NFL GDT: 2023 NFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
lol, Stetson Bennett.

Georgia players are good bets, sure, and as the qb of the last two national champions, he should be drafted. But he’s a spring leaguer.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
This is a good pick as @Tony Romo and I were talking about. You bet on some upside because he has less touches.
RB1 for that team by the end of the year. Can’t speak about how great of a guy he is.

Went to Herman to play RB when everyone got hurt, didn’t transfer and was the leader of the team as a back up. He’s gonna be good

I need Jerry Jones grand son to be half as good as Howie Roseman, I lost my faith in Stephen already

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
lol, Stetson Bennett.

Georgia players are good bets, sure, and as the qb of the last two national champions, he should be drafted. But he’s a spring leaguer.

NFL Camp arm first and then a practice squad guy for a couple years before he finally gives up pursuit and ends up a spring leaguer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NFL Camp arm first and then a practice squad guy for a couple years before he finally gives up pursuit and ends up a spring leaguer.
Or a coach. To draft him they have to think more of him than a camp arm though. Stafford is the only other QB they have signed.

Saints traded up and took Haener.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Don't understand Vikings picking a S there. Are you keeping 5? Already have Smith and Bynum, spent a 1st on Cine last year and Metellus is your ST ace who didn't look completely out of place when forced to play D last year.

Why not someone like To'o'To'o? You starting ILBs are Jordan Hicks, who sucked last year and 2nd year unknown Brian Asomoah. And behind them you have Troy Dye, William Kwenkeu and Troy Reeder. They need depth on the DL too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don't understand Vikings picking a S there. Are you keeping 5? Already have Smith and Bynum, spent a 1st on Cine last year and Metellus is your ST ace who didn't look completely out of place when forced to play D last year.

Why not someone like To'o'To'o? You starting ILBs are Jordan Hicks, who sucked last year and 2nd year unknown Brian Asomoah. And behind them you have Troy Dye, William Kwenkeu and Troy Reeder. They need depth on the DL too.
You get to round 5, you’re just picking dudes now. Either someone’s favorite guy, or the grade they gave him was too much to overlook at this stage.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Raiders took Aidan O’Connell from Purdue. Is he functional enough? He makes reads quick and decides quick because he lacks the mobility.

Browns took DTR. I guess that makes sense as a landing spot. He worked hard to overcome being more than a system QB.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
You get to round 5, you’re just picking dudes now. Either someone’s favorite guy, or the grade they gave him was too much to overlook at this stage.

It was the 4th round. And apparently he can play nickel which makes a little more sense.

I like the Roy pick they just made. Kwesi going with the ol' Spielman method of multiple players from the same schools.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You’re right on To’oTo’o, @DaaaaB's. Not drafted yet. I bombed that one. Just means someone gets a huge steal.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Packers take Sean Clifford, wow. He's older than Jordan Love, and I've never thought he was any good, doesn't look like he was projected to be drafted by a lot of sites either.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
From the Athletic's book, which has him as QB20 with a UDFA projection: Overall, Clifford throws well on the move and NFL teams love his toughness and smarts, but his current decision-making and ball placement are too inconsistent for what is required at the next level

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently Clifford was a top 30 visit for the Packers :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad