Speculation: 2023-24 Sharks Roster Discussion

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Nico Sturm is so delightfully German in his answers:

How do you see the team's prospects for the coming season? What gives you hope that things will get better for the team in terms of sport in the near future?

“We have to compete with a different team next season because it's obvious that the current squad doesn't work like that. This is where management comes into play. We simply need more winners in the squad.”

I love how the reporter is like, “excited about the prospects?” And Nico is like, “we need to remove all losers from the team, only then will we triumph.”

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

How do you see the team's prospects for the coming season? What gives you hope that things will get better for the team in terms of sport in the near future?

“We have to compete with a different team next season because it's obvious that the current squad doesn't work like that. This is where management comes into play. We simply need more winners in the squad.”

I love how the reporter is like, “excited about the prospects?” And Nico is like, “we need to remove all losers from the team, only then will we triumph.”
I want to make a poor taste WW2 joke so bad.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

1242049.jpg

sharski

Jun 4, 2012

Sturm: "I will not tolerate players that think it's about them when it's about the team. We cannot make decisions that cost the team and then come off the ice and it's nonchalant. No. You know what? This is how I believe, okay? I'm from the old school. I believe this: I would rather play with 5 people and just get penalized all the way until we gotta do something else. Rather than play with 6 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be part of this team. It is more about them then it is about the team. Cannot play with em. Cannot win with em. Cannot coach with em. Can't do it. I WANT WINNERS. I WANT PEOPLE THAT WANT TO WIN."

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sturm: "I will not tolerate players that think it's about them when it's about the team. We cannot make decisions that cost the team and then come off the ice and it's nonchalant. No. You know what? This is how I believe, okay? I'm from the old school. I believe this: I would rather play with 5 people and just get penalized all the way until we gotta do something else. Rather than play with 6 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be part of this team. It is more about them then it is about the team. Cannot play with em. Cannot win with em. Cannot coach with em. Can't do it. I WANT WINNERS. I WANT PEOPLE THAT WANT TO WIN."
Good use of anaphora here. I like the whole "I'd rather play with 5 committed grinders than 6 selfish superstars".

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It’s absolutely wild how many injuries the Sharks have had this year. Every game, a player goes down.

Anyway, I really can’t see a world where the Sharks catch up to Chicago at this point. I mean if there’s one team that’ll suddenly ruin their own tank by going on a 6 game winning streak it’s us, but I just don’t think the talent can do it.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It’s absolutely wild how many injuries the Sharks have had this year. Every game, a player goes down.

Anyway, I really can’t see a world where the Sharks catch up to Chicago at this point. I mean if there’s one team that’ll suddenly ruin their own tank by going on a 6 game winning streak it’s us, but I just don’t think the talent can do it.
Magic number is 15... so as long as we lose OR they win 7 more games combined, and either team has one OTL, we've clinched it. Not long now. Was huge to give them 4 points on the year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If we can convince Toffoli to sign here by offering him the Killorn contract...

Kostin - Granlund - Zetterlund
Eklund - Smith - Toffoli
Musty - Sturm - Kunin
Zadina - Carpenter - Bailey

Ferraro - Emberson
Vlasic - Benning
Mukhamadullin - Rutta

Blackwood
Vanecek

Still bad enough to land a top five pick but with enough insulation to protect Smith, Mukhamadullin and Musty if he makes it past 9 games.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

Eklund - Smith - Toffoli
Musty - Sturm - Kunin

Ferraro - Emberson
Vlasic - Benning
Mukhamadullin - Rutta

Blackwood
Vanecek

Still bad enough to land a top five pick but with enough insulation to protect Smith, Mukhamadullin and Musty if he makes it past 9 games.
Still no faith in Bords, eh?

• Wow

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Eklund - Smith - Toffoli
Musty - Sturm - Kunin

Ferraro - Emberson
Vlasic - Benning
Mukhamadullin - Rutta

Blackwood
Vanecek

I’d put in Bordeleau over Kunin, and sign a 3C so Sturm can play 4C. Kunin over Bailey, probably. Bordeleau has come back a superior player. We’ll see if he can keep it up, but he’s at least earned a chance to play next year, the progress is significant.

Otherwise, I don’t hate it.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I’d put in Bordeleau over Kunin, and sign a 3C so Sturm can play 4C. Kunin over Bailey, probably. Bordeleau has come back a superior player. We’ll see if he can keep it up, but he’s at least earned a chance to play next year, the progress is significant.

The 3C will be signed to an ELC after his freshman year are BU.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Bailey is really just depth filler we're playing because we don't actually have better options. I don't really expect him back next year, maybe with the Cuda (ideally that's where he stays, I think he could really help them). Same with Carpenter.

Reactions: Jargon

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Bailey is really just depth filler we're playing because we don't actually have better options. I don't really expect him back next year, maybe with the Cuda (ideally that's where he stays, I think he could really help them). Same with Carpenter.

I do like Bailey, it’s like… if he only had a bit
more skill, he’d be an intriguing player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad