GDT: 2023-24 season game 58 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @6:00pm 2/27/24

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Maybe the Kings need to bring up Thomas,Chromiak and Madden or at least Fagemo

Thomas might help. Fagemo too potentially. With no Kempe, Arvidsson, or Grundstrom, I'd like to see this:

Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Moore - Kopitar - Laferriere
Fiala - Danault - Fagemo
Lizotte - Dubois - Thomas
Lewis, JAD

Doughty - Clarke
Gavrikov - Roy
Englund - Spence
Moverare

If Arvidsson and Kempe are out long term, we're either going big game hunting for a goalie or we're going to start selling guys like Roy.

LA scrub

Jan 10, 2024
I hate to say it but I feel like Gavrikov would take a trade out of town if it is to a playoff team. He seems to be demotivated with what he sees on this team and I think he just wants to try for a cup. We should try to unload him and Roy/Spence for picks or prospects.

I'm sure our plugs in Lewis, Englund, and Lizotte would also have some value around the league given how friendly their contracts are but knowing Blake that is a pipe dream.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
JAD continues his streak of being completely useless.

I use to be pretty high on JAD. Thought he could even wear a letter (way) down the road.

But his development has really stagnated the past few years and doesn't bring anything other than a warm body for the 4th line.

Do the coaches see what we all don't see it? I don't get it.

i-dont-get-it-clueless.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I use to be pretty high on JAD. Thought he could even wear a letter (way) down the road.

But his development has really stagnated the past few years and doesn't bring anything other than a warm body for the 4th line.

He just hasn't played a ton of hockey the last few years. He's basically sat for half the season for the past four years in a row. At this point, he's not worth playing.

Reactions: tbrown33

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Simply put, JAD is too bland

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Anyone noticing a certain tone from the commentators when talking about a PLD f*** up recently. It’s been a few games in a row now where Fox and even Stoll tonight sound like they want to say more but are biting their tongues. Maybe it’s just me.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Anyone noticing a certain tone from the commentators when talking about a PLD f*** up recently. It’s been a few games in a row now where Fox and even Stoll tonight sound like they want to say more but are biting their tongues. Maybe it’s just me.
PLD turns it over for a goal vs Edmonton and they just brush it off as Kings need to manage the puck better.
Kaliyev doesnt get the puck deep enough for a line change and we get a thesis from Fox.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
No clarke again eh? f*** me man. I guess coach thinks it more important for moverare to be seeing the ice

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Can we have Durzi and Vilardi back? Asking for a friend…
Vilardi 100%. Durzi - yes, but only if the coach puts him at 3RD and 1st unit PP QB and you trade Spence. Otherwise his net value is a minus in other assorted roles. No 2LD, 2RD, PK.. ie no braindead Koala deployments

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
If Blake were smart he’d go full firesale at the deadline and reload some picks and prospects. We have assets. Buy out PLD in the summer. Re-load for three years around Byfield and whatever wheat separates from the chaff. Really start pushing for the playoffs again once Kopitar and Doughty are gone in 27/28.

There’s nothing here. This team is dead. They had the makings of something these past two years, but Blake cocked it up. It’s over now. Let it die and reload around what’s still living.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
If Blake were smart he’d go full firesale at the deadline and reload some picks and prospects. We have assets. Buy out PLD in the summer. Re-load for three years around Byfield and whatever wheat separates from the chaff. Really start pushing for the playoffs again once Kopitar and Doughty are gone in 27/28.

There’s nothing here. This team is dead. They had the makings of something these past two years, but Blake cocked it up. It’s over now. Let it die and reload around what’s still living.
Based on Blakes past moves and his faulty assessment of what the team need over the summer, i cant imagine that he'd conjure up what you laid out which is the right way forward. And on top of that I think there's a good chance AEG has him chained to his desk and his company phone in airplane mode.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Send him to San Jose with a couple of picks for Hertl

They absolutely are if they bring in Hertl and send PLD out
All the picks they already traded away, and you want to trade away more picks? If anything they should try to acquire some picks.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Can add the Gavrikov total cost to the list of Blake's failures.
Everything they gave up to acquire him. And what it they gave up create cap space to resign him. I think he's a number 4 d men at best. This team still don't have a number 2 or a number 3 d men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad