Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The counter to that is HelleBuyck, Gibson, Varly, etc are available and Ullmark's value may not be much, even after winning the Vezina. Furthermore,two solid goalies may be the only thing keeping the team modestly competitive. Best year I have seen for goalies in at least twenty years.
Ullmark won the triple crown had arguably top 3 seasons ever and stats can put it one

He’s got 2/10 M less

Gibson 4 years at 6.4 M barf
Hellybuyck 1 at 6.2 M and UFA

Ullmark all over these two contract wise and performance

Good luck Ducks trading that deal without 50% retention

Ullmark for the forseable future at 5 M and not a diva

I’m Sweens unless Essensa & Dunham tell me Bussi is ready now I’m holding on to Linus till next summer

With Ullmark/Swayman & McAvoy/Grzelcyk/Lindholm/Carlo they can probably get to magic 95 number

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Brad Isbister….. Dave Scatchard

(Shiver)
MOC had a massive hard on for Isbister for years prior to acquiring him. Christ, he sucked.

I always liked Scatchard when he was with Vancouver. Then we immediately traded him for the immortal Dave Tanabe, who is probably one of the most forgettable players ever to walk into that dressing room.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
MOC had a massive hard on for Isbister for years prior to acquiring him. Christ, he sucked.

I always liked Scatchard when he was with Vancouver. Then we immediately traded him for the immortal Dave Tanabe, who is probably one of the most forgettable players ever to walk into that dressing room.
It’s like I’m back in college, firing up some NHL 07 on XBox 360!

Reactions: Deal Law

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe the free Jumbo home cooked meatballs will be back
You know I never had one

I like the Bertucci sampler with the meatballs a part of

Sad to see Bertuccis struggling - I would take my kid their after her hockey game split a Caesar salad, the sampler, eat 2 rolls (discipline) get a 16 Oz Sams and finish splitting a chocolate mousse

Miss that

Reactions: ylekot

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Was just reading the B's are operating under the assumption no Bergy/Krejci

If so, anyone think it's possible to sign Bergy before the deadline depending where the team is for a playoff run? Is that still a thing that can happen? I feel it's happened before with a few guys
You really counting on a 38 year old with a herniated disc to save the day?

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Wow you nailed it - all true

Loved Scatchard

I am not sure but he battles or battled depression- hope he’s happy and healthy and at peace. Would have made a fantastic third line center here

So do they
Read back I covered it

They like myself get it

You can take a year off if you want, relax, work on house, body or both (that’s me now with Red Sox) and 2024-25 going to B awesome

2024-25 Bruins are back !!!!!!

Reactions: smithformeragent

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_5638.jpeg

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Just a gut feel. Is Scheifele incoming? He's 6'3" 200. Scored 42 goals last year. What is weird is the 26 assists as a Center? He has played 723 games. Put up 645 points during his time in the league. Would he thrive in the Bruins culture? Can certainly play with Marchand. He's 30 years old. Like Zacha, adds size to the center position.

Ullmark, Gryz and Reilly out. Give Swayman the keys. Play Bergeron on the 3rd line.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

IIRC the rumor was that Scatchard did not get along with the Bruins' existing locker room clique led by Thornton and Boynton, there was some kind of altercation between them on an airplane coming back from a road trip and MOC had to trade him, then shortly thereafter he traded Thornton and blew up the room altogether.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IIRC the rumor was that Scatchard did not get along with the Bruins' existing locker room clique led by Thornton and Boynton, there was some kind of altercation between them on an airplane coming back from a road trip and MOC had to trade him, then shortly thereafter he traded Thornton and blew up the room altogether.
Right and Primeau became their 3C.

Things unraveled quickly.

Sometimes it takes bottoming out to usher in meaningful change.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Maybe I'm just an asshole but as GM I would want a definitive answer leading into the draft. Him coming back or not is too big of a factor to not know. They got knocked out 2 months ago.
you are not an asshole , you would be doing your job.......now with that said , maybe he knows...........and then again maybe he doesn't

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Joe Thornton's first NHL fight was with Scatchard.

Guess they didn't forget it.

Reactions: Gordoff and Grimey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
One trade and this forum went full doomsday huh lol
I think we all knew a reckoning was coming but it was all in the hypothetical realm and in the future until a move occurred and reality set in with the teardown starting. Combine that with reports simultaneously coming out about how Bergy is probably retiring and it went from "well they could bring back Bergy on a deferred bonus contract, move Hall and Gryz out for picks and bring back Bertuzzi and probably compete next year), but shipping out Hall, getting literally nothing back, probably losing Bergy and Krejci, still needing to make some moves to clear space (and free agent top 6ers aren't lining up to play with Charlie Coyle), going full doomer is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad