HF Habs: 2023 Schedule & Standings Thread part 3: Race for Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Tank fires back up tomorrow.

Obviously, we want the Panthers to lose to the Lightning.

Isles play the Flyers. Ideally we want a 3-pt game, with Philly winning. NYI win isn‘t a horrible result but not ideal.

Flames and the Rangers have no real bearing.

Need the Canucks to beat the Devils, but my confidence isn’t high.

Want a Ducks win vs the Stars, and Yotes to beat Minny.

Last 3 games are big asks. Hopefully at least 1 comes through.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
giphy.webp

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- VAN will have 3 games this week. 3 chances to get at least 1 win to move ahead of MTL.
- SJS have 2 games this week. They would need to win both to move ahead of MTL. They play TBL and FLA.

- CHI has 2 games this week, one vs. ARI and the other vs. ANA. So the good news there is that at least one of these teams will be getting 2 pts and closing the gap a little more on MTL.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Going into this break, there's at least a clean 5 points break with all the other above us
1675630850424.png

Habs only has 3 games left against all the other below us.

Many of those teams will face each other until the end of the season, more than once, but this caught my attention

- There's 3 games left between the Anaheim and Vancouver.
- There's 3 games left between Chicago and Arizona

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Going into this break, there's at least a clean 5 points break with all the other above us
View attachment 646076

Habs only has 3 games left against all the other below us.

Many of those teams will face each other until the end of the season, more than once, but this caught my attention

- There's 3 games left between the Anaheim and Vancouver.
- There's 3 games left between Chicago and Arizona
Ya I'd be VERY surprised if we managed to climb the rankings from now to the end of the season. I also feel like one 5-7 game losing streak would put us battling with Arizona and Anaheim.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Ya I'd be VERY surprised if we managed to climb the rankings from now to the end of the season. I also feel like one 5-7 game losing streak would put us battling with Arizona and Anaheim.
there were 8 game losing streaks last season. i don't understand what the problem is this season... who's screwing up?

Reactions: Gravity

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
there were 8 game losing streaks last season. i don't understand what the problem is this season... who's screwing up?
For us:
-Montembeault has been excellent this season
-The defense is much better at transitioning the puck

As for other teams:
-Chicago is icing the fewest NHL players out of all the teams
-Columbus got destroyed by injuries
-Anaheim has its own version of Ducharme

We were never catching up to these three teams.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I feel like we could go on a 5-7 game losing streak and be in exactly the same spot as I don't trust any of them to win games except when they play each other and even then I half expect some sort of double forfeit.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
would assume we end up pre lottery in the 5-7 range. Just need the blues, sens and flyers to not fall back closer to us. Getting under 6th OA is going to be tough as several teams clearly dream the Bedard tank dream.

the panthers pick though is much tougher to project, really need them to stop winning so much of late.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Back at it tonight.

- FLA regulation loss vs. TBL: TBL win moves them 13 pts ahead of FLA in the Top-3 Divisional spots with 4 games in hand.

- VAN win vs. NJD: VAN win moves them 1 pt ahead of MTL and will have 1 game in hand.
- ANA win vs. DAL: ANA win moves them 5 pts behind MTL.
- ARI win vs. MIN: ARI win moves them 4 pts behind MTL. However, MIN win + FLA reg. loss = MIN moves 6 pts ahead of FLA with 4 games in hand.

For these two games, a 3-point game would be ideal:

- NYI vs. PHI: NYI win + FLA reg. loss = NYI moves 3 pts ahead of FLA. PHI win + FLA reg. loss = PHI moves 1 pt behind FLA with 1 game in hand.
- CGY vs. NYR: CGY win + FLA reg. loss = CGY moves 5 pts ahead of FLA with 2 games in hand. NYR win + FLA reg. loss = NYR moves 10 pts ahead of FLA with 3 games in hand.

MTL could drop 1 spot from 26th to 27th if VAN wins. And the chance for some teams behind MTL to get tighter behind them is a possibility.
FLA losing in regulation doesn't drop them, but teams could get tighter behind them and others ahead of them to create separation. However, if FLA wins, they move ahead of NSH. And if NYI loses in regulation, FLA will move up 2 spots.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Back at it tonight.

- FLA regulation loss vs. TBL: TBL win moves them 13 pts ahead of FLA in the Top-3 Divisional spots with 4 games in hand.

- VAN win vs. NJD: VAN win moves them 1 pt ahead of MTL and will have 1 game in hand.
- ARI win vs. MIN: ARI win moves them 4 pts behind MTL. However, MIN win + FLA reg. loss = MIN moves 6 pts ahead of FLA with 4 games in hand.

- NYI vs. PHI: NYI win + FLA reg. loss = NYI moves 3 pts ahead of FLA. PHI win + FLA reg. loss = PHI moves 1 pt behind FLA with 1 game in hand.
- CGY vs. NYR: CGY win + FLA reg. loss = CGY moves 5 pts ahead of FLA with 2 games in hand. NYR win + FLA reg. loss = NYR moves 10 pts ahead of FLA with 3 games in hand.

MTL could drop 1 spot from 26th to 27th if VAN wins. And the chance for some teams behind MTL to get tighter behind them is a possibility.
FLA losing in regulation doesn't drop them, but teams could get tighter behind them and others ahead of them to create separation. However, if FLA wins, they move ahead of NSH. And if NYI loses in regulation, FLA will move up 2 spots.
Could be a pretty big week capped off with our own B2B this coming weekend. Let’s hope our boys will still be in “vacation mode” when they return.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Back at it tonight.

file-FlE7GXIaHq.gif

:sarcasm:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Back at it tonight.

So happy to have these back to review as I start my day,

We need a florida loss tonight as they likely beat the Sharks this week, Ideally at the end of this week they get three points or less between SJS, TB, COL.

In addition they're schedule is lighter this month
- Ana, SJS, STL - bottom dwellers - likely 5/6 pts
- TBx2, MIN, Colorado - Playoff teams - likely 3-4/8pts
- Buff, WSH, NSH, - Bubble teams

The two games against Buffalo and Washington who there chasing will be the games that decide there fate going into the deadline

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Islanders, Oilers, Hawks, Hurricanes, Leafs and Devils

I can honestly see us losing 5/6 here...we'll beat the Leafs.
I think we lose all 6. Leafs will want revenge for the last game. We may beat Chicago.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think we lose all 6. Leafs will want revenge for the last game. We may beat Chicago.

Maybe, I don't think we'll extend our losing streak to 10 which is why I threw a win in there. This team tends to show up against the Leafs but maybe it'll be the Hawks we beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad