Speculation: 2023 Free Agency/Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Given the values out there so far for comparable players (Ghost and Nyquist/Granlund blendered value), I don't see why to blame Verbeek so far. The prices are shit unless you're a big defensive D and not like our assets have proved much outside Rico who is injured.

Better to hold on the cards for now

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
View attachment 660473

Wernt we in on Zaitsev? I mean we should be on anything and everything if it involves getting assets
I'm all for adding assets. It makes sense to get something for guys who won't be returning. But when you talk about players who are under team control those assets have to have more value than what they actually bring to the team. Something that gets ignored or understated way to much IMO.
As to my point Regarding PV not adding these cap dumps, could it suggest that the returns, to PV, do not justify what they would add to the team and potentially limit him in the future? Imo there is 2 reasons he hasn't added cap dumps, either he's not actually trying to ice a team filled with scraps to sell or he's asking for too much and keeps overplaying his hand. There is clearly a limit to how much he's willing to take on and for what price.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm all for adding assets. It makes sense to get something for guys who won't be returning. But when you talk about players who are under team control those assets have to have more value than what they actually bring to the team. Something that gets ignored or understated way to much IMO.
As to my point Regarding PV not adding these cap dumps, could it suggest that the returns, to PV, do not justify what they would add to the team and potentially limit him in the future? Imo there is 2 reasons he hasn't added cap dumps, either he's not actually trying to ice a team filled with scraps to sell or he's asking for too much and keeps overplaying his hand. There is clearly a limit to how much he's willing to take on and for what price.
well he has gone on record (I believe) that he wants to weaponize cap space so if I had to choose between your two reasons I'd take door #2.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He's also said he expected the team to be around .500. Which PV is to be believed?

The answer is sure.

sure-air-quotes.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Yemeth
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I have a hard time believing Colorado is dumb enough to think Eller is their top 6 solution.
I don’t think they think they have a top 6 problem. At least publicly they seem content with what they have and adding Eller kind of indicates that.

Honestly, if guys of that calibre are going for a second I see zero reason to deal Rico. He’d go for a second next year, too.

Reactions: Duck Off

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I don’t think they think they have a top 6 problem. At least publicly they seem content with what they have and adding Eller kind of indicates that.

Honestly, if guys of that calibre are going for a second I see zero reason to deal Rico. He’d go for a second next year, too.
I mean they only have 9 more even strength goals than we do. Unless they think they've just been unlucky or that it will suddenly fix itself, they should want to improve that.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Every hour that passes makes it seem that most of the buyers are almost done shopping.

I think our only hope might be:

-Klingberg (50%), Comtois, 2nd (BOS) to the Wild for Greenway, 1st

-Kulikov, Stolarz to the Knights for 3rd, AHL guy like Pachal

-Henrique (50%), Shatt (50%) to the AVS for 1st, Middleton

-Gibson, Grant, Vaak, 3rd (MIN) for 1st, Kuznetzov, Ciona, Markstrom

Dream scenario with a ton a 1sts haha… then I agree with Dirk… sign some thugs to short term deals… Schenn, Lemiuex, even lunch pail guys like Burrows, Clifton, etc.

Reactions: mighty Stanley Duck
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I mean they only have 9 more even strength goals than we do. Unless they think they've just been unlucky or that it will suddenly fix itself, they should want to improve that.
In terms of fixing itself, getting Landeskog back will probably help on top of the others getting and staying healthy. And the other five guys aren’t the problem, so I’m not sure there’s gonna be urgency to add a top six guy. They surely could, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re mostly looking at depth scoring

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Every hour that passes makes it seem that most of the buyers are almost done shopping.

I think our only hope might be:

-Klingberg (50%), Comtois, 2nd (BOS) to the Wild for Greenway, 1st

-Kulikov, Stolarz to the Knights for 3rd, AHL guy like Pachal

-Henrique (50%), Shatt (50%) to the AVS for 1st, Middleton

-Gibson, Grant, Vaak, 3rd (MIN) for 1st, Kuznetzov, Ciona, Markstrom

Dream scenario with a ton a 1sts haha… then I agree with Dirk… sign some thugs to short term deals… Schenn, Lemiuex, even lunch pail guys like Burrows, Clifton, etc.
Lol I’d love it. We would tank so hard and could really afford to move up in the draft and try to get another top 10.

I would then look to go big in free agency because we will have so many rfas that will put us in a great cap space for a long time.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I choose to believe the actions rather than the words.
So he hasn't added a single dump player or brokered any 3 team deals for cap retention or traded any player who wasn't a UFA. We have so little information I don't know how any of us can come to any conclusions as to what he is actually planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad