9 Dalibor Dvorsky AIK C 6-1 190
10 Charlie Stramel U Wisconsin C 6-3 212
11 Nate Danielson Brandon C 6-0-1/2 179
12 Ethan Gauthier Sherbrooke C 5-11 177
13 Eduard Sale Kometa Brno LW 6-1 163
14 Otto Stenberg Frolunda RW 5-11 172
15 Colby Barlow Owen Sound LW 6-0 195
16 Kasper Halttunen Jokerit RW 6-3 207

Craig Button's September List: Craig's List: Sale a surprise second behind Bedard - TSN.ca

Canucks 2023 Picks Currently:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
4th (NYR)
5th
6th

Made a thread because i didn't see a dedicated one and i have been wanting to talk prospects since i've been watching more often.​

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I want so desperately Bedard to be our pyjama boy down the road

Joe Sakic, Duncan Keith, Paul Kariya, Dr. Recchi, Barzal didn’t want anything to do with us. Well Niedamayer did but we wouldn’t sign his brother.

We have to tank for him If we want him most likely.

I do hope we get a top 10 draft pick though. If we can’t get any of the top 3, I would love Cam Allen.

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I want so desperately Bedard to be our pyjama boy down the road

Recent history (like 20 years), the Canucks actively avoid BC boys and WHL/BCHL.

Which is ironic because 2023 could be the strongest WHL crop ever.

Come join me in the prospects board, I'll be posting my analyses on there instead of this board.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Joe Sakic, Duncan Keith, Paul Kariya, Dr. Recchi, Barzal didn’t want anything to do with us. Well Niedamayer did but we wouldn’t sign his brother.

We have to tank for him If we want him most likely.

I do hope we get a top 10 draft pick though. If we can’t get any of the top 3 I would love Cam Allen.
Bedard has been more vocally a Canucks fan than any prospect in recent memory

His favourite player is Tyler Motte ffs

Reactions: racerjoe

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Bedard has been more vocally a Canucks fan than any prospect in recent memory

His favourite player is Tyler Motte ffs

Well, let’s hope he pulls a Tavares but when younger. Or even better, pull a lindros or Adam fox and we get him right away.

But if we get him that soon without drafting him, there might be character issues if he doesn’t report to the team that drafts him. Lol

Reactions: Hansen

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Well, let’s hope he pulls a Tavares but when younger. Or even better, pull a lindros or Adam fox and we get him right away.

But if we get him that soon without drafting him, there might be character issues if he doesn’t report to the team that drafts him. Lol
Would be pretty f***in nifty if he did, hes maybe a top 5 goalscorer on the planet at 17?

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Some early thoughts on players i've watched:

Oliver Bonk - Plays a lot like Dobson did. Not ranked in the 1st, but i think he will work his way there like Dobson did. Moves the puck very well, two-way mobile defender. Usually on London's 2nd PP, but deserves to be on the 1st; likes to shoot, and likes to move on the PP. Can really skate the puck up the ice and has moments of slick skating, but also moments of awkward skating transitions.

Tanner Molendyk - Has a swagger about him, reminds me of Zegras as a D, smooth/slick skater. Moves the puck very well on the PP, offensive-minded for sure. I don't like that his outlet passes are very inconsistent, often lobs/bobbles and have rarely seen a nice crisp tape to tape pass. Also gets standing around defensively. His partner, De La Gorgendiere, does a lot of heavy lifting and board work in their own end. But that said, Molendyk is playing as a LS on the right side in every game i've watched and had a minor injury early in the season.

Cal Ritchie - wow, you can't miss him. His feet are always moving and plays at a high pace. Deserving of his ranking, almost always the best player on the ice when i've watched him in the OHL. The play centers around him when he is on the ice and in a very good way. Plays a two way balanced game.

Nate Danielson - maybe caught bad games, but surprised he is almost top 10 on Bob's list based on first viewings. His pacing is a bit slow to me, reminds me a bit of a better skating Gaunce, which isn't a bad player per se. Just don't know if he should be that high. He has a nice shot, more of a lurking shooter than assertive attacker. But not a lot of creativity.

But again early thoughts subject to change.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Unfortunately I don’t see any reality where Bedard gets drafted by us or holds out and demands a trade to Vancouver but it is entirely possible that he loves us so much he becomes a Canucks at the earliest possible moment as well as playing against us at half speed while creating turn overs in key scoring areas to display his love for us…… that happens all the time

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
very forward heavy top end. A D-man might be the BPA where the Canucks draft.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The most interesting aspect of these early lists is how drastically the draft lists change by the end of the season. The next most interesting aspect is how they change right before the draft. Like two days before.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
There's no way we get up unless it's 4 years down the line and he holds out for a trade.

"If I wanted to play in a college hockey rink I wouldn't have gone to the OHL. For this reason I refuse to report to the Arizona Coyotes and have requested a trade to a team I am far more comfortable at. With all due respect." - Conor Bedard, 2023 Entry Draft, Day 01.

Reactions: supercanuck

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
"If I wanted to play in a college hockey rink I wouldn't have gone to the OHL. For this reason I refuse to report to the Arizona Coyotes and have requested a trade to a team I am far more comfortable at. With all due respect." - Conor Bedard, 2023 Entry Draft, Day 01.
Good bet his parents have had him being managed well since a young age. They've known he's NHL bound since he was like 12 years old. I don't get that Lindros sense of entitlement that radiated off the Big E even in his junior days.

I know this was a joke fyi

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
"If I wanted to play in a college hockey rink I wouldn't have gone to the OHL. For this reason I refuse to report to the Arizona Coyotes and have requested a trade to a team I am far more comfortable at Vancouver. With all due respect." - Conor Bedard, 2023 Entry Draft, Day 01.

;):laugh:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Usually those kind of public statements aren't that direct. They subtly infer where they want to go to the public while the player and agent are very clear to the team. I also like when players praise the team they are demanding to be traded from "I love the city. I love the organization. I've been treated well. I just feel it's best for both if there's a fresh start".

Last edited:
Reactions: supercanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad