NFL: 2023 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
$10K for a pizzeria is a lot of money. And I agree, get it in writing. But for DeVito, be a man of your word. If you say it's going to be $10K, do it for that amount. Do not go back and ask for him, just like the PIzzeria should not look to cut his fee in half at the last minute either.

Doesn't sound like DeVito caused the issue, his agent did

Reactions: PanthersPens62

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Doesn't sound like DeVito caused the issue, his agent did
Bad agent. He reps DeVito. Should not be doing any harm to his name. I mean, if the standard agent fee is max 3%, that $10K extra is $300 to him. Can tell DeVito, we need to increase the rates moving forward. But, we honor all current commitments.

Reactions: LT

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Bad agent. He reps DeVito. Should not be doing any harm to his name. I mean, if the standard agent fee is max 3%, that $10K extra is $300 to him. Can tell DeVito, we need to increase the rates moving forward. But, we honor all current commitments.

But there wasn’t a commitment yet. I get it’s a lot of money and also you are paying it for a reason. Going to the press because negotiations went awry is definitely shitty

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
But there wasn’t a commitment yet. I get it’s a lot of money and also you are paying it for a reason. Going to the press because negotiations went awry is definitely shitty
Sounds like there was a deal in place but the agent decided to up the price after the price was agreed.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Sounds like there was a deal in place but the agent decided to up the price after the price was agreed.

I don’t know what to tell you. If you’re trying to hire a celebrity for your event you are promoting with his name in the title of it get your shit in writing

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t know what to tell you. If you’re trying to hire a celebrity for your event you are promoting with his name in the title of it get your shit in writing
Text messages are writing. Not sure why you're going to bat so hard to defend a dishonest agent.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

The dead cap makes this a bit more complicated but i seriously wonder if it's being considered. Some of Payton's body language towards Russ, especially last night was pretty bad.

It's clear the Russ of old is gone too. He's not bad this year persay, but his game to game stats are pretty mediocre and more akin to a game manage at this point.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The dead cap makes this a bit more complicated but i seriously wonder if it's being considered. Some of Payton's body language towards Russ, especially last night was pretty bad.

It's clear the Russ of old is gone too. He's not bad this year persay, but his game to game stats are pretty mediocre and more akin to a game manage at this point.
Can’t trade Russ at that guaranteed salary left on his contract plus the bonuses that activate in March each year for the next season. Have to eat it. I mean if AZ who is in the #2 draft position takes Maye, they will eat a good amount of dead cap to move off Murray.

Reality of moving off a recently signed QB or any high end player for that matter.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Remember the Goff/Stafford trade in 2021? That season Goff had his return to LA.

In 2024 it's Stafford's turn to return to his former city.

And as the Rams have the longest-active Thanksgiving drought, not having appeared since 1975, they should be given the honor of playing at Detroit on Thanksgiving next year. I mean Stafford's return to Detroit, along with the fact LA is the second-largest market, is sure to bring in ratings.

While we're at it, the Cowboys should host the home opponent with the longest-active Thanksgiving drought next year. Right now that would be Tampa Bay, but if the Cowboys and Jaguars finish in the same position in their divisions next year, then the Jaguars would take precedence never having played on Thanksgiving.

The night game would right now have the Browns, who last appeared on Thanksgiving in 1989, hosting the Chiefs, who last appeared in 2006, in the very first night Thanksgiving game. This would be the team with the longest-active Thanksgiving drought not already playing at Detroit or Dallas playing the opponent on their schedule with the longest drought.

This should be the way the Thanksgiving matches are determined every year. And ratings will be just fine if they do that. Popular teams have plenty of opportunities to appear on national TV every year, Thanksgiving should be the one slot where the participants outside Detroit and Dallas more or less rotate, especially since Christmas games aren't always part of the schedule, and won't be next year because it falls on a Wednesday, which never has NFL games unless it's an emergency (like in 2020, ironically a game originally scheduled for Thanksgiving night).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Stafford gonna return in 3 weeks
SF likely needs to win that LA game to secure the bye barring another philly loss. Not going to be an easy game. Only rams and hawks can get to 10 wins of the WC chasing teams and rams own tie breaker over Seattle.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
SF likely needs to win that LA game to secure the bye barring another philly loss. Not going to be an easy game. Only rams and hawks can get to 10 wins of the WC chasing teams and rams own tie breaker over Seattle.
It’s either gonna be the Rams playing the Lions in the wild card or the Rams beating the Eagles and playing the Lions in the second round.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Thankfully Cheetah was not in the mansion.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad