HF Habs: 2023 Schedule & Standings Thread part 3: Race for Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
For tonight:

- BUF win vs. BOS: BUF win moves them 3 pts behind FLA.
- WSH win vs. MIN: WSH win moves them 2 pts behind FLA. FLA will have 2 games in hand.
- NSH win vs. NYR: NSH win moves them 1 pt ahead of FLA in the OA standings with 1 game in hand.

The following games going to OT/SO would be ideal:

- STL vs. WPG: STL win moves them 7 pts ahead of MTL with 1 game in hand. WPG win moves them 6 pts ahead of FLA in the OA standings. FLA will have 2 games in hand.
- VAN vs. ANA: VAN win moves them 7 pts ahead of MTL with 1 game in hand. ANA win moves them 2 pts behind MTL.

Tank #1: MTL will remain in 28th place no matter what. But the VAN/ANA game will help serve this tank no matter what. VAN can grow their separation and ANA can get that much closer behind MTL. I'll give the edge to ANA to win this so they can pass MTL since VAN is already 5 pts ahead. But whoever wins is a positive for Tank #1.

Tank #2: As our hope for this one continues to fade, NSH can knock FLA down to 18th place in the OA standings if they get at least a point today. Meanwhile, BUF and WSH can keep themselves right behind FLA if they can win their respective games.
Anaheim in OT would complete a really good weekend!!!

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I am going to refrain until next season. He was out for around 2 months, yes he has been great in his small sample size when none of these games truly matter.

That's fair, but man the eye test thus far has been absolutely fantastic. He looks like he's finally coming into his own and actually scratching his ceiling. I love watching him play. He looks like a real corner piece going forward.

But as you say time will tell.

Reactions: MilesNewton

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Just accept it Florida is making the playoffs. They've passed everyone but the Pens who are having a meltdown. Cheer for Anaheim.

never-harrypotter.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember when the Habs were looking to move Pacioretty, that Tage Thompson was a player I would have targeted back then, but I never thought he'd explode like this.
To think that Thompson could have been had for a moderate price not so long ago.

Shows you how often the pros don’t get it right.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
A VAN regulation win would be disappointing. A missed opportunity for Anaheim

There's still positive, that would put Vancouver out of reach for sure........but yeah, the best possible scenario is still a win by Anaheim in overtime. Still 20 minutes to go....

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can you imagine drafting both Bedard with Hutson in our farm system? Along with Slaf on our team. That's serious rebuild!

Plus, a star UFA may actually sign here. He will want to play with Bedard. All those bad contracts coming off next 3 years. Things lining up

If you get Bedard and have nothing else in your franchise you're in great shape. But the odds are very low to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad