Prospect Info: 2023 Rookie Faceoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The entire thing is usually open to the public. I went last year and just watched them do drills and stuff, it was fun.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Suchanek is the only invite

1688335105044.png

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Suchanek looks interesting and makes sense for depth, having someone play in ECHL in case Alexander disappoints.

All of the legit tough guys are playing for Vegas, Leafs, Rangers, Senators. It’s crazy how many invites other teams have and we only have one. It’s like they have a big budget and we can’t afford it. I’m hoping it is due to us wanting to focus more on our investments.

Last edited:

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Suchanek looks interesting and makes sense for depth, having someone play in ECHL in case Alexander disappoints.

All of the legit tough guys are playing for Vegas, Leafs, Rangers, Senators. It’s crazy how many invites other teams have and we only have one. It’s like they have a big budget and we can’t afford it. I’m hoping it’s more to help us focus more on our investments.
We don’t have room probably, the ducks have like 30+ prospects now.

Reactions: cheesymc

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We don’t have room probably, the ducks have like 30+ prospects now.
Yeah, I just like seeing who we have on our scouts short list. It’s been a while since we found any random gems. Benoit is the only one that has succeeded for a long time and he is gone… it would have amazing to have found Xhekaj… he is exactly what we are needing… him and Gudas would bring some attitude to our team. The good old days when we put more resources in finding the next Jeannot types… I remember Ross Johnston invited and absolutely manhandled other enforcers… too bad we did not sign him.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
The Ducks will only have 4 goalies signed when Dostal gets signed, so we definitely have room to sign one more goalie, though it will probably be a more traditional third goalie with a bit of NHL experience
Perhaps. I’ve thought the experienced goalie part at times, if one of Gibby or Dostal goes down, Clang is the one getting promoted currently. But getting a nhl experienced goalie puts Clang in a weird spot as well due to the fact they would likely want to start in SD when not called up to ANA. I’m personally thinking they are probably not getting a vet guy, and will just trade for a cheap vet goalie if one of Gibby or Dostal goes down long term. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are trying to sign Suchanek to have him and Alexander fight for who gets to back up in SD vs start in Tulsa. Once Buteyets arrives I imagine this issue will resolve itself so it would just be one year of awkward goalie depth.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Assuming McT gets his number 23 now. Carlsson is listed as # 37.
Always be careful with these number lists. When Z was still with the Gulls, he was listed as #52 on the Ducks' website. I then had my Reverse Retro customized with that number and, literally, few days after completion of the job he made his debut wearing #46. SMH.

• Wow
Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad