shoot, shit teams still beat good teams every so often

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad