Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Arbitration will make the decision for both sides if and when negotiations break down.

I don't know about Lauko. Sweeney structured that contract as a deterrent to getting claimed on the waiver wire. Seems like someone he is trying to protect.
Then someone is going

Marchand
DeBrusk
JVR
Frederic
Boqvist
Lucic
Lauko
Greer

All Left shot with positional flexibility and who knows about Beecher & Merkulov

Doesn’t add up

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m one of his biggest fans but I agree with both of your points.
Not everyone thinks he sucks

I’ll go 20%

80% realize he’s a very good third liner who’s an excellent PK and can play up if he has to

I want 37 & 46 taking all o zone starts

Problem getting 75% D zone draws you are 150 feet away from opponent goal, you don’t even have control and average shift being 45 seconds by time you get down there how much in the tank

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Then someone is going

Marchand
DeBrusk
JVR
Frederic
Boqvist
Lucic
Lauko
Greer

All Left shot with positional flexibility and who knows about Beecher & Merkulov

Doesn’t add up
Yeah that's what's got me thinking they'll let him go in trade for a pick or something. Off that list they're not dealing the guys they just signed. Lauko/Greer don't free up any $ so it'd be Frederic or DeBrusk. Maybe there's something on the table for DeBrusk but Frederic seems like an easier move for them unfortunately IMO. But what the hell do I know?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Think they might have a deal in their back pocket when/if negotiating with Frederic breaks down.

Think they might have a deal in their back pocket when/if negotiating with Frederic breaks down.
I tend to think not, as the other team isn't going to sit around and wait forever and may change their mind by the time Frederic's hearing happens. It's possible, but a deal like that is tenuous for either team.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that's what's got me thinking they'll let him go in trade for a pick or something. Off that list they're not dealing the guys they just signed. Lauko/Greer don't free up any $ so it'd be Frederic or DeBrusk. Maybe there's something on the table for DeBrusk but Frederic seems like an easier move for them unfortunately IMO. But what the hell do I know?
DeBrusk is a 3 time 25+ goal scorer by 26 years old who can play both wings and both special teams

I am Sweens I try and sign him long term

Between DeBrusk & Pastrnak you have 50% of your top 6 wingers covered

Something up though if Bergeron back

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Be curious what happens with Trent. But can’t see them move Jake unless they are sure he does not want to be here long term
The question that needs to be asked with DeBrusk is . Does he want to remain in Boston long term. He has strong ties with western Canada , not only family ,but his girlfriend as well

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Unfortunately, Debrusk is one the few RWs the Bruins have.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
@Gee Wally. Just wanted to respond to your question from the last thread. I had posted about Bergy maybe taking the year off and coming back fresh in a years time.

As to your question. I thought I had read that Bergeron needed/had surgery that would keep him out until December at least. Is that not correct? My post was based on that understanding that maybe instead of coming back he just take the year and rest to heal his war wounds and come back in Marchands last season when we can put some hopefully bigger pieces in place

The Bergeron getting surgery thing was a tweet from somebody nobody recognized and I think has been widely ignored because we would have heard by now from someone with a little more clout to back their claim.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not only that Sweeney gave an emphatic during DC week he was good, no health limitations
Yea sorry I looked into it further and don’t see anything. Just confirmation he didn’t need anything for the herniated disk in his back. Sorry I don’t know why I was so sure of that

The Bergeron getting surgery thing was a tweet from somebody nobody recognized and I think has been widely ignored because we would have heard by now from someone with a little more clout to back their claim.
That’s probably all it was. I thought I had read something about it. Hadn’t followed too closely at that time but it stuck in my head.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The question that needs to be asked with DeBrusk is . Does he want to remain in Boston long term. He has strong ties with western Canada , not only family ,but his girlfriend as well

Lots of players have family and friends and girlfriends in Canada. Not uncommon.

If he wants to be here long term, he should be signed going forward as part of our core.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The team...
March - Bergy - DeBrusk
JVR - Zacha - Pastrnak
Boqvist - Coyle - Geekie
Lucic - Brown - Lauko
X: Greer

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Shattenkirk
X: Zboril - Mitchell

The kids...
Merkulov/Lysell compete for a top6 spot, and Beecher/McLaughlin/Steen compete for a 4th line spot.
Lohrei competing with Gryz for a spot in the top4? Walsh and Regula competing with Mitchell and Shattenkirk for playing time.

Potential Trades...
Single: Frederic for a pick? Sweeney said he wants to claw back some draft picks.

Homerun: Frederic and Lohrei for Hanifin? That would make Grzelcyk expendable in a separate deal for a pick. Hate to give up Lohrei but if they have Hanifin and Lindholm that's the left side on lock for years.
I would not make that deal .....reason what is Hanifin going to cost you with his next contract , If Lohrei is a player why does a cap strapped team want to take on a bigger contract when this kid can be cost effective for a few years . I am not against moving Frederics although I am not of the thinking that he should actively be shopped , Freddys, game showed some growth last year and hopefully going forward that trends continues , the Bruins brought him along during the growing years why just move him to another team to benefit from his growth . As for Gryz , in my opinion there are one of a possible three reasons he has not already been traded #1 contract - #2 no team sees him as a fit and #3 Sweeney does not want to move him.........just my uneducated thoughts.......

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Honestly, straight up that needs to be decided now (or at very least not at deadline)

I really don't want to go into another "own" rental situation once again.

While Sweeney has done well putting together strong teams, he's done very little at stocking up on any sort of futures. I understand that's the cost of being a contender, but even contending teams sell players that aren't part of the future.

If Debrusk isn't going to re-sign or his number isn't where the Bruins want it to be, he cannot walk for nothing. The Bruins have simply used too many futures, and need to recoup assets in some sort of way.

Ideal situation he re-signs, but until he does, I consider it fair game to discuss options.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Honestly, straight up that needs to be decided now (or at very least not at deadline)

I really don't want to go into another "own" rental situation once again.

While Sweeney has done well putting together strong teams, he's done very little at stocking up on any sort of futures. I understand that's the cost of being a contender, but even contending teams sell players that aren't part of the future.

If Debrusk isn't going to re-sign or his number isn't where the Bruins want it to be, he cannot walk for nothing. The Bruins have simply used too many futures, and need to recoup assets in some sort of way.

Ideal situation he re-signs, but until he does, I consider it fair game to discuss options.
Debrusk is in the only position where the players have power. One year to go. Can decide if he wants to reup, and if he doesn’t or the numbers are way off, he can dictate where he’d re-sign. Players are smart to use that to their advantage, like Tkachuk, DuBois, Debruncat et al have recently. RFA or UFA doesn’t matter much in these situations with younger players.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The team...
March - Bergy - DeBrusk
JVR - Zacha - Pastrnak
Boqvist - Coyle - Geekie
Lucic - Brown - Lauko
X: Greer

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Shattenkirk
X: Zboril - Mitchell

The kids...
Merkulov/Lysell compete for a top6 spot, and Beecher/McLaughlin/Steen compete for a 4th line spot.
Lohrei competing with Gryz for a spot in the top4? Walsh and Regula competing with Mitchell and Shattenkirk for playing time.

Potential Trades...
Single: Frederic for a pick? Sweeney said he wants to claw back some draft picks.

Homerun: Frederic and Lohrei for Hanifin? That would make Grzelcyk expendable in a separate deal for a pick. Hate to give up Lohrei but if they have Hanifin and Lindholm that's the left side on lock for years.

JvR on the second line and Brown on the 4th feel are my nightmares.

Trading Frederic/Forbort/Gryz are all fine options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad