NFL GDT: 2023 NFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's going to be somewhat refreshing that the Vikings aren't going to have a ton of picks due to trade downs for the first time since like the Childress era (remember their being a couple 5 pick years.) Trending towards 6 this year.

Spielman loved trying to have "at least 10." He hated competing for UDFAs. And Kwesi traded down a bunch last year too. This year, traded their 2nd for Hock, 4th to move up last year (got a 4th back in Hock trade though) 6th for Blacklock and 7th in a Stephen Weatherly trade a few years ago. Then moved down twice and up once this weekend.

For starters all of those guys can't make your team can't make your sometimes you need quality over quantity.
Also it'll make my draft reviews 3 years down the line a lot shorter :laugh:
Realistically around 1/3 or more of guys taken in rounds 5-7 end up on the PS. Probably best to swap a couple of those guys for someone who can make your 53 man roster. At some point the scouts need to have conviction that someone post round 2 can make an impact.

I’d say every other year is when you want those 10 pick drafts.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1682801633053.png
1682802081511.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I'm thinking Titans go Safety or ILB with their last pick,not sure who though

Most 7th rounders are Practice Squad players...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dallas drafted Deuce Vaughn. Looking for a Darren Sproles.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You’re right on To’oTo’o, @DaaaaB's. Not drafted yet. I bombed that one. Just means someone gets a huge steal.
I wasn't the one who called you out on taking him that early but I do remember saying that his stock had been dropping a lot since the season ended or something along those lines.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wasn't the one who called you out on taking him that early but I do remember saying that his stock had been dropping a lot since the season ended or something along those lines.
I had been seeing him going up, saints usually like guys like that.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Philadelphia and Seattle are my 2 big winners. For the Eagles, it's borderline unfair that a team who just made the SB could have a draft that great. Meanwhile, we knew the Seahawks had all that capital from the Wilson trade, and they used it well in this draft.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Philadelphia and Seattle are my 2 big winners. For the Eagles, it's borderline unfair that a team who just made the SB could have a draft that great. Meanwhile, we knew the Seahawks had all that capital from the Wilson trade, and they used it well in this draft.
With Philly, they had the structure and culture in place to take the gamble on Carter. Atl is too close to home. Chicago, don’t have the culture setters on D. Detroit, not yet. Seattle, bobby is back but older. Adams, will he stay healthy. Seattle also didn’t want to blow this high pick so wanted more of a sure thing. AZ, culture not set either. Thus enabling the Eagles to get Carter.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
With Philly, they had the structure and culture in place to take the gamble on Carter. Atl is too close to home. Chicago, don’t have the culture setters on D. Detroit, not yet. Seattle, bobby is back but older. Adams, will he stay healthy. Seattle also didn’t want to blow this high pick so wanted more of a sure thing. AZ, culture not set either. Thus enabling the Eagles to get Carter.
Good points about Carter. It's not just him though. Adding his Georgia teammates Smith and Ringo were other good selections.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good points about Carter. It's not just him though. Adding his Georgia teammates Smith and Ringo were other good selections.
Smith is a 6’2 238 edge. More fitting a 3/4 scheme or a rotational role in a 4/3 scheme. Think Philly has the depth to work him in slowly as he gains a bit of mass to 250 lbs or they have plans to play him as a 4/3 LB.

Ringo has great size for an CB and in early mocks in March was mocked in the first round on multiple sites. Fell to round 4. Will need work but has potential. At worst if his coverage skills don’t improved he has the skill set to transition to S.

Reactions: LightningStorm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad