Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Big money in data and they have known for along time the data was sourced and parsed and sold.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Musk is an ID based man child but there is a core issue to workout here. If the AIs are going to scrape all the content and make it so you don’t have to go to the sites and look at ads to get the content; how does the internet as we know it survive? And why shouldn’t sites then be able to charge for their precious data? Of course for a site like Twitter it’s actually OUR data, but we don’t get a say in it.

Edit: ok back to pucks and sticks

Reactions: Alicat

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Happy with Looch and Geekie. The rest is fodder to fill out roster with cheap short deals. Hated to see Hall go and no Bertuzzi but glad Donnie went all in last year. Goalies will keep us competitive and even with sways bump in pay still will be in ballpark for NHL tandem. Like keeping Freddy with a bigger roll. Would like to see gryz and Forbort moved but guessing the trade market sucks. Shocked Bert still out there..he must be too.
I think the fact that Bert is still out there tells you he’s chasing term, high dollars or both. More than teams are willing to pay. I feel like he’ll give us a chance to match but I think he’s done in Boston

Can’t say I agree with this in any way

Reactions: ylekot

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trade Hall for a bunch of nothing and signed a lot of shit what a plan Don
The Hall trade could haunt Sweeney like the 2015 draft .............Maybe that is why he did it so everyone forget 2015...........Sweeneys job is safe because he just signed a new contract last year , and we all Jeremey is not going to eat that contract.....

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Can Sweeney get some idea what these pending UFA‘s are looking for before giving up the future for them.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
After seeing the deals signed today, Id like to say I’m baffled that people are still calling for Gryz to be moved.

But I know this place too well :laugh:

IMO, it’s a lot easier (from a bruins prospective) to replace a bottom pairing guy (Forbort) than a guy who can hang in the top 4 and gels well with your top d man (Gryz). Now market value is a different story..

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Zacha Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron DeBrusk
Hall Coyle Frederic
Foligno Nosek Smith

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Clifton

That was a record paced team at the TDL and fastest to 100 points ever.

You are replacing Foligno, Nosek and Smith with Lucic, Geekie and McLaughlin.

You are replacing Clifton with Shattenkirk.

So far, so good, honestly. Hard to argue they got worse with those moves.

You are replacing Hall with JVR. A downgrade for sure, but a maybe a better fit. JVR is essentially a poor man’s Bertuzzi: good hands around the net and big enough to shield the puck around the net, but pretty mediocre on the rest of the ice.

Krejci for Lauko…well can’t put any good spin on that. But if Bergeron is back…this is still a VERY good team. Less offensive depth, but some more size in the bottom six. The D is basically the same. Clifton for Shatty shouldn’t matter much at 5 on 5 and there is PP upside. The G are obviously the same.

If Bergeron doesn’t come back it’s dicier. Still a top 5 goals allowed team but hard to see how they score enough. You essentially become the Islanders.

But, they will have a LOT of cash next summer and by then Lysell and Lorhei should be ready play or be trade assets. I would have loved to see them flip Ullmark now and make some hay, but if people were not going to pay up, wait until next year when more teams will have cash.

Still wonder what is gonna happen with Gryz and wonder if there could be something that could happen with Calgary.

Reactions: Alan Ryan and TCB

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
So as it stands right now, how's this lineup look?

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
JVR-Coyle-DeBrusk
Lucic-Frederic-Lauko
Greer-Geekie-Brown
Richardson

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Zboril-Regula/Mitchell

Ullmark
Swayman

It'll compete for sure. Adding Bergeron into the mix would make it look a lot better.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
We are so used to dominating that fans can't handle a "weaker" roster . Imagine how half the league feels with their roster on a yearly basis . This place would burn down if we were the Coyotes

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Zacha Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron DeBrusk
Hall Coyle Frederic
Foligno Nosek Smith

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Clifton

That was a record paced team at the TDL and fastest to 100 points ever.

You are replacing Foligno, Nosek and Smith with Lucic, Geekie and McLaughlin.

You are replacing Clifton with Shattenkirk.

So far, so good, honestly. Hard to argue they got worse with those moves.

You are replacing Hall with JVR. A downgrade for sure, but a maybe a better fit. JVR is essentially a poor man’s Bertuzzi: good hands around the net and big enough to shield the puck around the net, but pretty mediocre on the rest of the ice.

Krejci for Lauko…well can’t put any good spin on that. But if Bergeron is back…this is still a VERY good team. Less offensive depth, but some more size in the bottom six. The D is basically the same. Clifton for Shatty shouldn’t matter much at 5 on 5 and there is PP upside. The G are obviously the same.

If Bergeron doesn’t come back it’s dicier. Still a top 5 goals allowed team but hard to see how they score enough. You essentially become the Islanders.

But, they will have a LOT of cash next summer and by then Lysell and Lorhei should be ready play or be trade assets. I would have loved to see them flip Ullmark now and make some hay, but if people were not going to pay up, wait until next year when more teams will have cash.

Still wonder what is gonna happen with Gryz and wonder if there could be something that could happen with Calgary.
Clifton is in Buffalo

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Slowest team in the league by a wide margin.
So as it stands right now, how's this lineup look?

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
JVR-Coyle-DeBrusk
Lucic-Frederic-Lauko
Greer-Geekie-Brown
Richardson

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Zboril-Regula/Mitchell

Ullmark
Swayman

It'll compete for sure. Adding Bergeron into the mix would make it look a lot better.
yikes

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad