NFL: 2023 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am in the minority I think but I’d still like to see Wentz figure it out.
Was going well til the injuries got him. Acl, then a concussion in the PO vs Seattle where he literally dragged the eagles in with just #4 WR onwards. Seems like more a personality issue with him. Plus trusts his arm too much .
6/7 spot means very little. Rest Stafford and Donald.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sitting lamar was always the logical choice. no reason to send him out there against a division rival who is fighting for the playoffs. i know he said he didn't like the two weeks off in 2019, but a little rust was far from the reason they lost that game to the titans

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
sitting lamar was always the logical choice. no reason to send him out there against a division rival who is fighting for the playoffs. i know he said he didn't like the two weeks off in 2019, but a little rust was far from the reason they lost that game to the titans
Worse to not have your guys due to a injury from a nothing game than be rusty in a PO game.

Dress 46/53 guys on the roster on game day. Basically a backup for each position. Just try to get through the game with no injuries.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

My memory of that game was Earl Thomas getting abused by Derrick Henry.
That was also Earl Thomas last NFL game, he was cut the next season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My memory of that game was Earl Thomas getting abused by Derrick Henry.
That was also Earl Thomas last NFL game, he was cut the next season.
henry exposed the ravens weak run D and titans D came up big with multiple stops on 4th and short. that, and roman quickly abandoning the run game was the difference

lamar wasn't great but he still threw for 365 yds and ran for 143. one of his two picks that game was a great pass that went through andrews's hands. if he was rusty that game, it didn't show much at all

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only memory I have of that game was Henry breaking off a huge run. I think it was a touchdown.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
give him and MG3 all the carries against the steelers to keep edwards and hill healthy

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

This f***in guy, i swear.

Build a f***ing statue of him outside of the stadium that depicts him saving orphans from a burning house while we're at it too.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Build a f***ing statue of him outside of the stadium that depicts him saving orphans from a burning house while we're at it too.

How the f*** was Rodgers inspirational? All he did was leave ass comments on the Pat McCafee show about returning, never did return but was pumping the tires of Zach Wilson, whom by the way was absolute ratchet stank.

All he did was cause locker room drama, front office drama, media bullshit *cough cough Mike Greenberg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Put this in here since it doesn't fit anywhere else IMO

ESPN got rid of alot of talent on air and other area's while throwing money at this jackass

They deserve to deal with this headache now

Also, McAfee is idiot if he thought he could just run things like his podcast, etc after inking that major deal and becoming part of ESPN broadcasting

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Either a really smart play or really stupid play by McAfee.

One would argue Pat knows his worth given the shitload of money ESPN is paying him and the fact he's one of the only things that draws eyes to the network at this point. He made the calculation he has leverage, and thus tried to use it. If he's legitimately getting screwed with then he has the right to blast people for it.

Stupid because ESPN could also decide you're not shit and dump you.

Kinda respect it honestly even as someone who can't stand McAfee.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
mcafee was getting big and he knew it. For whatever reason rather than hire people to deal with it opted to sign with ESPN. He had the option to remain independent. He is a new father and wanted the time to spend with his family. So, if this is the price of that family time he should accept it otherwise he should have remained independent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Either a really smart play or really stupid play by McAfee.

One would argue Pat knows his worth given the shitload of money ESPN is paying him and the fact he's one of the only things that draws eyes to the network at this point. He made the calculation he has leverage, and thus tried to use it. If he's legitimately getting screwed with then he has the right to blast people for it.

Stupid because ESPN could also decide you're not shit and dump you.

Kinda respect it honestly even as someone who can't stand McAfee.

Seems like former on-air talents there are with him. This Norby Williamson isn’t popular.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

Yup. The biggest attention whore in the league and it isn't close.

I cannot wait until he retires, but the media will still report about him because they want clicks and people are idiots.

Reactions: LT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yup. The biggest attention whore in the league and it isn't close.

I cannot wait until he retires, but the media will still report about him because they want clicks and people are idiots.
Media will report on him because he will be IN the media.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
LeBatard was run off ESPN for similar reasons. Bottom line is you simply cannot insult your superiors & have guests that slander people who work for the same corporation & expect to survive long term. I doubt McAfee will last too much longer on ESPN.

Reactions: LT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LeBatard was run off ESPN for similar reasons. Bottom line is you simply cannot insult your superiors & have guests that slander people who work for the same corporation & expect to survive long term. I doubt McAfee will last too much longer on ESPN.
Make no mistake, McAfee is not bringing the goods they thought. Not sure what they want from midday afternoons, but if they thought he was delivering, then that’s what it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad