Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If Bertuzzi won't sign, and the numbers still don't work, I think we should flip Hall for picks, flip DeBrusk to his natural wing, and acquire Garland for peanuts.

I'm going to keep banging that drum, he's one of the most effective players at 5v5, great 2 way play, plays a pests game, and is an absolute gamer. And he's FREE.

Sub 5 million dollar contract too, so he's affordable

Marchand - Bergeron - Garland
DeBrusk - Zacha - Pasta

I like Garland a lot, a few days ago I made a capfriendly line up I posted in here and was debating between bertuzzi and garland(moving Debrusk back to left wing in the process). But was having a hard time figuring out what assets would go the other way so I left him off in favor of signing bertuzzi as a FA.

I’d he’s available I wouldn’t mind the move at all. He would fit age wise to the pasta/McAvoy/Lindholm/swayman(or Ullmark) core

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Gryz got boned these play-offs by Monty. That being said would have been nice if he tried to block the ot goal in game 7.

Deserved or undeserved the Bruins spent a ton of assets knocking him down the depth chart the past two deadlines because they feel he can't cut it when the play gets heavy. On the other hand, they somehow felt Forbort could which is mindboggling. The Orlov deal messed up a lot of the continuity

Best way to beat the forecheck would be having defensemen who could skate it out of the zone, or retrieve it quickly to pass it out of the zone, both things Gryz does very well. I still think they hold on to him

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Yes, they are. Quality of Competition stats exist, McAvoy gets the hardest deployment on the team. You can't hide guys next to him, putting Gryz next to him has never been about hiding Gryz.

Bang on.

They know each other, they play well together.

Orlov and Charlie did not seem to fit, even if the coaching staff didn't give them enough rope.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietbruinfan

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
what do you think expected goals means exactly? i'm curious what your take is on why expected goals would differ from actual goals.
The argument (whether you agree with it or not) is that expected goals is a better predictor of future goals, than actual goals themselves. Since goals are a relatively rare event (as opposed to made baskets in a basketball game) any goal, is somewhat lucky/flukey. xG tries to say "this kind of shot from this kind of distance has this chance of being scored, and since there's a lot more of them in a game, than actual goals, it gives you a better shot at predicting future success."

You can buy the model or not, but there is logic to it, whether their particular math or weight of shots is accurate may be a different discussion.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Some of you have never watched Gryz play and it shows…He’s not perfect by any means but some of you tragically cannot get past his height and style of play. I urge you to look at something like MoneyPuck.com.

Derek forbort had an on ice expected goals percentage of 29%.

That is horrible. Grzelcyk? 61.5% enough for the team lead.

Dont believe these numbers? Dont think MoneyPuck is accurate? I’ll raise you one and tell you I’ve spoken directly to members of the front office who told me that moneypuck is the best public model out there.

Furthermore, Grzelcyk is one of the best skaters in this league. Has a great defensive stick, and isnt being HIDDEN with McAvoy. How is it that time and time again they move Gryz away from Mac and they KEEP LOSING.
This is excellent news. I'm assuming other GMs know this, so we should get a decent return for him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
In an ideal world I would love to sign Graves or Soucy to round out the top four but the money is just not going to be there.

I also take a look at how Tampa is running things and it’s pretty similar. Granted they didn’t make it past the 1st round they generally had Segachev and Hedman split with either Cernak and Perbix on the right side. What sticks out there?

They really only have three top four defenseman just like the B’s and hack it with the rest.

The difference is they actually won when they had McDonough but we couldn’t with Orlov so be ready for rookies and vet minimums it’s just the reality of it

I really like Adam Graves.

OEL is precisely what this team does not need. If you're going to tweak this club's defence, you trade Grizz and you replace with a big, physical and mean defender. If such a rare magical beast even exists anymore in this teenie-bopper league.

Keep Gryz, ship out Clifton and Forbort. And Zboril. I am heartily sick of the latter.

Give it up, Don. Jake was your only keeper.

We're coming up on ten years.

Let it go.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Some of you have never watched Gryz play and it shows…He’s not perfect by any means but some of you tragically cannot get past his height and style of play. I urge you to look at something like MoneyPuck.com.

Derek forbort had an on ice expected goals percentage of 29%.

That is horrible. Grzelcyk? 61.5% enough for the team lead.

Dont believe these numbers? Dont think MoneyPuck is accurate? I’ll raise you one and tell you I’ve spoken directly to members of the front office who told me that moneypuck is the best public model out there.

Furthermore, Grzelcyk is one of the best skaters in this league. Has a great defensive stick, and isnt being HIDDEN with McAvoy. How is it that time and time again they move Gryz away from Mac and they KEEP LOSING.

I'm not especially a Gryz fan, but he has much more value, at his price, than many give him credit for.

The Bruins CAN bring in size and physical D. They can also keep Matt.

Yes, Virginia, it's possible. And doable.

Do it.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad