Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I've found over the last couple years that the games don't have the same effect on me that they used to, and I'm pretty happy about that. I still get super into them as they're happening, but if a bad loss happens about 5-10 minutes later I'm like eh whatever and move on.

Same thing with the off-season, I'm intrigued by what they're going to do, and still check this site way more often than I probably should, but I'm not gonna freak out about what they do.

Not saying that other people shouldn't or are wrong to, to each their own. I'm just ok with not letting it affect me as much as it used to.
Great stuff ! As I’ve gotten older I have also found the ability to improve my emotional skill set significantly: the boss gives me a hard time ( ah , no big deal) , a woman I like isn’t interested ( just forget about her ) but still have a problem shaking off Bruins losses . Hopefully, I can get there some day .

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
While I agree with what you said, I bet if Calgary had a similar offer for Lindholm as Dubois got Winnipeg, then they would have already made the deal.

I think if the bruins trade Ullmark they should get a return of 1st, mid level prospect, 3rd. That’s what Darcy kuemper pulled. If you want to make a case for slightly more or less then that’s certainly within the realm of discussion.

But hypothetically say that’s the return. What do the bruins have to add to that to pull Lindholm?

Can bruins move Ullmark and gryz then flip that return for Elias Lindholm? If so they should jump on that immediately
That would be ideal and with a lack of assets to give back I would even entertain taking on Markstrom…he was just awful last year (so was the entire team) but the 7 years prior he’s at a save percentage of .913. Ullmarks career is .919 so there is bounce back potential.

He still has 6 x 3 left on his deal which might be a problem down the road but you may be able to lessen the cost of Lindholm and you finally get your 1C

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
...and we may make the playoffs this next season.
I was a fan in those years. The Sinden teams were built on kids not getting paid and old vets on the cheap(for the most part) as duct tape to get the team into playoff revenue. The Sinden treadmill was horrible. We were not going for a cup any year, it was all about business.

Sweeney will not do that. But it will take a year or two of the Sinden method to get Jacobs his revenue and butts in small seats to pay the bills while we can reposition the team for the next generation.

I saw a lot of vets in B's uni's that were never what they were, and the revolving door of goaltenders and kids. This roster looks familiar to me.

The discussion was about rebuilds. They take a long time.

The Bruins don't do rebuilds. They won't do one now.

As for Sinden, he wasn't even the GM after Bourque was traded.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yes

This website barely works and is dense with invasive ads and prohibitively unintuitive user functions, so I'm sorry that I quoted this 3 times and also cannot remove them from my post.

Anyway, yes, they are better with Patrice Bergeron on the team.
Not if he has a bad back , and I don't want to place my bets on a herniated disc healing over the summer ................great player , and just don't want to watch him struggle through a season that he is not Patrice Bergeron and I know he is older but that is fine I just don't want to see a great player so many stay to long.........

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Lot of non qualified young players out there (at least according to Cap Friendly) we could maybe take a flyer on to fill out the roster if they signed a prove it deal.

Jesper Boqvist, Max Comtois, Noah Gregor, Mason Shaw, Jesse Puljujarvi, Caleb Jones, Colin White, Julien Gauthier.

I'm surprised Sweeney hasn't already signed White, he's a local kid that went to BC. LOL

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Fwiw, I believe in Ullmark too, but trading him isn’t about not believing in him. It’s about moving enough money to afford a #1C. Ullmark is one of the few large contracts left and it’s at a position of depth with Sway and Bussi.

Does a team go further in the playoffs with Ullmark in net and Coyle as 1C, or Sway in net and Lindholm as 1c? Those two teams cost the same cap-wise.

I think it’s brutal that trading ulmark just means we can sign the guys we still have to sign and not retain a player like bertuzzi or orlov. This team is not going to be good enough next year. Krejci out, bertuzzi out, orlov out, bergeron out?, looch and jvr in..yikes

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lot of non qualified young players out there (at least according to Cap Friendly) we could maybe take a flyer on to fill out the roster if they signed a prove it deal.

Jesper Boqvist, Max Comtois, Noah Gregor, Mason Shaw, Jesse Puljujarvi, Caleb Jones, Colin White, Julien Gauthier.

I'm surprised Sweeney hasn't already signed White, he's a local kid that went to BC. LOL

Excellent point.

He must have read BC as British Columbia and scratched him off the list.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Yup since 1967 the Bruins have missed the playoffs just 6 times and 3 of those times they missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker

They will never do a complete tank job as long as the jacobs are in charged

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
They’ll definitely be more signings, probably on the cusp players with two way deals seems Providence lost a good chunk of players they need to back fill

Reactions: Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

I've seen a proper rebuild in Boston once. Got Thornton and Samsonov to build around in one draft. Then ended up trading one then later the other.

Other than that, I agree with you. The Bruins have not done rebuilds(tear it down and rebuild via draft picks). I think that is the owner handing it down to Sinden and he enacting it. I have no reason to believe it will be anything different under Don. However, I have more hope for Sweeney building both for now and later than I ever did Harry.

Reactions: ylekot and Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1688397117289.png

1688397140323.png

If you think Mike O'Connell did not have strings on him being pulled from above, I dont know what to tell you. I also think Harry has had Jacobs ear for a loooong time. Jeremy trusts Sinden and still gets his opinion from what I've read here from people in the know.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think it’s brutal that trading ulmark just means we can sign the guys we still have to sign and not retain a player like bertuzzi or orlov. This team is not going to be good enough next year. Krejci out, bertuzzi out, orlov out, bergeron out?, looch and jvr in..yikes
We all love Luccic and it would be less of a problem if some of these other signings were not made , I mean JVR come on man............with that I agree Ullmark is not being moved for his talent but hopefully to build this roster
with that said why do I get this gut feeling the Bruins and Blues are going to do something . I know Berube is not excited about Binnington and they have always liked Frederics.........I am not proposing a trade here but two players that interest me are Toropochenko (good luck with that spelling ) and Vrana and I know he has issues but young skilled not pricey , might be worth a look see......
I have always been against this player but this roster needs help ,and he would help the power play Erik Karlson , now I know another team would have to be involved but at the right price could he help ? I also realize contracts need to be moved but maybe the Blues could be that team . Ullmark, Frederics, Lysell , Forbort , Gryz and anyone that could make it happen too get this roster more playoff ready........I know ,I know I will be pulled apart for this , but damm I am frustrated with off season ........have at me......

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
View attachment 725698

View attachment 725699

If you think Mike O'Connell did not have strings on him being pulled from above, I dont know what to tell you. I also think Harry has had Jacobs ear for a loooong time. Jeremy trusts Sinden and still gets his opinion from what I've read here from people in the know.

Right.

Harry traded Bourque in March, then OC took over in November.

I'm sure O'Connell heard Sinden's advice. That would only make sense.

Not sure why Sinden got dragged into this thread, though. (actually, I do know)

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Pretty sure the Selke trophy winner will be missed don’t you think if he’s healthy that isI'm not saying he won't be misded

Pretty sure the Selke trophy winner will be missed don’t you thi/nk if he’s healthy that is.
I'm not saying he won't be missed , largely from a leadership/defensive standpoint but will it have that big of an impact on the final outcome/standings.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
They can always add on deadline after seeing who they might face.
As long as it's not on rentals. We all saw how that worked out.

Are the Bruins planning on extending DeBrusk? DeBrusk's name has been mentioned very little this offseason.
Absolutely should be re-signed or if he's not in the plans must be traded. No more "own rentals" situations, the team honestly needs to recoup something if he's not going to be re-signed.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don’t disagree that it’s a crappy position to be in, but it’s the $5m we carried over from last year. We were all happy to push that money onto this year and now we’re all butt hurt that the bill has come due.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Comtois skating around being a shit with Lucic on his line would be funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad