Prospect Info: 2023 Rookie Faceoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I gotta disagree with you on Pitre. He's doing what most forwards are still trying to learn: crash the net. Pitre was getting everywhere and got on the scoresheet. He created a breakaway shortie and gifted Sidorov with a puck in front of the Kings' net for a goal b/c of his puck hounding check on the King defender behind the net that caused a turnover.

Before the rookie tourney, I had no idea what Pitre could do on the ice. Now I know and I like it. More of that development please. Put on more mass and he'd be a great wrecking ball.
Yeah, Pitre was integral to the line. He makes his own space and he does smart things with it.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Has anybody subscribed to AHL TV and can comment on the quality of the broadcasts? Maybe more specifically the Gulls games? I've watch one of their free days here and there. Most of the broadcasts I've seen were a step up from the rookie tournament but far from NHL level video coverage. Just wondering if it's worth subscribing this year.

TIA
I've had it for playoffs before. It's not great quality, but it's not horrible. My experience is somewhere between NHL broadcast and the rookie tournament broadcast. If I remember right, the camera angles were better than the rookie tournament and the replays were significantly better, but I don't think it was as high quality as NHL broadcast (which makes sense). It's been a couple of years, so maybe my memory is bad or the quality is better, but if you're not going to miss the money and the Gulls are actually as fun to watch as they should be (with the infusion of the young guys), I think it's worth it.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Has anybody subscribed to AHL TV and can comment on the quality of the broadcasts? Maybe more specifically the Gulls games? I've watch one of their free days here and there. Most of the broadcasts I've seen were a step up from the rookie tournament but far from NHL level video coverage. Just wondering if it's worth subscribing this year.

TIA
It's exactly that. A step up from a remote camera on a swivel at a shitty angle but it's not like an NHL production or anything. Not even a KCAL level production. They don't have the setup. I find it perfectly watchable though.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I'm one Ducks fan who preferred Carlsson over Fantilli. I'm also one of the Ducks fan who preferred McTavish over Eklund, Guenther, or Johnson.

I wonder where are all the comments that Ducks fans are upset that we picked McTavish today?
It’s a bit early… Hughes and Edvinsson are looking fantastic and may surpass Mac within a few seasons.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I've had it for playoffs before. It's not great quality, but it's not horrible. My experience is somewhere between NHL broadcast and the rookie tournament broadcast. If I remember right, the camera angles were better than the rookie tournament and the replays were significantly better, but I don't think it was as high quality as NHL broadcast (which makes sense). It's been a couple of years, so maybe my memory is bad or the quality is better, but if you're not going to miss the money and the Gulls are actually as fun to watch as they should be (with the infusion of the young guys), I think it's worth it.

It's exactly that. A step up from a remote camera on a swivel at a shitty angle but it's not like an NHL production or anything. Not even a KCAL level production. They don't have the setup. I find it perfectly watchable though.
Thanks guys. That sounds a lot like what I remember. It may be worth the money this year to follow the team. $65 for the regular season. Home and Away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad