Cambridge, MA
1694244587304.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
27-24 Patriots.
I would enjoy seeing the Pats beat Philly.

@Kate08 may still have nightmares about that game in Minneapolis which the Pats should have won but.......

Today we can say Boston is a football town but Philly always has been and I would never recommend cheering for the visiting team there.....Eagles fans are 'edgy'

@sooshii - The truth is Boston and Philly fans are very much alike.

The one thing I have noticed over the years is people raised in Philly don't relocate.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When I watched the Lions - Chiefs opener two things struck me

1. While Belichick is out signing Jonny Smith to make up for two horrendous draft picks in TE Agassi and Meane - and Agohler because of N”Neil Harry - Joe Tuney is one of the best Guards in football

2. Then he overdrafts Strsnge to replace Tuney leaving CB Trent McDuffie on the board for the Chiefs

Incredible

Also the Lion offense is built exactly how the patriots should have

Mac is smarter and more accurate then Goff

But Detroit gas top OL a number one receiver in St Brown and a young game changer and breakaway threat in Gibbs

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

1. While Belichick is out signing Jonny Smith to make up for two horrendous draft picks in TE Agassi and Meane - and Agohler because of N”Neil Harry - Joe Tuney is one of the best Guards in football

2. Then he overdrafts Strsnge to replace Tuney leaving CB Trent McDuffie on the board for the Chiefs

Incredible

But Detroit gas top OL a number one receiver in St Brown and a young game changer and breakaway threat in Gibbs

I really liked Laporta the other night.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I really liked Laporta the other night.
Yeh me too

I loved Detroit draft - KC catching shit for WR but #4 who caught TD Rashee Rice from SMU is perfect in time for Mahomes

Second round pick who can play in and out - I will be curious how Chiefs second round WR Skyy Moore and Rice progress against Thornton

Fun Fact - I borderline loved Belichick 23 draft and hated his 22

After the Alabama OT went late second??? Every other T was a 4-7 round pick and I get the S at 3

Again - keep Tuney and with Onwenu & Andrews the IOL is elite - yes f***ing elite

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody

Incredible

They got lucky with st brown though, he was like the 17th receiver taken in that draft. Not like that was good planning by them. Agree 100% on Thuney, made no sense to let him go for nothing

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I would enjoy seeing the Pats beat Philly.

@Kate08 may still have nightmares about that game in Minneapolis which the Pats should have won but.......

Today we can say Boston is a football town but Philly always has been and I would never recommend cheering for the visiting team there.....Eagles fans are 'edgy'

@sooshii - The truth is Boston and Philly fans are very much alike.

The one thing I have noticed over the years is people raised in Philly don't relocate.

Kate08 certainly has nightmares about it, especially since I sound like a huge brat when I say I went to the Super Bowl for free on the Patriots plane but they lost

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Zappe signed to the active roster to be the backup, not enough time for Corral to learn the system so he’s been cut and will hopefully join the practice squad

Makes sense to do it today if the goal is to sneak him back to the PS

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
all hands on deck tomorrow..zappe has to be ready

Why? He's not gonna see the field and if he does, the season's over by that point.

Incredible

Yeh me too

I loved Detroit draft - KC catching shit for WR but #4 who caught TD Rashee Rice from SMU is perfect in time for Mahomes

Second round pick who can play in and out - I will be curious how Chiefs second round WR Skyy Moore and Rice progress against Thornton

Fun Fact - I borderline loved Belichick 23 draft and hated his 22

After the Alabama OT went late second??? Every other T was a 4-7 round pick and I get the S at 3

Again - keep Tuney and with Onwenu & Andrews the IOL is elite - yes f***ing elite

are you having a conversation with yourself or was this supposed to be one post?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Belichik is a train wreck these days

His decision making is questionable personally & professionally

NY Post said his split with 15 year GF could be messy as apparently she was wronged

And let’s not forget when there were questions why Belichick wasn’t at some pro day or the combine pictures showed up on Twitter in New Orleans with another women - appearing much younger

It was clearly him and was removed very very quickly by the 2 people who had it

He needs to get his shit together

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Zappe signed to the active roster to be the backup, not enough time for Corral to learn the system so he’s been cut and will hopefully join the practice squad

Makes sense to do it today if the goal is to sneak him back to the PS
If anybody in the league thought Corral was any good this might matter. Sad!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think the Patriots’ fortunes will rest squarely on the offensive line tomorrow. Obviously, that can be said for any team, but I think the Pats have a better than even chance of winning if they improve their third down percentage from last season. Their 3rd down percentage last season was 34.9%. That number needs to come up to AT LEAST 40, I think.

I really have no idea what we’re going to see tomorrow, but I really believe this is do or die for Belichick this year. If Bob Kraft and the Patriots are embarrassed on national TV on Tom Brady Day at Gillette Stadium tomorrow, I think Bill’s warrant will be signed. Then it will only be a matter of time before the sentence is carried out in January.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the Patriots’ fortunes will rest squarely on the offensive line tomorrow. Obviously, that can be said for any team, but I think the Pats have a better than even chance of winning if they improve their third down percentage from last season. Their 3rd down percentage last season was 34.9%. That number needs to come up to AT LEAST 40, I think.

I really have no idea what we’re going to see tomorrow, but I really believe this is do or die for Belichick this year. If Bob Kraft and the Patriots are embarrassed on national TV on Tom Brady Day at Gillette Stadium tomorrow, I think Bill’s warrant will be signed. Then it will only be a matter of time before the sentence is carried out in January.

I think you're looking at the wrong side of the ball. Hurts is the exact type of QB this defense has historically struggled with. If the DLine doesn't contain him, the offense doesn't have a prayer of keeping up regardless of how well the OLine plays.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think you're looking at the wrong side of the ball. Hurts is the exact type of QB this defense has historically struggled with. If the DLine doesn't contain him, the offense doesn't have a prayer of keeping up regardless of how well the OLine plays.
If the Patriots can win time of possession and sustain drives (keeping Hurts off the field), they can absolutely win this game. And that has everything to do with the offensive line.

You’re right, though. The defense will have to do their part. As they used to say in these parts, “it’s going to take a 60-minute effort.”

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I think the Patriots are going to be decent this year.

I see them winning tomorrow. I had a feeling the Lions were going to win. Let's see if I'm right about tomorrow.

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes

Go with 5 man front and hope Barmore overpower Jurgens a C playing G

5 man front cover 2

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00