HF Habs: 2023 Standings Thread: The Final Act - The Beeline for Bedard (Part 4)

Jul 6, 2016
You don’t trade the 5th/6th overall pick for PLD! Get over him already. He’s not that good, go ahead and ship them Floridas pick if you’re desperate or wait and sign him but don’t you trade that pick, and definitely not for him.

I’ll gladly take Benson. Who cares if he’s smallish. Crosby isn’t huge, most skilled players in the league aren’t but we’re so obsessed with size. Slaf may work out but it’s already looking like the “smallish” guy Cooley was the better choice.

Michkov, anything can change in that political world by the time he comes over. You pass on that kind of talent based on just the immediate climate and not the actual kid and his talents, he’ll make you look dumb for passing once he comes over.
The kid is not even 160 pounds. Please, never compare him to Crosby, a force of the nature. Habs have plenty of smallish forwards. They don't need another one. Have you watch the Bruins lately ? Besides Marchand, not many guys under 6' on that team. Same with the Canes.

And sorry to tell you, but the situation in the World is getting worse, not better.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

1681497611580.png

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
#toughschedulemyassisrightshouldhavebeendeadlastwithourrostermorons
Yes, lets fault the players for playing hard, earn their salaries, trying everything they can to try to earn a spot, and be pros. Not sure who the morons are here for not understanding this.

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
The kid is not even 160 pounds. Please, never compare him to Crosby, a force of the nature. Habs have plenty of smallish forwards. They don't need another one. Have you watch the Bruins lately ? Besides Marchand, not many guys under 6' on that team. Same with the Canes.

And sorry to tell you, but the situation in the World is getting worse, not better.
Alright, build your team of big, hulking, slow, no hands, no finish galutes then! Sure to win it all right away with that recipe. Size, size, size!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
We should get a first for Dru I bet.

Just kidding ! !!!!!

Its over, lets watch some hockey, watch the leafs lose hopefully and gte a good draft pick... the tire fire that was this season is OVER !!!!

Jul 6, 2016
Alright, build your team of big, hulking, slow, no hands, no finish galutes then! Sure to win it all right away with that recipe. Size, size, size!
You have bad faith. There is lots of good, skilled, fast guys 6'0 and over. Other very successful team have that. Habs have enough smaller guys with Caufield, Gally, RHP, Farrell or thin guys like Ylonen, Mesar. Bring me more guys like Suzuki and Dach.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
You have bad faith. There is lots of good, skilled, fast guys 6'0 and over. Other very successful team have that. Habs have enough smaller guys with Caufield, Gally, RHP, Farrell or thin guys like Ylonen, Mesar. Bring me more guys like Suzuki and Dach.
Of all thoses small guys u mentionned, there's a good chance only 2 of them are NHLER for us in the next 3-4years... I also take 3xRHP instead of 3xArmia.

Jul 6, 2016
Of all thoses small guys u mentionned, there's a good chance only 2 of them are NHLER for us in the next 3-4years... I also take 3xRHP instead of 3xArmia.
You see what's happened with Byron ? 1 RHP is enough, like 1 Armia is more than enough .

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
You see what's happened with Byron ? 1 RHP is enough, like 1 Armia is more than enough .
What I mean is it's pretty weird wanting to passed on a guy like Benson because we have guys like Farrell and Mesar in the pipeline (they could easily bust), and a fragile Brendan Gallagher. I take smaller guy with big drive like Benson and RHP everyday. We just drafted a big powerfoward with suspect potential at number 1 last year, we can go small this year. We have Dach, Suzuki and Slaf over 200lbs for our top6. We "might" acquired Dubois too. Anderson is still there and Ylonen is 6ft1 btw and Heineman might make the team too. Xhekaj, Guhle, Savard, Matheson, are all big guys at D, Mailloux is coming also.. Benson fits very, very well! The narrative that we need to get bigger is false. We need guys with drive and will to win.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty certain Habs brass are still happy with the player they picked at #1.
Far too early anyhow as the Habs stated they were not out to get the best player immediately following the draft, but 3 years after it.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Because if you're someone like, let's say Pittsburgh.. if you're not confident you're going to make it in, and you get just as good of odds as anyone else to win a prospect like Bedard - why would you buy? You'd just sell off to the top heavy teams and purposefully miss the play-offs to get in the lottery.

Capitals and Red Wings could have made play-off pushes but chose to sell for a marginal difference in lottery odds for Bedard.. now imagine if those odds were larger? How many other teams would have made the same decision?
You have a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad