Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yotes fan, here. Wholly ignorant of the Bruins situation. By only semi paying attention to national media who likely doesn’t know what’s up, I’m getting the sense that the Bruins are in a tough spot with the cap, have exhausted their picks/prospects pool, and are in tough to keep the players they want, shed the players the don’t want, and find a way to improve team.

I may be way off base. But that’s the context behind this idea I’m about to float. I haven’t done my due diligence. I haven’t read through this thread or looked up the local articles. So I might be waaay off base. And if I am, feel free to flame. I deserve it. I was lazy about this one.

Here’s the thought, Arizona gives a couple of picks (future 2nds, current 3rds, some combination) to restock Boston’s depleted reserves somewhat (flexibility added) and agrees to take Mike Reilly’s contract. In exchange, Boston sends RFA Trent Frederic who’s likely due a big raise that might be hard to afford with everything else they needs to be considered.

Thoughts on the basic framework?

——

Following up on this from the other thread that got closed. Someone suggested Gryz instead of Frederic. I wanted to note that he would not be of interest to Arizona. They are looking for pieces 25 and under.

Someone else mentioned they’d do it for Arizona’s 2nd this year. I think Arizona would rather deal from years where they have stockpiles. They only have one 2nd this year. But three next year and four the next. Additionally, I would expect Boston wants picks as currency not as selections. So future picks are more flexible. Arizona does have four 3rds this year though. So maybe a ‘23 3rd and a ‘25 2nd? For Reilly and Frederic?
Frederic and Reilly for a 2nd and couple 3rd's I would do that and I like Frederic.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Franchise altering trade is not trading Forbort or Gryz, Maybe Ullmark, but more likely Marchand or McAvoy. Pasta would certainly qualify, but he is the one guy I doubt they trade, unless they are getting Bedard back.

Reactions: TCB

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Franchise altering to pick up a first rounder?
IMG_4573.jpeg

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I guess it all depends where it is. If its a top two this year it very well could be. I'd like to see one of the big boys come out with this though, it would be a little bit more credible.

Biggest name I’ve seen mention it is buccigross right here

Reactions: TCB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The locker room stuff concerns me WAY more than the age or the defense. Savard was 29 when he joined Boston and he learned. Of course you want a young C in his prime but I don’t think you dismiss MS or Lindholm as options because it’s not ideal.

Edit: and I like that there is a clear path to MS being a good offensive RW as he loses a step and Lindholm being a classic shutdown C when it happens to him.
I guess one good thing about MS being on a 1year deal is that he'd kind of be on a trial period for good behavior. He'd have to fit and be accepted if he wants to improve his rep for his next contract.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I guess one good thing about MS being on a 1year deal is that he'd kind of be on a trial period for good behavior. He'd have to fit and be accepted if he wants to improve his rep for his next contract.
For what it’s worth (zilch), Scheifele is my personal pick for C.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Please give me a list of "franchise altering" players we could acquire. Forget about the 'how could we afford that' part, and let's just make a list of franchise altering players that would be great to acquire.

I'll start...

Draisatl
Eichel
Zegras/MacTavish
A top5 pick.
Barzal
Hertl?
Wright
Matthews
Lindholm & Hanifin

Last edited:
Status