Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
We should target Jonathan Drouin as a UFA, give him a 1M " show me" contract. He has a ton of skill, just hasn't put it altogether yet.
Domi would be a nice pickup as well. He played really well for the Stars in the playoffs. Would he sign for somewhere around 3M?
If Bergy comes back at the same deal as last year, you can move Zacha back to the wing.

Marchand Bergy JDB
Zacha Domi Pasta
Frederic Coyle ??
Lauko Drouin Greer
That is what I do not want to do , I want Zacha in the middle , he is your future time too find out.........

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Just a gut feel. Is Scheifele incoming? He's 6'3" 200. Scored 42 goals last year. What is weird is the 26 assists as a Center? He has played 723 games. Put up 645 points during his time in the league. Would he thrive in the Bruins culture? Can certainly play with Marchand. He's 30 years old.

Ullmark, Gryz and Reilly out. Give Swayman the keys. Play Bergeron on the 3rd line.
You are Linus Ullmark, you can decide where you want to play. What about Winnipeg would make you waive your NTC for them? The cold? The scenic plains of.....nothing? The NHL version of Providence, RI as a city? The close knit locker room of disfunction? The irrelevance of the team in terms of playoff success(he has that on Boston)?
I am pretty confident in saying he would not go to Winnipeg.

Sadly because Sweeney gives out NMC/NTC clauses like candy we are also stuck with Charlie Coyle. I also expect Grzelcyk to survive this season here, not get moved and Sweeney's final move will be a five year contract at 5m a year with full NMC for Grizz on his way out the door.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
The time for a rebuild is now. I felt this way when their season came to a close back in May, and I still feel the same way now.

The window and core we’ve grown found of over the last ~15 years has run its course. There’s limited cap space, and the prospect cupboard is bare. The best they can hope for next year is mediocrity.

Time to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
The time for a rebuild is now. I felt this way when their season came to a close back in May, and I still feel the same way now.

The window and core we’ve grown found of over the last ~15 years has run its course. There’s limited cap space, and the prospect cupboard is bare. The best they can hope for next year is mediocrity.

Time to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done.
I'm pretty sure a lot of us said this last offseason...

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think we all knew a reckoning was coming but it was all in the hypothetical realm and in the future until a move occurred and reality set in with the teardown starting. Combine that with reports simultaneously coming out about how Bergy is probably retiring and it went from "well they could bring back Bergy on a deferred bonus contract, move Hall and Gryz out for picks and bring back Bertuzzi and probably compete next year), but shipping out Hall, getting literally nothing back, probably losing Bergy and Krejci, still needing to make some moves to clear space (and free agent top 6ers aren't lining up to play with Charlie Coyle), going full doomer is fair.

We'll see.

Wasn't much optimism last year at this time either.

Reactions: Gordoff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I know not everyone here pays attention to the details of the salary cap, but everyone should take a hard look at this.

Everything points to the fact that even if they buyout/trade two of Reilly/Forbort/Grzelcyk, they can't make any interesting additions in free agency or the trade market. Another decently sized contract (say $4M+) probably has to go to make anything other than very barebones additions a reality.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I know not everyone here pays attention to the details of the salary cap, but everyone should take a hard look at this.

Everything points to the fact that even if they buyout/trade two of Reilly/Forbort/Grzelcyk, they can't make any interesting additions in free agency or the trade market. Another decently sized contract (say $4M+) probably has to go to make anything other than very barebones additions a reality.
Agreed.

The narrative yesterday was Hall out = keep Bertuzzi.

Not that simple.

They’re in a bad way.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If we have a cheaper 3C it makes it easier to afford a 1C

Coyle isn't a 1 or a 2C IMO--not enough offensive impact, especially as it relates to enabling wingers.
He did damn well in the playoffs playing up the lineup. They're probably going to get priced out of Nosek too. We have no other real centers except Zacha. He goes nowhere.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm his biggest fan probably and it was super ugly last season.
0693A86A-E298-4158-A105-614DFEA496E2.gif

Reactions: LouJersey

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
You are Linus Ullmark, you can decide where you want to play. What about Winnipeg would make you waive your NTC for them? The cold? The scenic plains of.....nothing? The NHL version of Providence, RI as a city? The close knit locker room of disfunction? The irrelevance of the team in terms of playoff success(he has that on Boston)?
I am pretty confident in saying he would not go to Winnipeg.

Sadly because Sweeney gives out NMC/NTC clauses like candy we are also stuck with Charlie Coyle. I also expect Grzelcyk to survive this season here, not get moved and Sweeney's final move will be a five year contract at 5m a year with full NMC for Grizz on his way out the door.
Should clarify that Ullmark does not have to go to the "Peg". He can be traded elsewhere to open up cap space. I think he gets traded. Swayman becomes the #1.

You said: Sweeney's final move will be a five year contract at 5m a year with full NMC for Grizz on his way out the door.

Wow. Let's hope not. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gryz is small and certainly does not put the fear factor into bigger players. He is an excellent puck mover, skilled. But man, small......Lohrei fits the bill, but he's not ready.

The Vegas D should be the model. Every guy is over 6'0" and 200 lbs. Florida could not penetrate the interior of the Vegas D. Need some more McQuaid's types on this team!

If the Bruins got by Florida, I am not sure they could have beaten Vegas.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I like Hall and loved his jump in the playoffs, but he was 8th in pts among Bostons forwards last year.

Look at the Hayes trade if you want to see what kind of a market there is for 6mil+ forwards. He produced a hell of a lot more last year than Hall and the flyers had to eat half his deal just to get a team to take him for a 6th round pick.
Will u stop with this denigration of Hall BS. Hayes hit 50 or more points ONCE in his career, this year. Hall had a better year production wise in 2021-22 playing in the top 6.
Hayes can't hold Hall's jock.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Dumping Hall and not signing Bertuzzi? Must be something in the works here that I don't see. Maybe they have collected a bunch of RD fodder to move one out? Figured they would have enough cap space with gryz traded and buyout of Reilly, Forbort To cover Freddy and sway while bringing kids up from Providence to fill out rest of roster.
Carlo out?

Reactions: ylekot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad