Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
"Let's hope that missed opportunity isn't a deciding factor."
1499149425246.jpg

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
3 and 11 in OT, and you still running the Koala OT pairs.. thats a lot of points left on the table

I want to know why Gav was leading the rush without the puck, and then goes offsides.
Ya. saw that.. but Danault passed into his skates. Why they so f-ing scared to put out Clarke.. TALENT.. they are talent phobic

The refs were shit tonite.. was not even at all. They gave us one they couldve called on DD otherwise they robbed us at least 3

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't want to give up anymore assets for a black hole team, but this team desperately needs right-shot goal-scorer inserted into the lineup to balance things up and increase the offensive chances. You have a converted left shot center with 1 career goal in 25 games playing with the teams two best offensive players, it just makes no sense. And taking nothing away from Turcotte, he has earned a roster spot way over guys like JAD, Lewis and Lizotte, but lets get guys into spots where they are maximized.

Byfield - Kopitar - Fagemo
Moore- Danault - Fiala
Turcotte - PLD - Lafierriere

It seems like Clarke is only in the lineup for PP and in-case they are behind in the 3rd and need instant offense, it still seems odd to me to not play him more when you are missing so much offense, but I'm guessing they feel hes not helping the grind it out defense first style they are trying to play now.

I want to know why Gav was leading the rush without the puck, and then goes offsides.

The better question is, why is he out there in OT to begin with? I think he's an excellent defenseman, but 3 on 3 is not exactly the type of game where he is best used.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
With the way they still roll out the 1-3-1 and how they refuse to play Byfield in OT, I wonder if BLuc are making the coaching decisions.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I'm trying to understand Fialas thought process chirping the ref after the game. An opponent water skis behind him in the neutral zone with no call and then he does the exact same thing 5 seconds later and of course it gets called. Did he think the ref owed him one? Never in a zillion years.

Dubois and Fiala continue to concern me. Both guys are so talented but continue to do a lot of things that defy all fundamentals of the game and I'm scared to death to see them pull these kinds of penalties, line changes, no look passes, egregious off sides in a playoff game.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don't want to give up anymore assets for a black hole team, but this team desperately needs right-shot goal-scorer inserted into the lineup to balance things up and increase the offensive chances. You have a converted left shot center with 1 career goal in 25 games playing with the teams two best offensive players, it just makes no sense. And taking nothing away from Turcotte, he has earned a roster spot way over guys like JAD, Lewis and Lizotte, but lets get guys into spots where they are maximized.

Moore- Danault - Fiala

It seems like Clarke is only in the lineup for PP and in-case they are behind in the 3rd and need instant offense, it still seems odd to me to not play him more when you are missing so much offense, but I'm guessing they feel hes not helping the grind it out defense first style they are trying to play now.

The better question is, why is he out there in OT to begin with? I think he's an excellent defenseman, but 3 on 3 is not exactly the type of game where he is best used.

I was was just as surprised. Where was Clarke? They looked like they were playing not to lose in OT. And they lost every draw in OT.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Im fine with the 11/7 - they seem to be playing better using this approach with all these guys out - injecting a top 6 fwd onto the 4th line.. ups the overall talent level. They just need to stop being pansies and unleash Clarke.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Im fine with the 11/7 - they seem to be playing better using this approach with all these guys out - injecting a top 6 fwd onto the 4th line.. ups the overall talent level. They just need to stop being pansies and unleash Clarke.

yeah, only a little over 3 min after 2. Ended up with 9 plus.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Moore- Danault - Fiala

this is why i really, really hope AEG pulls the plug on the FO, coaches and all in the offseason

got all sorts of weapons in the cache but they're too scared to bring them outside. i know not all of these guys are capable of playing a loose high skill game but i can guarantee they'll buy into trying it at this point

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The refs were crappy tonight

We were crappy tonight

Byfield had his worst game in sometime. Could be why he did not see OT

What happened in the face off dot?

Cam wants the last one back but overall had another solid game.

A guy like Bjugstad would really change the complexion of this team and he is obtainable not just this year but next. Allows our big guy down in the A another year to hone his craft.

Reactions: Fripp and LAKings88

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
With the way they still roll out the 1-3-1 and how they refuse to play Byfield in OT, I wonder if BLuc are making the coaching decisions.
Honestly it’s possible. And it’s important to mention that Bluc brought in Todd to have him play 1-3-1. They said so themselves.

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
7 min a night for clarke again. Crazy to me.
It's not that crazy if you consider the fact that management is inept at their jobs and don't want to play Clarke for fear that he'll hit his bonuses which has cap implications going forward and our genius GM has already spent all of his cap money on forwards, leaving no money to do anything else but overpay the Kings' 2024 1st round pick for another forward.

It makes total sense!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It's not that crazy if you consider the fact that management is inept at their jobs and don't want to play Clarke for fear that he'll hit his bonuses which has cap implications going forward and our genius GM has already spent all of his cap money on forwards, leaving no money to do anything else but overpay the Kings' 2024 1st round pick for another forward.

It makes total sense!
I can’t remember all the rules but can’t bonuses be deferred from a cap perspective? So any bonuses he hits can count against next years cap instead. Not ideal but it would mange this years issues. It may not apply in all contract situations though so maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can confirm if I’m correct.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I can’t remember all the rules but can’t bonuses be deferred from a cap perspective? So any bonuses he hits can count against next years cap instead. Not ideal but it would mange this years issues. It may not apply in all contract situations though so maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can confirm if I’m correct.
It is possible, but that is why we are saying the cap is badly mismanaged. They are struggling with next seasons cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad