Speculation: 2023 Free Agency/Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Might not be exactly what Anaheim is looking for, but thoughts on a Sharangovich for Henrique @ 50% retention?

The one flaw here from a Devils perspective is Fitzgerald doesn’t seem like he wants to mess too much with the roster. That being said, Sharangovich is the one player that hasn’t really found his footing this year, although he has been solid on the PK with respectable offensive numbers. Not sure if the Devils will keep him around this year as money will get a little tight after extensions to Bratt/Meier.

The logic behind it is they are similar players. Ducks get a replacement for Henrique that fits in with the age group of their core. Devils would get a similar player to Sharangovich that is more of a proven veteran asset for the playoffs. If there’s enough retention, Henrique would be signed cheaper next year than what the Devils would likely pay Sharangovich.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Might not be exactly what Anaheim is looking for, but thoughts on a Sharangovich for Henrique @ 50% retention?

The one flaw here from a Devils perspective is Fitzgerald doesn’t seem like he wants to mess too much with the roster. That being said, Sharangovich is the one player that hasn’t really found his footing this year, although he has been solid on the PK with respectable offensive numbers. Not sure if the Devils will keep him around this year as money will get a little tight after extensions to Bratt/Meier.

The logic behind it is they are similar players. Ducks get a replacement for Henrique that fits in with the age group of their core. Devils would get a similar player to Sharangovich that is more of a proven veteran asset for the playoffs. If there’s enough retention, Henrique would be signed cheaper next year than what the Devils would likely pay Sharangovich.
If we're retaining 50%, then I'd want at least a 2nd on top of Sharangovich.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022

Toss in a pick and I'd do it, I like Sharangovich

Reactions: Zegras11

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Every hour that passes makes it seem that most of the buyers are almost done shopping.

I think our only hope might be:

-Klingberg (50%), Comtois, 2nd (BOS) to the Wild for Greenway, 1st

-Kulikov, Stolarz to the Knights for 3rd, AHL guy like Pachal

-Henrique (50%), Shatt (50%) to the AVS for 1st, Middleton

-Gibson, Grant, Vaak, 3rd (MIN) for 1st, Kuznetzov, Ciona, Markstrom

Dream scenario with a ton a 1sts haha… then I agree with Dirk… sign some thugs to short term deals… Schenn, Lemiuex, even lunch pail guys like Burrows, Clifton, etc.
Those are reasonable trade scenarios, which probably means nothing happens :D.

• Haha
Reactions: cheesymc

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Guess my hopes are
Kulikov for 4th
Grant for 4th
Klingberg for 2nd (w/ retention + dump)
Henrique for 1st (w/ retention + dump)
Stolarz for 5th

I could see someone like comtois having a decent market.

Outside of that I would love to see us take a contract or 2 back for assets, but might be easier to do that kinda thing on draft day.

Wouldn’t mind if a team put in a serious offer on gibson… at this point I’d be happy with what we gave Andersen up for

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If we're retaining 50%, then I'd want at least a 2nd on top of Sharangovich.
Toss in a pick and I'd do it, I like Sharangovich
Not sure if I would add to Sharangovich in all honesty in that trade. Would probably hope the value of getting a younger Henrique in him would offset the cost of retention.

Maybe throw in a third if Kulikov came back for depth and it’s one stop shipping.

Again I doubt it happens. Was just an interesting framework of a deal that came to mind.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Me still hoping we can get a 1st this week:

1677768954762.png

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Boy, Verbeeks first full season isn’t exactly getting me fired up for the future

Reactions: bsu

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This is the most amount of trades and first round picks moved ahead of the deadline that I can ever remember. Unbelievable amount of action

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Man that Boston line up is disgusting(assuming hall comes back)
Marchand-Bergeron-Bertuzzi
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Hall-Zacha-Coyle
Foligno-Frederic-Hathaway

Orlov Mcavoy
Lindholm Carlo
Gryz Clifton
Forbort zboril

Ullmark and swayman

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Its crazy that this many 1sts have been moved, especially from the 2023 draft that everyone is hyping as the best since 2015. I remember in deep drafts in the past where 1st rounders were valued way more.

The Ducks have to get another 1st in this draft.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its crazy that this many 1sts have been moved, especially from the 2023 draft that everyone is hyping as the best since 2015. I remember in deep drafts in the past where 1st rounders were valued way more.

The Ducks have to get another 1st in this draft.

The only way I see it happening is if Vebeek takes on a cap dump contract in a Klingberg deal. Similar to what we did to get a 1st for Kase, by taking on Backes. I mean not really similar, but same idea.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The universe of teams that need a Klingberg type is dwindling quickly. Landing a 2nd would be a win at this point.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Our Boston picks are going to be so low (as I said before). Grimes.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad