Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Worse case scenerio/cheap signing. G6 UfA??

Perhaps Alex True or Matthew Phillips can take the next step

True is a 6'5 forward. Signed by Sharks. Taken in the expansion draft by Kraken. Had a solid AHL season and better playoffs. Only 25 y/o

Phillips also 25... was one of the best AHL players/point producer/goal scorer. Had a whopping 15gwg. One of the highest total in recent AHL memory. Offensive dynamo. Fast skater. Competes from scouting report. The issue is.... he is only 5'7 and 150 pounds.

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler
Heinen-Coyle-Kessel
Kuraly-Accari-Frederic

The band is back together!
How long can we ask Bergy and Krejci to play for peanuts?

They deserve a break...

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If the B's could sign O'Reilly and Duchene on short term cheap deals, you have your two top 6 centers at least for the short term without giving up any assets.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Worse case scenerio/cheap signing. G6 UfA??

Perhaps Alex True or Matthew Phillips can take the next step

True is a 6'5 forward. Signed by Sharks. Taken in the expansion draft by Kraken. Had a solid AHL season and better playoffs. Only 25 y/o

Phillips also 25... was one of the best AHL players/point producer/goal scorer. Had a whopping 15gwg. One of the highest total in recent AHL memory. Offensive dynamo. Fast skater. Competes from scouting report. The issue is.... he is only 5'7 and 150 pounds.

How long can we ask Bergy and Krejci to play for peanuts?

They deserve a break...
My issue is I’m 5’8 and 215 pounds

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I listened to a good chunk of the coverage of Rounds 2-3 of the draft on NHL Network Radio and the commentary with regards to the Bruins was telling when they came up for their first pick.

Essentially, in a cap league, you’re going to have ups and downs. You’re going to have times when you push your chips into the center of the table, but then you’re going to pay the price for that down the line.

The Bruins are there.
The panel insinuated that the same issue is coming to haunt to Maple Leafs.

It’s all about making sure you WIN when you do swing for it. Interestingly, the talking heads (Canadian Media) felt like Boston made the most of its window and that their power play has been worth the crunch that they’re now under cap wise.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
I just want Grizz gone because I’m sick of hearing his name. I feel like Rod Serling should be narrating his timeline with the Bruins. It’s like parallel universes converged here on HF Boards. He’s either severely overrated or severely underrated. Or both at the same time. I can’t tell anymore.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My fav part of the Nick Ritchie era was being 6’2 245 and acting like I have the body of a professional athlete
Body of a champion

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad