2023 NHL Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Unfortunately, I dont even think Reinbacher is on the Canucks radar at 6. I see them taking a safe pick , someone who is usually ranked around there. I expect them to take someone like Dvorsky, Yager, Moore over him.

Last edited:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I generally agree with this. Top 5 are all first overall calibre:

Bedard (own tier) , Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith

Following 2 are next tier:

Benson, Reinbacher
Aren’t there a lot of debates between Smith and Benson?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Reinbacher is 2/3 years away while a lot of the Forwards 2 years max.

Someone is going to draft Rienbacher in the top 10 which is fine but their are better players available.

The top tier is seen as Carlsson, Fantilli, Benson with Michkov and Bedard being in classes of their own

Smith, Moore, and Dlvorsky are projected to be C while Barlow, Cristall, Wood, and Leonard are seen as winger.

I do like the Leonard and Boone Jenner comparsions though. I really like Boone Jenner as a player. He is a perfect 2/3C on a contender

6-8 I would look at Smith, Dlvorsky, Moore, Reinbacher.

Smith would be my first choice then Dlvorsky and Reinbacher. But Ive heard some people are really high on Moore

Last edited:

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
An argument could be made in terms of pure skill but I see Smith as a level above as he’s a pure centreman and (slightly) bigger than Benson. Smith is the complete package to me.
No, I don’t think he is. He actually reminds me of a more talented Andrew Cassels. He isn’t overly physical and isn’t a good skater. Excellent passer but I wouldn’t be surprised if he really struggles in pro hockey.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
No, I don’t think he is. He actually reminds me of a more talented Andrew Cassels. He isn’t overly physical and isn’t a good skater. Excellent passer but I wouldn’t be surprised if he really struggles in pro hockey.
I don’t agree with the skating critique at all. He slows the game down to his level, which elite players do, but is actually a very strong skater from my viewings.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
If we get Bedard or Carlsson, I think whatever the team has been doing for the last 8 years is actually going to pay off.
He doesn't have great acceleration but his 4-way speed is probably above average and he can still fly when he is carrying or tracking the puck.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
If we get Bedard or Carlsson, I think whatever the team has been doing for the last 8 years is actually going to pay off.

He doesn't have great acceleration but his 4-way speed is probably above average and he can still fly when he is carrying or tracking the puck.
I think any of the top 3 could change this team's fortunes. This franchise needs a prayer.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Bag skates broke him. He could have been a Lidstrom clone
i will be forever freaked out by picking this high and it meaning so much

Went from mayyyybbbeee Matthews (lottery) to oh well Dubois will be awesome to OMG were gonna get Tkachuk to throwing my remote accross the room and going for a walk to cool off. And that was when i thought he would at least be a top4 guy.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

Went from mayyyybbbeee Matthews (lottery) to oh well Dubois will be awesome to OMG were gonna get Tkachuk to throwing my remote accross the room and going for a walk to cool off. And that was when i thought he would at least be a top4 guy.
Lol same man. I melted down

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Yep, had the same feelings for OJ that I had when we didn't pick Kopitar.

Only two times I literally threw objects while watching the draft.
In all fairness, Bourdon had the potential to be the best Dman we ever had. Letang said he was the better player. I think he would have been the difference maker in 2011. That said, Kopitar would have been incredible too.

Reactions: Flik

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Islanders look to be pulling away a bit in the wildcard race.....so their first round pick in this draft will likely be no better than 18-20. And if they were go on a bit of a run, and win series or two, the pick might fall back even further.

So in the end Detroit likely ends up with a 20-23 pick and a 39-40 pick in the second round. Still a lot to cough up for Hronek, but a little more palatable.

Nov 1, 2011
In all fairness, Bourdon had the potential to be the best Dman we ever had. Letang said he was the better player. I think he would have been the difference maker in 2011. That said, Kopitar would have been incredible too.

Have a lot of love for Bourdon but let's realize that Kopitar put up a 20G, 60 pt season when Bourdon was still in junior and further had 30g, 77pt season the next year, when Bourdon wasn't a full time NHLer.

It was very unlikely that Bourdon was going to catch-up to Kopitar.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

I watched that draft with an Oilers fan (we lost touch after he became a Trump supporter subsequently).

He was ecstataic with Jesse Puljujarvi, and then when JB said, "From the London Knights" I got stoked because I watched Tkachuk in the memorial cup that year and saw a star. When he said "Olli Juolevi" my buddy just laughed and laughed and I couldn't even hate. Frankly, I couldn't believe it.

I don't see us picking in the top 4 but I'm punishing myself with the hope that we pick 5th (we're too good and will probably pick 8th-10th).

I want Benson pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia