GDT: 2023-24 season game 8 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:30pm 10/28/23

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
That was close but expected. That 4 min pp was embarrassing.
What Vegas PK threw at the Kings PP was like a monkey wrench in the engine. Kings zone entries were not good and they weren't coming up with ways to adjust. Once they do get the puck in the zone, they created some time with movement and quick passes. Problem was it all on the perimeter and some poor shot selections. I think Kempe, Kaliyez and Doughty have good shots, but they weren't being setup enough for shots or one-timers. Fiala/Dubois have to have more offensive impact on the Kings PP's. I think even Kopitar is a culprit in not shooting the puck when he has a chance. I mustn't forget Moore has a good shot as well. He needs to be setup on the PP to use his good shot too.

Disappointing loss against a good team. Kempe's ice cold. You don't expect the team to go undefeated, but damn it sucks to lose when doing the same thing (overly depending on vets). Why wouldn't Byfield, one of the team's fastest skaters, be out on the ice during 3-on-3? Why doesn't Laferriere get a chance for his hard work?
Because TMac can be stubborn with taking advantage of some of the younger forwards skill sets.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Kinda scary how much Kopitar at his age is such a proponent of whether or not the Kings win.

PLD looks so disengaged.

Kings give up odd man rushes way too often.
Par for the course. Get ready for trade talks by x-mas. He's a clown

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would rather have lost one to AZ if it meant we beat VGK.

Kings have yet to beat a playoff contender. That's what has me so irked. 5 of 6 points is nice but it's just the last two years all over again with the same issues.

You can't simply overpower contenders like you can weaker teams.

2 goals against the avs. 2 against boston. 3 against vgk. 5 against Carolina was nice but you realize they were bleeding goals for that stretch and we were outscored by lesser teams too.

3gf/g, nearly 5 given up per game vs. actual contenders, sure, peel back the SOG and it's 'only' 4.25.

Just raw not good enough on either side of the puck. Wake me up when we beat someone meaningful and the big salaries outside of Doughty make an appearance.

Ducks are one game back despite playing all the kids in the world. Has to be super embarrassing to be spending this much money on a team for this.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
As frustrating/maddening it is to all of us, nobody should be surprised by the OT player usage. We have 5 years of data on this. Nothing has changed with TM when it comes to who plays and who does not in OT.
Comedy Real Life | Joseph Scrimshaw

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings have yet to beat a playoff contender. That's what has me so irked. 5 of 6 points is nice but it's just the last two years all over again with the same issues.
This is my biggest disappointment - Kings have beaten teams with a combined record of 10-10-3 (10-6-3 if you want to remove their losses against LA) and lost to teams with a combined record of 26-5-2 (22-5-2 if you remove the 4 wins against LA.

They're beating on average teams, but again, we knew they would.

Their no-quit attitude the past couple days is inspiring, but they need to play better against the good teams, because they won't win the division losing to the top teams consistently, and you can generally only expect to possibly meet an average team in the first round.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I'll take it for a back2back game. It's great to see Byfield playing like this, just keep it up. Doughty looks possessed, love seeing him play vintage. We have the depth to hang with a team like Vegas, so that's encouraging. They're extremely well rounded. I could nitpick about some stuff but its still early. I can't believe LV didn't score in OT on the PP. And how satisfying is it to see our 4th line perform so well? Its been ages since we've had depth down there.

Reactions: aceofpace

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I'll take it for a back2back game. It's great to see Byfield playing like this, just keep it up. Doughty looks possessed, love seeing him play vintage. We have the depth to hang with a team like Vegas, so that's encouraging. They're extremely well rounded. I could nitpick about some stuff but its still early. I can't believe LV didn't score in OT on the PP. And how satisfying is it to see our 4th line perform so well? Its been ages since we've had depth down there.
It’s the same story all over again, isn’t it though?

The sharp (expensive) end of the roster under performing against contenders, while the meat of the roster performs as good or better than you’d expect. Drew has had a bit of a resurgence the last few games, but we all know that he simply can’t play that way for 82 games plus a playoff round at his age.

Shackled to an expensive mediocrity with this roster makeup.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I have never seen a more perfect acquisition for the kings than pierre luc dubois. With our 50 year + history of malcontents, castoffs, over the hill vets and general non performers this guy was a natural trade target. Our franchises long history of being a poor achievers paradise makes pld a lock. With the exception of 3 seasons in the oughts i often wondered if the kings were an income tax write off for the nhl

Reactions: GameNight

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I have watched alot of pld and he is truly the poster boy for those with the most talent have the least drive and those with the least talent have the most drive.
Move him to first line wing where he can float around and be generally as uninvolved and low effort as ever

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
I think the pld situation is half fiala's fault for playing like a chicken with its head cut off. I believe it'll iron itself out

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Would rather have lost one to AZ if it meant we beat VGK.

You can't simply overpower contenders like you can weaker teams.

2 goals against the avs. 2 against boston. 3 against vgk. 5 against Carolina was nice but you realize they were bleeding goals for that stretch and we were outscored by lesser teams too.

3gf/g, nearly 5 given up per game vs. actual contenders, sure, peel back the SOG and it's 'only' 4.25.

Just raw not good enough on either side of the puck. Wake me up when we beat someone meaningful and the big salaries outside of Doughty make an appearance.

Ducks are one game back despite playing all the kids in the world. Has to be super embarrassing to be spending this much money on a team for this.
I need you to define a "playoff contender". A team playing games in the regular season is a "playoff contender", because once a team is playing games it is a contender for a playoff spot.

The same logic applies, amirite? :)

Well, if it doesn't work out its only 7 more years.
C'mon we're lucky to have BLuc running this franchise.

Well, at least I got to see the Kings win two Stanley Cups in my lifetime.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I want to see more of a short tempered cry baby PLD.

He's been too chill. He's bigger and stronger than Matthew Tkachuk; start playing like it.

82912397-2f28-43d2-9ad6-2285fa57c4a8-USATSI_13675427.jpg

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Here is the thing. When you play a high tempo and open up the offensive attack, you also make yourself vulnerable defensively. The Kings could really use another pure top 4 d-man.
I expect Blake will peddle some of the youngsters to get that Top 4 D-man and maybe a Goaltender probably at TDL or January whenever it doesn't look good for the Kings

No way Nickelback is playing...they got the System pumping it out!!!!They'd freeze their little ones,LOL

Oops thought I was on the Edmonton site,sorry...was watching the Heritage Classic in Edmonton...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00