Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Even Jules criticizing

Jules saying Bill whiffed on picks and that Mac needs help on the offense. And that the Patriots need help on the scouting. He doesn't understand why Meyers wasn't re-signed. Says we need WRs. Ours can't get open or separation. Offensive line issues.

Things I've said but told im crazy. Well. If Jules sees what I see? I'm in good company.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Jules saying Bill whiffed on picks and that Mac needs help on the offense. And that the Patriots need help on the scouting. He doesn't understand why Meyers wasn't re-signed. Says we need WRs. Ours can't get open or separation. Offensive line issues.

Things I've said but told im crazy. Well. If Jules sees what I see? I'm in good company.

Not wrong.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Nobody has said you're crazy for any of these things. You just always have to take this Mac Jones persecution angle.

Reactions: The National

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Signing JuJu instead of Meyers was Bill playing chess and then not knowing how the pieces move across the board. Then Mark Davis shows up looking like a cast member from dumb and dumber and shows everyone he knows how to play checkers.

Should have re-signed Meyers AND continued to do due diligence on acquiring a true #1 elite talent. Fact not opinion. Maybe nothing happened this year but you are in a much better position with Meyers locked up. You don't think Mac would kill for Jakobi right now?

Reactions: DKH and LSCII

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The GM is the issue. The coach not going to ownership about the lack of effort by the GM is an issue. The owner allowing someone to run his business as he has going back to the 2018 draft is the issue. One of Bobbies boy has to take the silver spoon out of his mouth and then pull up his big boy pants. They Bill and Bob are the issue. Why no talent? Horrible FA signings ( other than Judon) and horrible trades during this period. Add in HORRIBLE drafting. Since 2018 thru 2021 they drafted 34 players. 8 are still with pats (only one was worthy of a second contract(Bentley) and one other is worthy(Duggar) the balance are either out of league or running second or third team on their new teams. The management team has put this franchise in a 3-5 year rebuild. So the quicker they blow torch the coaching ( all of them. See ya Mayo. See ya OB definitely see ya to all the Belicheck and their buddies. The quicker the next group can start a rebuild.
  • 2018 draft one player still in NFL out of 6 picks. 5 th round pick Bentley with Patriots.
  • 2019 draft 3 players still in NFL out of 10 picks. All 3 players are not on Patriots. 1 is active on roster and the other 2 are one practice squads.
  • 2020 draft, four players still in NFL ( with Pats) out of 10 picks. Balance of picks are not in NFL.
  • 2021 draft 3 out of 8 players still in NFL. One other on a practice squad. Balance are not in NFL

Bill does not take enough public criticism on his nonsensical drafting tendencies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Signing JuJu instead of Meyers was Bill playing chess and then not knowing how the pieces move across the board. Then Mark Davis shows up looking like a cast member from dumb and dumber and shows everyone he knows how to play checkers.

Should have re-signed Meyers AND continued to do due diligence on acquiring a true #1 elite talent. Fact not opinion. Maybe nothing happened this year but you are in a much better position with Meyers locked up. You don't think Mac would kill for Jakobi right now?

or could have simply drafted flowers.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Offensive line has been an issue for 5+ years. Brady was able to overcome because he's elite at seeing the field; Mac Jones isn't anywhere near that level. If your QB isn't up to par, then go to the running game, but the Patriots don't have that either. All teams have to do is play man-to-man and rush the QB. Heck, even the kicker this year isn't great.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Nobody has said you're crazy for any of these things. You just always have to take this Mac Jones persecution angle.

Nah. It's not persecution. I've been crowned on for 2 years. Nobody said shit to me his rookie year. Ya know. He's my binky. My son, etc etc

When it's not just him. I've defended him when he deserves it, and I've called him out too. But some of you have put this sorely on Mac. And to have Julian Edelman go on national tv and not put the blame sorely on Mac. Say what I've been saying, and admit this is on poor drafting, having nobody on the offense WR side, offensive line issues, saying Bill needs to draft better, calling out Bill subtlety.

It gives validation to what I'm saying. And I'll say it again: we could draft Caleb Williams. We could put Mahomes, Tua, and Allen on this current instructed team. And we'd still suck. Because our offensive line would kill those mobile QB's. Heck, Mahomes has issues with his own line but it's still effective.

College teams have a better o-line than us. It's embarrassing.

This season is on Bill. And that old curmudgeon doesn't say shit.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't know who is doing this. Maybe you do. There could be someone out there saying this is all on Mac and I would certainly disagree. Mac has been dealt a bad hand.

There's a few users I won't name. But I appreciate a fair post by you. I like you Johnny. We may disagree but I respect you as a poster.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have no idea what to make of this:

The medical people have to find a way to diagnose CTE before death.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Every pass catcher the last three seasons who joins the Patriots gets worse and once they leave they get better. Yeah they probably should have kept Jakobi but Juju last season had a better year than any season Meyers had with the Patriots despite him being the #1 passing option and slot guy. Now Jakobi is on pace for a career year while Juju's on a 275 yards in 17 games pace.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Every pass catcher the last three seasons who joins the Patriots gets worse and once they leave they get better. Yeah they probably should have kept Jakobi but Juju last season had a better year than any season Meyers had with the Patriots despite him being the #1 passing option and slot guy. Now Jakobi is on pace for a career year while Juju's on a 275 yards in 17 games pace.
Juju also wasn't a #1. He always does better behind another player. But the issue is that knee that we've been hearing about. He doesn't have any separating speed anymore no bursts. And he dropped catachable balls.

The word is that knee is about to explode. Bill knew this and still signed him. He couldn't do anything in training camp for a reason.

It's sad

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
JuJu did benefit last year from being with Mahomes so that should have been accounted for. As well as the documented injury concerns. Just an inexplicable signing.
It's mindblowing. Who did the scouting for this? Nobody can press Bill on it either. It's just...makes no f***ing sense. None.

And now he has an alleged concussion on top of bad knees.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I despise the Packers.
Why? Are you still salty about Super Bowl XXXI? That was almost 30 years ago..

You should definitely put a Pats away game at Lambeau on your bucket list. You’ll have a great experience. Especially before the game, crashing random tailgate parties. You’ll eat and drink for free..

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Juju also wasn't a #1. He always does better behind another player. But the issue is that knee that we've been hearing about. He doesn't have any separating speed anymore no bursts. And he dropped catachable balls.

The word is that knee is about to explode. Bill knew this and still signed him. He couldn't do anything in training camp for a reason.

It's sad
Why would the Pats sign Ju Ju if he had a knee issue? All pro contracts have a clause " pending pass of physical examination". If Ju Ju is not fit to play due to his knee about to explode, why is he still playing? I get it that we are all upset the JM is having a much better season that Ju Ju but you cannot blame JJ for not getting passes. Let's get the root cause fixed, which is that Mac has ZERO time to read the play and make a decent pass. This is caused by a way below average O'line, which is one of the areas we need to significantly improve and it won't happen this year.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why would the Pats sign Ju Ju if he had a knee issue? All pro contracts have a clause " pending pass of physical examination". If Ju Ju is not fit to play due to his knee about to explode, why is he still playing? I get it that we are all upset the JM is having a much better season that Ju Ju but you cannot blame JJ for not getting passes. Let's get the root cause fixed, which is that Mac has ZERO time to read the play and make a decent pass. This is caused by a way below average O'line, which is one of the areas we need to significantly improve and it won't happen this year.
You're absolutely right.

But the chatter from scouts and people who follow the team have said since the signing that the knee could be an issue. He didnt practice in training camp. He has no explosiveness. It's very evident there's issues there. And when the ball is thrown to him, he's had a few crucial drops or he just doesn't have that burst speed.

To sign him over Jakobi was an absolute mistake. And that's on Bill.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

doubt any number 1 is chomping at the bit to have their stats take a plunge with Mac attempting to throw them the ball. Flowers was a miss bc no #1 is signing here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad