Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season - 1-4: Week 6 @ Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You said he wasnt good his rookie season, I provided proof that you were wrong, instead of reading it and admitting you were wrong, you say it's too long you won't read, and then proceed to sat you can't compare anything.

That's embarrassing my friend. If you posted stats showing how bad Mac I'd this year, I'd read it.
[/QUOTE]
Pennington had a good rookie year but lack of arm strength gets figured out over time and doesn't scare D coordinators. hence Mac is 8-16 in his last 24

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
Is he being praised? I didn't look that far into it. I just thought it was fascinating because you don't see stuff like that from an on field analyst. It was like they were ready to fight each other. Maybe the NFL Network reassigns him.

wasnt saying anything reacting towards you when you made the post, just want to make that clear

but yeah i saw a lot of people praising him on twitter and it pissed me off so i needed to vent here lol

Reactions: Johnnyduke

mxcrossb

Mar 29, 2023
Osaka
Somehow I feel better about the Pats after watching that Broncos game. I mean, don’t get me wrong, we’re terrible. But there’s a level of misery and cringe there that puts them one step further. Of course, the seasons just begun, and things could fester if we keep losing

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Somehow I feel better about the Pats after watching that Broncos game. I mean, don’t get me wrong, we’re terrible. But there’s a level of misery and cringe there that puts them one step further. Of course, the seasons just begun, and things could fester if we keep losing
I think Sunday is the LAST chance to stop the bleeding. I really believe that if they lose on Sunday, the wheels will completely fall off and Belichick will completely lose the locker room.

We shall see.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Shedeur looking great tonight against Stanford

Edit: Colorado now completely unraveling

Double edit: nevermind Shedeur is just Cardale Jones 2.0 apparently

46-43 Stanford in double OT. Colorado blew a 29-0 lead at home. Nvm on prime and son coming to NE lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rfournier103

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Colorado was 1-11 last year, was never gonna be an instant fix. The early victories skewed things a bit. I am sure he'll have no problem recruiting.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Shedeur looking great tonight against Stanford

Edit: Colorado now completely unraveling

Double edit: nevermind Shedeur is just Cardale Jones 2.0 apparently

46-43 Stanford in double OT. Colorado blew a 29-0 lead at home. Nvm on prime and son coming to NE lol
Here’s what I think of the prospect of Deion Sanders coaching the Patriots…

Total media circus. Huge personality and would be popular with fans for a while. Might have success on the field, or might not. Eventually, his ego would collide with someone in management, ownership, or both. Super messy divorce that leaves the franchise in shambles again. The End.

No thanks.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The next Patriots coach should probably be one of these up and coming OCs like the dude with the Lions.

49ers
Eagles
Chiefs
Dolphins

McVey even though Rams are average now

I like Vrabel but things have stalled for him in Tennessee.

Everyone likes Mayo but I am not sure he would be the smart choice. Those teams i mentioned are all offensive coaches.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The next Patriots coach should probably be one of these up and coming OCs like the dude with the Lions.

49ers
Eagles
Chiefs
Dolphins

McVey even though Rams are average now

I like Vrabel but things have stalled for him in Tennessee.

Everyone likes Mayo but I am not sure he would be the smart choice.
I think Brian Flores would be a pretty good candidate. He wasn’t booted out of Miami for his team’s performance on the field…

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
He’d be great if he brings on a good OC with him

But that's the inherent problem with defensive coaches. You need them to hire a good OC, but then if you're lucky enough to find one, someone else will hire them as a head coach, which just restarts the cycle of getting lucky with finding a good OC.

Reactions: The National

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
You listen to the Raiders press conferences talking about Bill and the Pats and it sounds like Tom and the Pats talking about every other team 4-5 years ago.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
"The team could have elevated Cunningham from the practice squad and then had him revert there after the game, but instead signed him to a three-year deal on their 53-man roster."

That's kinda newsworthy/eye opening.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There’s been reporting from Andrew Callahan that the team is lacking in statistics and analytics when figuring out what talent to bring aboard.

I surely expect the people who cry about analytics every second they can in the Sox thread will be defending the patriots and their methods in this thread, no?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
There’s been reporting from Andrew Callahan that the team is lacking in statistics and analytics when figuring out what talent to bring aboard.

I surely expect the people who cry about analytics every second they can in the Sox thread will be defending the patriots and their methods in this thread, no?
Weird analogy to make but ok

Ultimately I don't care if you're an analytical dweeb or a dinosaur like Belichick. Just win. If you can't do it then find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille