GDT: 2023 NHL Global Series LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @9:00pm PST/12:00am EST 9/22-23/23 game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This is surely just pre-season PLD, right? He doesn't look this unengaged and unmotivated normally, right? RIGHT?
I feel like if this is normal PLD then it’s going to be a really tough pill to swallow considering how Vilardi willed magic to happen while PLD looks extremely uninspired. Hopefully it’s preseason. But yeah people did say he’s lazy.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Kempe and Fiala look in mid season form.

Arvidsson-Danault-Moore line looks good again.

Englund was physical, but got dangled a couple times.

Doty had a good scrap, but barely played.

PLD and Byfield looked like they were asleep.

Go again tomorrow. Hope Turcotte plays.

Reactions: kinghock and Telos

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
There is lots of time to improve. That is all I have to say about the game. College football kicks off in 9 hours. Time to get some sleep. Good night.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
6 goals halfway through this game. Can't have more games like this in the regular season. I'm not going to rag on them too much when its literally game 1 of preseason, but the goaltending and defense nearly killed this team last year. Can't outscore our problems
This roster is built to do nothing except outscore their problems.

Reactions: Schmooley

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Bittersweet. Kings hockey is back and there are definitely flashes of potential offensive dominance on the horizon; however, while it is still one preseason game, it is disheartening and concerning to see virtually zero difference with goaltending, defense, systems, and various underperforming spots on the roster.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Standouts were Spence and Cooley

Everyone else was pretty much as expected, preseason slopfest

Englund is basically just a store brand Gudbrandson/Phaneuf, every once in a while he'll crush someone and will make just enough good plays to give you hope but generally just puts the puck off the glass runs around with his head cut off and you wish he was dead

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bittersweet. Kings hockey is back and there are definitely flashes of potential offensive dominance on the horizon; however, while it is still one preseason game, it is disheartening and concerning to see virtually zero difference with goaltending, defense, systems, and various underperforming spots on the roster.

Yeah it's hard to overthink preseason but it definitely has that Stevens season vibe of just going thru the motions...same strengths, same problems, no one looks particularly excited. I'm hoping it's just my pessimism talking and i'm trying to avoid some confirmation bias but just bad ho-hum vibes man, I think i'd rather see the fourth line out there running the goalie and actively trying not to score than the 15th year in a row of 'pass it around the perimeter until we're out of gas' 6-on-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad