NFL GDT: 2023 NFL pre-season

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
The Pats and Packers game was suspended in the 4th quarter as Isaiah Bolden was carted off after a collision with his teammate.

Hoping all the best for Bolden

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Think most teams who didn't play their starters for the first game played them in game 2. Wonder if any will play them next week in Week 3? 2 weekends before the first real game, so time to heal if something happens.

I assume most HC have already decided who is playing in Week 3 game. And if they planned on resting the starters, they would have given them extra work in week 2, to ensure that they got live action and had 3 weeks to recover for the rest test.

I believe now, there is a mass cutdown period, whereas in the past it was going from 90 to 75, to 65 or something, then the final cuts to 53 man roster. Now teams have the extra bodies around to use them in the final game if they don't plan on using any starters.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Yup, last season his head probably would have hit the ground like it did in the Green Bay game

This is also an defender letting Tua go instead of tackling him into the ground. Very smart play by the pass rusher to recognize the ball is gone and not avoid any sort of roughing the passer call.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is also an defender letting Tua go instead of tackling him into the ground. Very smart play by the pass rusher to recognize the ball is gone and not avoid any sort of roughing the passer call.
Wonder if Tua gets some favorable calls, because the NFL definitely doesn't want to see his brains get scrambled on a borderline hit.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Really liked what I saw from Purdy last night. Doesn't seem to have any ill effects from the surgery, and he was efficient. I just read that Shanahan wants to play him some again in the third game. I'm worried for the worst, but you also want to get into football shape. I just know in other years you deal with a rash of injuries in the early going and I wonder if that is just lack of playing in the preseason. I wonder if there is a study or stat to back that up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really liked what I saw from Purdy last night. Doesn't seem to have any ill effects from the surgery, and he was efficient. I just read that Shanahan wants to play him some again in the third game. I'm worried for the worst, but you also want to get into football shape. I just know in other years you deal with a rash of injuries in the early going and I wonder if that is just lack of playing in the preseason. I wonder if there is a study or stat to back that up.
Camp isn’t what it used to be. So when you ramp up to the real season it’s a major shift in intensity and stress on the body which is not used to it yet. That’s why teams are always worried during the first 3-5 days of camp of soft tissue no contact injuries.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully this is not anything too serious as apparently he has looked quite good in training camp and pre-season so far.

ACL for him. Dallas lost 2 guys to ACL tears. Sucks. Lumen field has not been kind in their past few dates for the NFL. Brooks tore his ACL in their final home game vs the Rams and now 2 Cowboys players tear their ACL in pre-season game 2 in Seattle.

Dallas uses turf as well, so can't really complain too much if you also use the stuff. A grass field, team, yeah, have more weight to any gripes about field surfaces.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Josh Harris just found a burgundy shirt in his drawer, couldn't even be bothered to wear anything team-branded

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sam Howell looks pretty good, at least as good as Heinicke was. He has a really strange release. The ball gets there but it he doesn't seem to get all the way through the motion, so the ball pulls down. Don't really know what to think about that

Sep 19, 2008
Did you know the Ravens have won 24 straight preseason games, it's not like the media hasn't mentioned this every time they play

Josh Harris just found a burgundy shirt in his drawer, couldn't even be bothered to wear anything team-branded
I don't think he likes the team name or branding

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
History in the balance here in the last 31 seconds. High drama.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For something that doesn't matter, sure looks like everyone on the field gives a shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad