2023 Kraken Training Camp Thread

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Is Wright starting in Coachella Valley or do you guys think he has a shot at cracking the line up? I saw the league granted an exemption for him to play in the AHL. I applaud that decision.
I think he starts in Seattle but if he struggles then they will send him down

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
A. Potnotevengoingtotrytospellhislastname with a Kraken goal.
ESPN a online is barely covering this game and NHL.com is only slightly better.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Bright spot of the game. 6'8 myers getting shoved on his rear by 5'8 yamamoto.

A. Potnotevengoingtotrytospellhislastname with a Kraken goal.
ESPN a online is barely covering this game and NHL.com is only slightly better.
Thats mostly cause its at a non NHL rink so the API doesn't exactly work great.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
From the coverage it seems that Tolvanen - Wright - Bjorkstrand had a good night. Is that a plausible starting line for Wright, freeing up Gourde for another line?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
But we have Berniers and he'll be Great in no time flat

I love Beniers and think he'll be great for us (hopefullly)for a very long time.

Though, I have him comparable to a guy like Jonathan Toews which is a great 200 feet center(Toews would've won more than one Selke if it wasn't for Bergeron) with a good(but not great) offensive game.

So more like a 70 - 80 point player that could win a couple of Selke trophies.

McDavid, offensively, is just a whole different beast.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Nothing super surprising there, honestly. Given a player like Sokolov cleared waivers the other day, I'm inclined to think Lind will clear.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Nothing super surprising there, honestly. Given a player like Sokolov cleared waivers the other day, I'm inclined to think Lind will clear.

I was thinking it was Shore and Lind had an outside chance to push for spots. Now, we still have Wright, Kartye, Hayden still at camp pushing for those spots.. am I missing anybody?

On D, is it just Evans, Ottavainen and (maybe) Seppala? Anybody know?

Of course, the goalie situation... that's still a thing.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I was thinking it was Shore and Lind had an outside chance to push for spots. Now, we still have Wright, Kartye, Hayden still at camp pushing for those spots.. am I missing anybody?

On D, is it just Evans, Ottavainen and (maybe) Seppala? Anybody know?

Of course, the goalie situation... that's still a thing.
Is there any chance Megna gets cut?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Cale wasn't impressive at all at camp and didn't get a lot of ice time last season.
-----------------------------------
Remaining players in camp 4 more cuts to go.

1696539588197.png

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

Maybe? Megna, I'm not sure he has earned the spot, but then again, maybe he has what Hak is looking for. With the others, I like Evans, but I think you run with Fleury again as 7. He's looked pretty good in pre-season.
Cale wasn't impressive at all at camp and didn't get a lot of ice time last season.
-----------------------------------
Remaining players in camp 4 more cuts to go.

View attachment 749268

The games I'm watching Fleury has been noticeably improved. I'm not going to "camp" but I'm watching the games and he's had fantastic positioning defensively in most situations, which wasn't the case last year and he has been working well offensively, crisp passes etc, granted I say that and Hakstol and co. could definitely see more than I do.

As for the list. Thanks for posting that.

Looks like they have to trim 4. That's a tough choice for sure. I figure you have the following battles:

Driedger and Daccord
Megna, Evans and Fleury
Wright, Kartye and Hayden.

Half of those guys will get to stick around. That's really not so bad. 1 G, 1 D and 2 F would be my preference. I have NO EARTHLY CLUE about G, but I figure they'll go with one of Megna and Fleury for D. As for forward. lol. No clue really. All have their positives. I think Hayden has a toughness that Hakstol favors, so I half expect him to be one of them for that reason alone. They can rely on him when the need is anticipated. He also plays C and RW. A little more versatility.

Either way, it's a fantastic problem to have.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Whats your best guess at opening lineup and PP1?

Not going to pretend to be anything more than a guy with an opinion and gstommylee is going to hate it:

McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Wennberg-Burakovsky
Bjorkstrand-Gourde-Tolvanen
Tanev-Bellemarre-Yamamoto
Kartye, Hayden

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Schultz
Dumoulin-Borgen
Fleury

Grubauer
Daccord

I still think there's an off-chance that they do something different with Tolvanen and it changes literally everything. if they do, it means I was entirely wrong about who is staying in Seattle.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Not going to pretend to be anything more than a guy with an opinion and gstommylee is going to hate it:

McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Wennberg-Burakovsky
Bjorkstrand-Gourde-Tolvanen
Tanev-Bellemarre-Yamamoto
Kartye, Hayden

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Schultz
Dumoulin-Borgen
Fleury

Grubauer
Daccord

I still think there's an off-chance that they do something different with Tolvanen and it changes literally everything. if they do, it means I was entirely wrong about who is staying in Seattle.

I actually agree with the forwards you listed. Blueline is fleury or megna for me. Goalies wise eh at this point it doesn't matter if daccord is the back up he's the backup.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I actually agree with the forwards you listed. Blueline is fleury or megna for me. Goalies wise eh at this point it doesn't matter if daccord is the back up he's the backup.

Yeah. The backup goalie situation isn’t the worst. I mean I’d send Driedger down if they were perfectly even just because he’s likely to clear and we’ve got amazing depth at goalie then. I don’t think Daccord clears though. After the Calder Cup run, I think a bunch of teams would take a chance on him over their backup. Hell, even good teams. Either way we probably have the best 3rd goalie in the league if either clears.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yeah. The backup goalie situation isn’t the worst. I mean I’d send Driedger down if they were perfectly even just because he’s likely to clear and we’ve got amazing depth at goalie then. I don’t think Daccord clears though. After the Calder Cup run, I think a bunch of teams would take a chance on him over their backup. Hell, even good teams. Either way we probably have the best 3rd goalie in the league if either clears.

At this point eh its gonna work out or its won't regardless of who the back up is. I'm more off right now just waiting for Seattle to hurry up an send wright to the AHL

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
At this point eh its gonna work out or its won't regardless of who the back up is. I'm more off right now just waiting for Seattle to hurry up an send wright to the AHL
They will send him. I think they could be keeping him to increase his confidence since he stayed with the team to start the season last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00