HF Habs: 2023 Schedule & Standings Thread part 3: Race for Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm worried about Philly too! But hey 2 points up and a game in hand makes me feel better at least. I'm not hopeful for Chicago.. but if we can at least get 4th from ducks I'll be ecstatic!
Yeah I would be happy with finishing 4th last. But man, the odds are so much better if you finish 3rd last:

if you finish 4th last, there's only a 35% chance you draft top 4 (and thus get one of Bedard, Fantelli, Mishkov, or Carlesson).

Whereas if you finish 3rd last, there's a 71% chance you draft top 4.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Yeah I would be happy with finishing 4th last. But man, the odds are so much better if you finish 3rd last:

if you finish 4th last, there's only a 35% chance you draft top 4 (and thus get one of Bedard, Fantelli, Mishkov, or Carlesson).

Yeah man top 3 is the dream .. 4th being most probable I think but if we can go 0-12 we're gonna be laughing 😃

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

From where were just 3-4 weeks ago.....kind of just happy right now.

There were talks here about the Habs finishing around 9-10 then and now, unless there's a drastic change, we're talking about finishing 6 at worst and maybe even reach 4.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

There were talks here about the Habs finishing around 9-10 then and now, unless there's a drastic change, we're talking about finishing 6 at worst and maybe even reach 4.

Like I said before, if Habs can be in range Benson//Smith, that would easily change the future of forward group for many years to come!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Can someone tell me the Difference between drafting 17th instead of 13th or 12th?

Who cares if Florida makes it or not , yall should be more focused to lock a top 5 top 4 pick with our own team.
Even if FLorida doesnt make it they have like 0.00005% chance to get a top 3 pick
As I been following our other 1st rounder we got last season is doing completely awful .. Mesar

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Can someone tell me the Difference between drafting 17th instead of 13th or 12th?

Who cares if Florida makes it or not , yall should be more focused to lock a top 5 top 4 pick with our own team.
Even if FLorida doesnt make it they have like 0.00005% chance to get a top 3 pick
As I been following our other 1st rounder we got last season is doing completely awful .. Mesar
If Florida doesn’t make it, it increases our shot at Bedard. Even if it’s just by a bit, it matters.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Buffalo had no excuse to not use some resources to reward the team. Especially for someone like Dahlin who's sat in the basement of the NHL for years.
Buffalo and Edmonton might as well proceed to management swaps on alternate years. The process would be seamless.

We’d kill for some of the talent on those teams and yet, both have clueless individuals at the helm.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Columbus getting killed by Vegas, 1-7 with less than 7 minutes to go in the game.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
I thought teams could only move up 10 spots so wouldn’t Florida need to not only miss but finish 11th last or worse for it to affect our shot at bedard at all?

Reactions: Belial

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

And maybe even 3rd...

But yeah, 4th or 5th last would be nice.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
To no one’s surprise, Vegas wins over CBJ, 7-2.

seinfeld-elaine.gif

If Florida doesn’t make it, it increases our shot at Bedard. Even if it’s just by a bit, it matters.

Only way it increases the odds of landing Bedard is if Florida finishes at the latest 11th last in the overall standings, which means they finish 22nd overall. Teams can move up a maximum of 10 spots in the draft. So only the bottom-11 teams have a legit chance to get the 1st overall pick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1-7 is great

You get Bedard Carlsson Fantilli Michkov Benson Smith or Reinbacher
I don’t know where rankings have been trending but is Reinbacher now in the conversation as a top 7? I gotta do some catch up reading.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad