Prospect Info: 2023 Rookie Faceoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Derek Lee's got a bunch of YT short videos of a few forwards doing skill drills. Myatovic looks the smoothest that included Terrance, Pitre, and Sidorov.

There's a 2 minute long drill of Carlsson skating like 160 ft in one direction timed consecutively with an 8-sec reset interval until he fatigued. Guess testing for endurance. Had to reset my mind that 37 isn't McTavish in these videos.

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Derek Lee's got a bunch of YT short videos of a few forwards doing skill drills. Myatovic looks the smoothest that included Terrance, Pitre, and Sidorov.

There's a 2 minute long drill of Carlsson skating like 160 ft in one direction timed consecutively with an 8-sec reset interval until he fatigued. Guess testing for endurance. Had to reset my mind that 37 isn't McTavish in these videos.

The more I watch nico, the more I realize why he was picked 33

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Probably hyperbole, but some Ducks fans on twitter acted like they took Hal Gill over Nathan McKinnon. The same people that wanted PV fired.
I didn’t really see that so I’ll defer to you, but Twitter is a cesspool for instant hot takes and you can probably find them for every opinion imaginable. So cherry-picking those to try and make yourself out to be the brave truth-telling contrarian is always lame to me.

And it goes double when all of these Ducks podcasters played a part in why people thought it was a bad choice. They acted like it was a done deal, hyped the hell out of Fantilli and only when word started to get out that it would maybe be Carlsson did they hedge, and even then only a little.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Carlsson looks like he just needs to improve his first step explosiveness. Once he gets going he’s plenty quick, both in terms of top speed and agility.
Agreed. He looked slow at the beginning getting up to speed but settled in nicely after

Reactions: ADHB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad