GDT: 2023-24 season game 76 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 4/4/24

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Rode the vets into the ground for an unimpressive win against the worst team in the league, so unsurprising. But Akil with the GWG still gives us good vibes tonight.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
No probably not.. but Id still take that over PLD 8 x 8.5.. and thats pretty sad.

yeah, I was willing to give the guy a year to get into the kings system, but man does he look bad most nights, then he has 3 games that are ok. 7 more years to find out which guy shows up the remainder of the contract. ugh.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Rode the vets into the ground for an unimpressive win against the worst team in the league, so unsurprising. But Akil with the GWG still gives us good vibes tonight.
That might be the Hennessy

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Thomas with 8:54 TOI.
Lizzo with over 18:34. Never thought I'd ever see that.
I'd give LaZit away for nothing he's not very good at anything except falling down and skating fast or is it the other way around...skating fast and falling down...at least 10-20 times a game

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
PL has had a rough year, but since the All Star break, he’s among the team leaders in points and a few other stats while playing less minutes than most. Laf with a rough stretch. Of course, this is just looking at stats and not getting into the advanced. Doesn’t count tonight’s game.

Attachments

• IMG_1833.png
    IMG_1833.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 1

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
surely they're just gonna flip the switch when the playoffs start, right guys? right?
I've seen crazier things than a team with a season like ours going on run but you've got to imagine the Kings might be the biggest underdog in the playoffs if they started tomorrow. Getting another win against Vancouver and winning out against bottom feeders might give them an extra boost but I'm not very confident in this group unfortunately.

I don't want Blake at the helm but I'd also like to see some spring magic. Winning a round likely means he will be back but I just can't bring myself to not hope for the best.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Would you say it would be extremely early to get out of a rebuild?

Because Blake exited his in 2.5 seasons.

Possibly, but San Jose literally has zero of the pieces that LA did....

I looked into it. They've been shitty for 5 seasons now, but only had top 10 picks in '21 and '23. (Ecklund, Smith)

View attachment 846445

Yep, they didn't trade Karlsson until last year along with Meier, that started their rebuild

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What pieces did they get in the rebuild that warranted exiting it in 2.5 seasons?

Well, they had....Doughty, Kopitar, Kempe, Roy, when they started the rebuild, they added Andersson, Clarke, Spence, Moore, Byfield,

SJ started their rebuild last year, tell me what NHL players they actually have? I mean they are literally completely different situations, let's not compare them like they are the same.

Reactions: YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad