Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season - 1-4: Week 6 @ Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The shitty thing about tanking, is what about the paying customers who are actually going to the games in person? I’m going to the game on the 22nd, and I want them to f***ing win. I bought the tickets back in August, expecting that not only would they be performing better, they would try to win.

We watch these games with the expectation that both teams are trying to win and that the outcome isn’t predetermined. This isn’t wrestling.

Most of us Bruins fans shit on the Penguins for tanking. Tanking is dishonest and dishonorable and an insult to the fans of both teams expecting honesty and integrity.

They should be trying to win, and draft COMPETENTLY for a change.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Never thought it would come to this. Never thought it could. Never thought the Patriots would become an unfunny punchline as long as Bill Belichick was their coach.
It’s stunning that it has come to this. But the unfathomable has become the reality. The Patriots stink. They’re 1-4 after Sunday’s humiliating 34-0 loss to the New Orleans Saints, which follows last Sunday’s humiliating 38-3 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, which follows their only win and perhaps their only win for a while, a 15-10 defeat of the New York Jets in which they had to survive a Zach Wilson Hail Mary attempt to eke out the victory.

They are off to their worst start since 2000, Belichick’s first season, when he had to clean up a mess of a roster. Now the mess of a roster is his creation, and there’s no fix in sight. Mac Jones, their third-year quarterback who once had some promise, has turned into Tony Eason lowlight reel. The line is a sieve, the receivers can’t get open, and the rare inspired play call is executed poorly.

The Patriots were shut out at home for the first time since September 1969, eight years before Tom Brady was born. It never happened during Rod Rust’s 1-15 season in 1990, when the Patriots were outscored by 265 points. It never happened during Dick McPherson’s 2-14 season in 1992, when some kid named Scott Zolak led them to back-to-back wins after an 0-9 start.

The Patriots have 11 turnovers in their last nine quarters. They have not scored a touchdown in the third quarter all season. Their last offensive touchdown came when Pharaoh Brown caught the Jets napping and went 58 yards on a catch-and-run in the first minute of the second quarter of their Week 3 matchup. They have given up 69 unanswered points.

There are no fixes in sight. Jones (12 for 22, 110 yards, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble) is shattered, bruised, and mopey. Bailey Zappe, who went unclaimed on waivers at the end of training camp, looks like the best option right now, if only because he’s better at running for his life. Rhamondre Stevenson (8 carries, 24 yards) has turned into 2008 Laurence Maroney for no explicable reason, considering that he was a tackle-breaking machine behind a mediocre line last year.

What else? The Patriots are usually behind before the television broadcasts finish showing the starting lineups. They constantly look unprepared. They begin their games with no spark and end them alone with their thoughts on the hopeless sideline. Belichick probably will survive the season. Should he? How can he, if Sundays keep going like this? How did it come to this?

The Patriots do not have a soft spot on their schedule. They are the soft spot for everyone else. The Saints hadn’t scored 20 points in any of their previous 10 games until dropping 34 on the Patriots. On the plus side, the Patriots don’t have to tank to get a couple of tickets for the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. They can just keep doing what they’re doing.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
The GM is the issue. The coach not going to ownership about the lack of effort by the GM is an issue. The owner allowing someone to run his business as he has going back to the 2018 draft is the issue. One of Bobbies boy has to take the silver spoon out of his mouth and then pull up his big boy pants. They Bill and Bob are the issue. Why no talent? Horrible FA signings ( other than Judon) and horrible trades during this period. Add in HORRIBLE drafting. Since 2018 thru 2021 they drafted 34 players. 8 are still with pats (only one was worthy of a second contract(Bentley) and one other is worthy(Duggar) the balance are either out of league or running second or third team on their new teams. The management team has put this franchise in a 3-5 year rebuild. So the quicker they blow torch the coaching ( all of them. See ya Mayo. See ya OB definitely see ya to all the Belicheck and their buddies. The quicker the next group can start a rebuild.
  • 2018 draft one player still in NFL out of 6 picks. 5 th round pick Bentley with Patriots.
  • 2019 draft 3 players still in NFL out of 10 picks. All 3 players are not on Patriots. 1 is active on roster and the other 2 are one practice squads.
  • 2020 draft, four players still in NFL ( with Pats) out of 10 picks. Balance of picks are not in NFL.
  • 2021 draft 3 out of 8 players still in NFL. One other on a practice squad. Balance are not in NFL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Meyers on my fantasy team but Glorydaze my week matchup already so far ahead

Any doubt Jimmy Garopollo, Jakobi Myers, and Josh McDaniels don’t beat Patriots

The way Belichick is going a Myers TD will win it likely after a Ju Ju fumble

Reactions: The National

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Oh my God the people who went out of their way to twist themselves into a pretzel and tell us JuJu was an upgrade on Jakobi Meyers. Just a colossal blunder by Bill.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Mmmm... I might be mis-remembering from last summer but I seem to remember it being a surprising retirement.
they gave him an extension but his hip never really came close to getting back to what he needed so he just opted to retire

Serious hip injury at that age is a nail on the coffin for RB

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Christian Watson is electric

Would’ve been nice! Strange at 29, Watson went at 34

I will never understand the Strange pick.

Imagine if we picked Watson and kept Jacobi.

Would of been better than what we have.

Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad