GDT: 2023-24 season game 57 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:30pm 2/26/24

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Disappointing loss tonight. The Kings seam to have a mental struggle against the Oilers. The team has plenty of offense(maybe needs to regain their sandpaper scoring again), D is mostly solid, but to do some damage in the playoffs they really need a #1 goalie. Talbot/Rittich have done a better than expected job, but they shouldn't be the goalies carrying the team into the playoffs.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
No Kempe, no Arvidsson, No Anderson and no legit goalie but Blake will go all in for sure at the TDL. We can get a Kings ransom for Roy this TDL, but we'll hold on to him for the playoffs that we'll miss and he'll walk for nothing this summer lol

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Are u referring to JAD over Turcotte? I see Turcotte can make plays that JAD has no ability to...He would be an asset to 80 and 55 vs a boat anchor. To me that is actually our first line.

It's two left-shot players that are being put in scoring role and the two options as the third option appear to be two left shot players who can't score at the NHL level. Byfield has taken big strides this season and PLD has been a solid 2nd line producer most of his career, but these guys aren't going to be able to produce as a line with either one of those guys in that role. I'd like to see them give another look to Fagemo, he is a right hand shot and also is a better natural finisher than either of the other two.

I'd put Fagemo in for JAD and Old-Yeller Lewis and put Turcotte into his role, that lets everyone play to their strengths.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It's two left-shot players that are being put in scoring role and the two options as the third option appear to be two left shot players who can't score at the NHL level. Byfield has taken big strides this season and PLD has been a solid 2nd line producer most of his career, but these guys aren't going to be able to produce as a line with either one of those guys in that role. I'd like to see them give another look to Fagemo, he is a right hand shot and also is a better natural finisher than either of the other two.

I'd put Fagemo in for JAD and Old-Yeller Lewis and put Turcotte into his role, that lets everyone play to their strengths.
OK sure give Fagemo a shot he's never really gotten one. I guess the bottom line is none of the lines are clicking .. thats actually almost impossible to achieve.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The Kings are mid.

They don't suck, but they're not good either. Just mediocre. BORING.
They are still a good enough playoff team, but they should be upgrading their goaltending. You can't keep scraping by with Talbot/Rittich. Has the team not learned anything from when they had Quick?! Quick was a huge part of the reason they won 2 Cups! Obviously, you are not gonna find a Prime Quick type goalie, but they can certainly acquire a better goalie(you have to give to get!). And I'm not talking about an upgrade quick fix. They need to trade for a long term #1 goalie.

Reactions: GameNight

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Death, taxes, kings blowing a lead vs the oilers by playing prevent defense and losing special teams. Yawn. This could be the same thread from 2020 till now

Doughty Gavrikov just doesn’t work. Kings are going to have to figure something out with key players dropping like flies. If kempe is out now too…

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Re Kempe..
looks to me he slammed down on his elbow, which can be an elbow sprain or can f up your shoulder by shooting the arm bone into the shoulder socket

1709011342231.png

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Re Kempe..
looks to me he slammed down on his elbow, which can be an elbow sprain or can f up your shoulder by shooting the arm bone into the shoulder socket

View attachment 825822
Yeah like torn rotator cuff. Many folks back home get that slipping on the ice in the parking lot. Should always land on your ass, never ever put your arm out to break your fall

Reactions: AbsentMojo

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
You cant shut em down. You can only hope to contain em.
Gotta get pucks in deep
Gotta get back on d
Gotta finish our checks

Imout L8r

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've said it a million times but I just never understood the hype around this guy. He's done nothing of note at any point in his career to warrant his return and contract.
The biggest things of note about PLD:
1)Wanting to be traded multiple times.
2)Having the laziest shift of all time.

Those are the two things he's literally most known for.

You'd think those would be red flags, but the Kings seem to love him. They've wanted him for years. Going all the way back to his CBJ days.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00