NFL GDT: 2023 NFL pre-season

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can’t do this. Only by sheer luck is this a touchdown. He won’t be credited with a touchdown in the film room, that’s for sure.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lance throws another that hits a Raider right in the hands, but dropped it. I don’t know if he didn’t see him or just tried to beat him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Aidan O’Connell looking pretty good.
He will get lots of playing time in the pre-season this year. If Jimmy goes down for a month, I think LV tabs O'Connell rather than give it to Hoyer. If Jimmy is out a game or two, then it would be Hoyer to keep them alive. But, long term Hoyer is what he is, so they might as well see what they have with O'Connell if Jimmy is out.

White, at RB got lots of work. Do wonder come start of the season if LV just opts to rescind the tag to preserve that $10.1 mill of cap space for the 2024 season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
DTR would beat out Watson if this was an open QB competition. Maybe.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Backboard is out for a second time for the Eagles.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He will get lots of playing time in the pre-season this year. If Jimmy goes down for a month, I think LV tabs O'Connell rather than give it to Hoyer. If Jimmy is out a game or two, then it would be Hoyer to keep them alive. But, long term Hoyer is what he is, so they might as well see what they have with O'Connell if Jimmy is out.

White, at RB got lots of work. Do wonder come start of the season if LV just opts to rescind the tag to preserve that $10.1 mill of cap space for the 2024 season.

AOC is on deck if Jimmy G does his usual seasonal injury bug. I'm hoping that the Raiders be competitive this year, on all phases of the ball. Our defense was awful last year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A Browns receiver just got himself cut not getting out of bounds on a play designed to set up a Hail Mary. Can’t do that.

This does not count, but the game ends 18-18, that would be Scorigami.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Browns have a problem at kicker
No, they don't. They drafted York and will go into the season with him no matter what. This front office loves him. He cost them multiple games last season, and their response was to bring him into camp without competition. He was shitty the two prior pre-season games, and they still wouldn't even call in a kicker to join camp. They're going to ride with him all season and will lose games because of it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No, they don't. They drafted York and will go into the season with him no matter what. This front office loves him. He cost them multiple games last season, and their response was to bring him into camp without competition. He was shitty the two prior pre-season games, and they still wouldn't even call in a kicker to join camp. They're going to ride with him all season and will lose games because of it.
I still have the browns in last place, so checks out.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rookie Kickers, it's always hit/miss isn't it? I mean, Vikings drafted Carlsson and he was poor to start the season. Missed 3/4 his kicks in his first 2 games that season and got cut. Landed with the Raiders later in the season and played 10 games. Made 16/17 FG and all 18 XP.

Made 19/26 FG and 34/36 XP the following season for the Raiders, which isn't outstanding, but just decent.

But, since moving from OAK to LV, he's been 107/115 on FG and 110/116 on XP. Probably the second best K aside from Tucker over the past 3 seasons.

But, can also get Robert A. that TB took.

Go around the NFL, I think there are very few K who are on the original team that drafted them or that they signed with as an undrafted free agent. Most K fail at their first stop. If you go with a R Kicker, have to be ready to endure some rough moments with them. Mostly a mental game

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A Browns receiver just got himself cut not getting out of bounds on a play designed to set up a Hail Mary. Can’t do that.

This does not count, but the game ends 18-18, that would be Scorigami.
Wow,, just wow..... #82 absolutely got himself cut. Catches the ball on his 45 with like 5 seconds to go. Could very well just tip toe down the sidelines and any contact would have pushed him out of bounds with like 2 seconds at around the 47/48 yard line of Cleveland. Would have gotten them the extra 7-8 yards that they wanted for the hail mary setup.

Instead he cuts inside trying to juke a defender and gets tackled in bounds while trying to stretch the ball to the out of bounds marker.

When you are still playing in pre-season game 2 in the final minute of a game, you are borderline to make the team's 53 man roster. The coaches want smart guys in key situations. Didn't show any awareness there. Time, not yardage is what the coaches wanted on that play.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don't get what Tagovailoa is doing here

Not watching the game, but Perryman was a starter for the Raiders in recent years. Looks like Houston is playing their D starters as I see Stingley, their #1 from last season out there. Good that they get a chance to play vs Miami's #1 offense.

I figure they would play Offensive starters if Stroud is in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad