Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
We had just under 5 mil of cap. We had Sway, Freddy and Lauko RFA's to re-up. Hypothetically we lose Bergy and DK. We move coyle up to play with marchand and Jake, and zacha centers pasta and Hall. Freddy centers Lauko. You need a 4th line center and a couple wings if you don't bring back nosek or Nick. D remains the same before trade deadline. I know coyle is not ideal 1c but just trying to figure out the point of moving Hall in this scenario
I think you're close, and I figure Merkulov in Hall's place? and maybe Mclaughlin get looks, and one guy gets acquired off the scrap heap.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Back at the TDL we had a "dream team" assembled, or so we thought.
Now, it's feeling like a nightmare.
It's time it seems to cut any/all deadweight and also consider trading
names that I don't want to name, and I'll bet Sweeney doesn't want to name.
If the Bruins aren't going to be relevant for several years, just barely making and missing the playoffs, then it's time to consider everything going forward. The next few days will be like a ride on a condemned roller coaster around here.
It’s what they should do but Jacobs will want to go for that 1st round playoff money

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Considering they traded their draft picks and their salary cap situation is rather precarious.
I'm not buying this idea that they have no options. They can sign their RFA's and ice a complete team right now and have ~$1.5m in cap space.

Move Ullmark, call up Bussi and you have $5m in cap space.
Move Gryz and you have almost $9m in cap space.

Those are not difficult moves to execute, even if you don't get great value back it's cap space to get a C or sign Bert. And there are more options beyond that. We just saw Hayes dealt for a pick. They can buyout or retain on a Forbort trade. They can make hockey trades...

This team can be improved. I'd argue, it has to be improved, because riding out the next couple seasons will be a complete waste of Pasta and McAvoy's prime.

Last edited:

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Bruins should be interested in Max Comtois. He has a little bit of a Zacha feel to him being in a similar age range and one of those guys that found success early in their career but has fizzled out. Could be a textbook change of scenery and not being qualified at 2+ million means he should be had pretty reasonably

He plays with some jam and good in front of the net.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Guys I'm gonna panic if Coyle and zacha are our main centers next season with monty at the helm.
Would one of these guys help ?
1687915971505.png

Reactions: The don godfather

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Bruins should be interested in Max Comtois. He has a little bit of a Zacha feel to him being in a similar age range and one of those guys that found success early in their career but has fizzled out. Could be a textbook change of scenery and not being qualified at 2+ million means he should be had pretty reasonably

He plays with some jam and good in front of the net.
I agree. He'd be a good low-risk / high-reward buy. Great pedigree.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm not buying this idea that they have no options. They can sign their RFA's and ice a complete team right now and have ~$1.5m in cap space.

Those are not difficult moves to execute, even if you don't get great value back it's cap space to get a C or sign Bert. And there are more options beyond that. We just saw Hayes dealt for a pick. They can buyout or retain on a Forbort trade. They can make hockey trades...

This team can be improved. I'd argue, it has to be improved, because riding out the next couple seasons will be a complete waste of Pasta and McAvoy's prime.
That last line is exactly why they won't rebuild. How are you going to sell a rebuild to these guys right after you just signed them to 8 years through their prime years. Add in Lindholm at 8 years and I just dont see how they dont try to improve.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm going to stick with trading Ullmark is stupid.
I’d love to keep both goalies. But we need to shed more cap and I don’t think we can improve the forwards enough without trading one. If I trade Swayman it would only be for a young cost controlled nhl ready center with future top 6 center expectations. If we trade Ullmark I think more options become available.

If you can get the needed cap space by dealing with Forbort/Reilly/Grezclyk then more power to you. I just don’t think both will be here. I think Ulmark is more likely to go.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Let’s assume they clear enough and sign Bert which they are rumored to be working on. Does a team relying on wings to drive the offense do the job? Maybe Zacha has a bit more to offer, but Coyle is what he is, and then you drop into the great unknown of Freddie at full time center, or McLaughlin, or Merkulov. I don’t know, maybe it works.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
That’s not a surprise, they really should hire you to be Sweeney’s hype man at press conferences.
Well I ain't panicking yet too early . Have faith in the donny maestro. I bet he surprises us. Book it.

Let’s assume they clear enough and sign Bert which they are rumored to be working on. Does a team relying on wings to drive the offense do the job? Maybe Zacha has a bit more to offer, but Coyle is what he is, and then you drop into the great unknown of Freddie at full time center, or McLaughlin, or Merkulov. I don’t know, maybe it works.
I think they sign bertuzzi and either make a blockbuster with flames land lindholm and hanifin or they get mark scheifele . I think that's where this is all going. Its early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland