Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
They did exactly what I expected them to do today.

They weren’t going to be players in the high end pieces. They filled out the roster with inexpensive players and they did so without effecting next years cap.

No one wants to hear it right now, I get that, but they’ve set themselves up to be players in next year’s free agent market.

I’ll enjoy watching Lucic again even though he obviously isn’t what he was. I will enjoy watching guys like Merkulov, Lauko, and potentially others get an opportunity.

I also think the Geekie signing is quietly one of the better moves today across the league.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
There has to be a trade out there for a top 6 FW, right? Is Tarasenko a fit as a FA? (even tho he is RW)? Legit question. I know Scheifele gets pooped on here, but I’d like a shot at him or Elias Lindholm. Problem is, u prob need to trade Sway, and I’d rather give Ullmark. Do any of you see a viable path to a top 6 from here? Again, legit question. Praying for 37 or 46 doesn’t count.

We went all in and lost the hand it happens get over it christ
Simple but 100% truth

Reactions: Gordoff

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I can’t believe we’re out of the mix for Bertuzzi, and all of Gryz Ulmark Forbort Coyle are still Bruins.

I would have thought getting rid of hall was to clear cap for a bigger signing or to retain Bert but it was just to sign 5 guys to $1 million contracts.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
I can’t believe we’re out of the mix for Bertuzzi, and all of Gryz Ulmark Forbort Coyle are still Bruins.

I would have thought getting rid of hall was to clear cap for a bigger signing or to retain Bert but it was just to sign 5 guys to $1 million contracts.
I thought they were signing those guys to free up money for a FW, that is why I’m confused. Those signings are great to drive available $$$ up. I just feel like there is a way to acquire a solid FW still. Surprised they are 100% out on Bert. Bummed about that really enjoy his game.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
All in all, I don’t hate what they did today.

After this season a step back was always going to be in the cards, win or lose.

Now don’t f*** it up tomorrow with an anchor that will hang around for the next 5 years.

Reactions: CDJ and Oates2Neely

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
As of today

Marchand-XXX-DeBrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
XXX-Coyle-XXX
Lucic-Geekie-XXX

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk

Guessing that Lauko resigns and slots into 3LW or RW. The two remaining spots on 4RW and 3W will likely be kids? I don't think we move a D anymore because we'd look extremely thin.

So my guess is trade of Freddy
Resign Sway and Lauko

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
All in all, I don’t hate what they did today.

After this season a step back was always going to be in the cards, win or lose.

Now don’t f*** it up tomorrow with an anchor that will hang around for the next 5 years.
I took a look around the league updated rosters. The Bruins don’t look so bad in comparison tbh. If* Bergeron returns, there’s no reason they can’t win the division and be a top seed. I’d also be looking for McAvoy to take a big leap forward, it’s time he starts to dominate like he’s capable of.

Coaching, physicality, bit of luck health wise, and they can compete with any team.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019

Agreed here. I don't hate the signings at all, just confused as to why we traded away a former Hart trophy winner for absolutely nothing.

I didn't want bertuzzi signed but I did not want Hall gone at all.

Was looking forward to a

Hall Zacha Pasta line.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
As of today

Marchand-XXX-DeBrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
XXX-Coyle-XXX
Lucic-Geekie-XXX

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk

Guessing that Lauko resigns and slots into 3LW or RW. The two remaining spots on 4RW and 3W will likely be kids? I don't think we move a D anymore because we'd look extremely thin.

So my guess is trade of Freddy
Resign Sway and Lauko

I wonder if Merkulov or Lysell can show enough growth to bump JVR down to 3rd.

Lysell likely needs more time but I don’t think JVR is going to give us the production we need from a second line winger IMO

Also we really really need Bergeron back if we can’t secure a high end center—which with our cap situation idk that we can

Reactions: HustleB

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I took a look around the league updated rosters. The Bruins don’t look so bad in comparison tbh. If* Bergeron returns, there’s no reason they can’t win the division and be a top seed. I’d also be looking for McAvoy to take a big leap forward, it’s time he starts to dominate like he’s capable of.

Coaching, physicality, bit of luck health wise, and they can compete with any team.

I agree, with Bergeron back they are a top tier team.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

I don't think Bergeron is back unfortunately, but even without him I think this roster at least gets a wildcard. It's essentially the exact same defense and goaltending tandem that had at 100 points faster then any team in NHL history. That alone will get them a wildcard.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wonder if Merkulov or Lysell can show enough growth to bump JVR down to 3rd.

Lysell likely needs more time but I don’t think JVR is going to give us the production we need from a second line winger IMO

Also we really really need Bergeron back if we can’t secure a high end center—which with our cap situation idk that we can

I found it interesting that Sweeney specifically called out the idea of Geekie and Lysell having complimentary skill sets. Sounds to me like the team thinks Lysell has a shot. Who knows how big of one.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I don't think Bergeron is back unfortunately, but even without him I think this roster at least gets a wildcard. It's essentially the exact same defense and goaltending tandem that had at 100 points faster than any team in NHL history. That alone will get them a wildcard.
I just don’t see a Zacha-Coyle duo getting it done. They aren’t replacing the production lost in Bergeron/ Krejci. Coyle has shown us he’s not a #2 center.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Only day 1 of the off-season, hopefully the door isn't completely closed on Bert's end (I will continue to hold on!!)

I would love for them to find a way to get Lindholm and/or Hanifin. Lindholm being a Bergeron lite and a top 4 of McAvoy-Hanifin-Lindy-Carlo with our goalie tandem would be hard to beat regardless of who our centermen are

• Love
Reactions: Ratty and wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Zacha Geekie Pasta
Marchand Coyle Debrusk
Merkulov Frederic Lauko
Lucic Beecher JVR
Richard Brown Steen

Grz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Shattenkirk
Zboril Mitchell

Ullmak
Swayman

- Geekie is no Bertuzzi. But similar to Bertuzzi, parks his body in front of the net/around the net. Good at faceoffs. Responsible 2 way game. Good size at 6'2

- JVR is not as durable as before. So limited 4th line/PP is ideal

Last edited:

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Only day 1 of the off-season, hopefully the door isn't completely closed on Bert's end (I will continue to hold on!!)

I would love for them to find a way to get Lindholm and/or Hanifin. Lindholm being a Bergeron lite and a top 4 of McAvoy-Hanifin-Lindy-Carlo with our goalie tandem would be hard to beat regardless of who our centermen are

If the goal is to get an LD, i’d take a hard look at Sanheim. I think he could be special on the right roster, and obviously has a lot of size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad