GDT: 2023 NHL Global Series LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @9:00pm PST/12:00am EST 9/22-23/23 game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Also keep in mind it's a really, really long trip to get there. The time zones are wonky for the players. They are outside their normal facilities. The Kings looked mediocre but the Coyotes looked terrible. Both teams were really slow.

The sooner they get back the better.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The ice didn't help.

yeah, you can see it really bad in Kaliyev's shootout attempt, ice almost looks pixelated even in high resolution haha, puck wobbling when he barely pushes it forward

Looking forward to Turcotte, Fagemo, JAD tomorrow

Reactions: tny760

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Copley looks like he let the lightning out of the bottle.

I wouldn't hesitate to Waive him if his play and Riitich;s better form continues.

Deserved to be scratched for game 2:

Copley,
Doughty
Englund
Doty
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Lewis

New line 4:

JAD - Turcotte - Fagemo (gotta get em in somewhere, everyone that hasn't played)

New D.

MA- Spence
Bjornfot - Gavri
Moverare - Roy

Talbot with the 1A door opened by Copley.

Half a preseason game but Dubois seems very vanilla too me. If he produces it doesn't matter but I get the feeling he won't bring a lot of electricity.
The line looked great out of the gates and in the first.
Faded after that except Fiala

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
More emotional takes: "real fans know the preseason is a true glimpse into the regular season"

Right, the first few competitive hockey games in months for these players is a true representation of how the season will go

I swear is there anybody on this board who isn't either A) coping or B) thinking emotionally

This is the same guy that was in McDavids head and had Auston Matthews snapping his stick. He's going to be physical, and he's going to be tough to play against. Thats is if he plays with us how he did in Winnipeg

Right here dude!
Spot on, .
Welcome back.
PLD and his line looked good in the first.
I think he needs to get his endurance up.
Have you been comatose the last few pre seasons where the Kings started off the season exactly the same way they played in pre season. I know logic isn’t your forte but consider bowing out.

In Sol speak: You don't agree with me, that makes you stupid.
That highlight of Cooley with be shown for 10 years. Nice D Spence!
It was more on Englund but he jock strap slapped both.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I feel like most the issues between users on this board just boils down to pessimism vs optimism. Yeah of course theres some concerns with the Kings this year, concerns with Rob Blake, and TM.

But I genuinely couldn't imagine going about my sports fandom (which is supposed to be an enjoyment) constantly upset, complaining, and unhappy to the point where I'm writing the season off in the first preseason game, and or just bitching all day online during the regular season

Thats just me though

You have reached...

THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!🔄
I like how he’s complaining about how much he dislikes that people complain about the Kings. He has no issue bitching about fans but can’t fathom why fans will bitch about the team and enjoy it the same way he does. Lol dudes nuts.e way Down Under.

Really he is?
How nuts is it to write off the entire season based on a presesaon exhibition you had to travel across the Pacific to play?🤡
Really worried about Byfield
Don't fall
for Sol's BS,
Byf is young and its his first game back after the Summer all the way down under.

Byfield already moved off Kopitar line.

PLD not looking like he’s worth Vilardi, Kupari, AI and a 2nd.
PLD looks well worth all that when you change the semantics on the second to getting rid of Durzi

• Haha
Reactions: VILARGOD and Sol

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
This is not surprising, we lost 40 goals in total by bringing in 27 and paid a 2nd on top.
Also Vilardi brings so much more to the table than goals while Dubois is known to be lazy and unmotivated.
No idea how people come to the conclusion we didn't get fleeced in that deal
Again after one pre season exhibition.
These comments aren't biased at all, lol.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Spence is good and should make the team.

I want him and Clarke both. Kings need the wow factor that Clarke can bring.

Fiala is still able to bring me out of my seat.

The Kings have a good overall team and Talbot will need to have another Minnesota type year for them to do real damage.

Still gonna be a dogfight.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Instead of spending the $ on Dubois he could have spent that cap around 4 million on a 3c and 4 million on a goalie.
He thinks they can get on with Copley and Talbot and its a real gamble.
A real gamble unless he pulls off a deal before the NHL TDL like in January because it will be quite apparent then that maybe hitching your ride to a sinking Ship 'Aint going anywhere fast! Blake and maybe McClellan could be gone faster than you could say Tim Young...PS All Blake did was scour the Garbage heap

Reactions: Schmooley

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Spence and Fiala looked great, and everyone else looked like it was preseason. I’m glad Kempe’s shot still looks like a 30-40 goal scorer’s shot too. Moore scoring is encouraging as well—we’ll need him to be productive on that contract.

I’m still a naive optimist that Byfield will be a top six center, but watching Cooley score that goal sprinkled some salt over our top five picks of Turc and QB. Ugh.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Cooley obviously needs some seasoning in the AHL.

Jesus Byfield.
Byfield is a playmaking center and as long as he is played as scoring winger, he will fail.
He did two awesome assists where he opened a shooting option just a couple of feet away from the goal but if players like Anderson just shoot it into the goalies chest, he doesn't get the assists

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I feel like if this is normal PLD then it’s going to be a really tough pill to swallow considering how Vilardi willed magic to happen while PLD looks extremely uninspired. Hopefully it’s preseason. But yeah people did say he’s lazy.
I was pretty amazed by PLD shift with 11:40 left in the 3rd period.
Rarely have i seen a player this unmotivated on the ice.
It was even difficult to say what position he plays, he just stood around at the left wing position when we played defense in front of our own goal, then we counter attacked and he just cruised into the offense zone behind everyone else and then finished his shift

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Well, at least I got a small taste of what east coast Kings fans go through. I have to work this morning, but I stayed up and watched the whole thing (minus the shootout, since I turned it off after the empty net). A few moments of excitement, followed by feelings of, "I stayed up late to watch this?). The goal by Cooley was awesome. Glad to see kids who don't get the talent beaten out of them...

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
It's kind of funny and sad how this first preseason game justified some of the criticisms everyone has had.

Goaltending was bad. PLD looked like he couldn't care less at times just like we heard he does. Other than Fiala most the big names were absent. Spence looked great so I expect him to be one of the first cuts. Just not a great start to what is supposed to be the first big "go for it" season. Hopefully it gets better.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
We saw what happened last year in the preseason and regular season. I don’t know why Blake thinks that goaltending is going to be fine when they are so bad. Kings are playing trap on PK with the worst goalies in the NHL. They need to make a trade for a goalie asap.

I know it’s game 1 preseason but the same worrying elements of the Kings last year were way too prevalent already. Definitely not s good sign to see those issues again so clearly.

Reactions: tigermask48

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What also makes the loss feel gross is that I think Arizona couldn't practice one of the days because the ice was so bad, though I can't find the reference to it. But also, Arizona had to break their squad up to 3 separate squads: one to play against LA in Australia, but also a split-squad today versus St. Louis.

It looks like the bulk of their starters are in Australia, but they just seemed to have more factors play in against them, as well as being a younger team. Most of the Kings' expected starters are in Australia, minus Clarke.

Edit: here's the article where the Kings had a practice but the Coyotes did not: Coyotes beat Kings in Australia after ice issues

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Preseason doesn’t mean much of anything.

I know PLD was brought in to solidify the center spot. It sucks losing a creative guy like Vilardi in that deal.

First viewing of PLD doesn’t mean much but as I said before, he looks like a vanilla big center. That’s fine if he produces but it’s just prototypical Kings mentality there.
Like Byfield over Stutzle.

If Vilardi breaks out even more this year that trade isn’t gonna sit well.

I hope Dubois is more than a glorified second line center.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Byfield is a playmaking center and as long as he is played as scoring winger, he will fail.
He did two awesome assists where he opened a shooting option just a couple of feet away from the goal but if players like Anderson just shoot it into the goalies chest, he doesn't get the assists
Byfield will be fine but he has to start to use his reach and size more! He has the talent and Skill just work on Strength and toughness don't take shit from anyone!Byfield would be a monster at 10-15 lbs more not sure what that is in KiloGrams

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Preseason doesn’t mean much of anything.

I know PLD was brought in to solidify the center spot. It sucks losing a creative guy like Vilardi in that deal.

First viewing of PLD doesn’t mean much but as I said before, he looks like a vanilla big center. That’s fine if he produces but it’s just prototypical Kings mentality there.
Like Byfield over Stutzle.

If Vilardi breaks out even more this year that trade isn’t gonna sit well.

I hope Dubois is more than a glorified second line center.
Perhaps they move Dubois to Kopi's LWing if things are boding well for the youngster Quinton Byfield...the pressure is on...some players are feeling it and so are the coaches and the GM himself since things haven't been too rosy on some aspects of Development and where the Kings are right now...Stanley Cup contenders...no...some things need to be rectified! That 4th line looks like Shit really...Lizotte and Fading Lewis and Grundstrom! Grundy deserves better he should be playing top 9 at least

Reactions: LAKings88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad