HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I don't think Harris proved he was better or more ready than Xhekaj who while not perfect didn't lose board battles and brought intangibles Harris cannot bring.

I agree but I think Harris needs to be at the NHL level to adapt to that level of physical play / speed.

Xhekaj physical play isn’t an issue but I hope they don’t keep him for his intangibles and allow him to improve his hockey skills which he would be able to do as a top4 D in the AHL.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Tyson

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Makes sense it isn't too common for a 20 year old dman (barron) to make the NHL

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully they are just giving Slafkovsky a 9 game look and don't waste an ELC year having him struggle in NHL. This year will show if this organization is really going to be different at developing compared to Bergevin.

Reactions: ReHabs

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Oups, my bad!
I replied before reading Leskinen was given his bus pass 😉
I think they keep Leskinen to start the season, Harris too but Xhekaj goes to Laval. He could use some time to develop his hockey skills and will certainly be one of the first call ups.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Hopefully they are just giving Slafkovsky a 9 game look and don't waste an ELC year having him struggle in NHL. This year will show if this organization is really going to be different at developing compared to Bergevin.
That won't change anything for Slaf, even if we send him down before the 9 games the chance are extremely high that he will finish the year with the Habs and will play more then 9 games

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I think you're right, but that's a bummer. Leskinen has shown nothing . If I understand right, he's waivers exempt,and has a one year, one way contract?
I guess he'll be eating hotdogs in the stands as the 7th or 8th D ?
Jackeye and Harris both have way higher ceilings. I hope they don't collect dust in the AHL for too long.

Well I was wrong, Leskinen to AHL

Reactions: rickthegoon

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
So we start the season with these 14F, 7 D. Two more decisions to be made when Armia and Edmundson return. Slaf/Xhekaj likely get tryouts until then.

Suzuki
Caufield
Monahan
Anderson
Dach
Drouin
Dadonov
Dvorak
Gallagher
Pitlick
Evans
Hoffman
Slaf
Pezzetta

INJ: Heineman, Byron, Armia

Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Wideman
Xhekaj
Harris
Kovacevic

INJ: Mailloux, Edmundson

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Well, we tanked last year and we'll tank this year. That's two. I don't know why you're sounding the alarm bells. Most posters just want a chance at Bedard/Michkov/Fantilli/Karlsson/Sale and are ready to compete next year.

What about Kovacevik 2024 Misa 2025, i mean why stop at Bedard :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad