Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season II: Yamamoto to Dodgers As Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Give me

the Full Throttle is one guy Tom Werner. He’s a notoriously cheap bastard - and I’m confident full throttle meant we aren’t going to cheap not get Yamamoto- if he did he’s a dummy

The problem is there aren’t really any Full Throttle guys left unless you want to get into a bidding war and overpay by 50 to 100%.

That just screws you long term.

Desperation leads to bad decisions

Just own it.

Werner made his money producing two despicable people - Roseanne Barr & Bill Cosby. The guy is trash

Paying Montgomery who should be at ERods 4:80 like 7/170 is horrible

Then what ? When someone who is better comes along you are locked up for 6-7 years

Werner should shut the F up

They are 3-4 years logically away just admit it - and if people don’t want to go lower the prices
People will still go and prices will not be lowered

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

1703381653282.png

This team is trying to end me.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Paxton's fine as a 3 or 4 if you have enough support to absorb times when he's going to be on the IL or need a break.

But if he's your de facto #1 again, lmao.

Until they go into the season without getting a Montgomery or someone, I'll reserve my scorn

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like Teoscar in Fenway. That would spell the end of Turner but that seems like the right decision given Masa's inability to play outfield.

But again, I don't think this team is competitive with the current pitching staff.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Why? So he can break down and be terrible in the last half of the season again?

I like Teoscar in Fenway. That would spell the end of Turner but that seems like the right decision given Masa's inability to play outfield.

But again, I don't think this team is competitive with the current pitching staff.
Turner is a better hitter than Teoscar every day. They continue to bumble along.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Just out of curiosity who are the available players that people want?

I would like a couple of the following:

Shota Imanaga
Jordan Montgomery
Julio Urias (I know he's most likely going to prison and will never play baseball again. I'm spitballing.)
Blake Snell
Josh Hader
Mitch Garver
Ahmed Rosario
Isiah Kiner-Falefa
Matt Chapman
Joc Pederson
Cody Bellinger

and as a throwaway name, why not take a flyer on Trevor Bauer. Yes I am aware that Bauer is an asshole. The Red Sox don't get to pick and choose anymore and have the option to look a gift horse in the mouth anymore. Furthermore, Bauer's case has concluded and he's been found not guilty of all charges. As long as the team puts stipulations in the contract that mandates good behavior among other things, it's worth the gamble.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Urias is never playing in MLB again

Again it's a throw out name because the Red Sox don't get to pick and choose who they can get. If, and it's a massive IF, Urias does find a way back to the diamond they should consider offering him a contract.

Double goes for Trevor Bauer.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Just out of curiosity who are the available players that people want?

As I said before: I would have accepted both the contracts for E-Rod and Lugo as far as pitching is concerned. And Bauer would be good value as well.

In terms of offense, there is no quick fix. It will be close to impossible to sync the line-up in order to be capable offensively and defensively (and on the bases while we‘re at it).
I‘d honestly go the trading route there.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bauer has been exonerated of all criminal charges. I still think he's a dink and a distraction in the clubhouse but he should be clear to play in the bigs again and they could do worse.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Bauer has been exonerated of all criminal charges. I still think he's a dink and a distraction in the clubhouse but he should be clear to play in the bigs again and they could do worse.

He's no different to when Schilling, Lackey, or Price were in the clubhouse, although I will say he is a next level asshole compared to those guys. The Sox are no strangers to signing high priced headache players and they seem to correct their behavior when they're in Boston. Plus, he showed in NPB that he still has pitching talent despite being in a hitter's park in Yokohama Stadium.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad