GDT: 2023-24 season game 57 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:30pm 2/26/24

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GHRzyfNbEAAampO

Los Angeles Kings(29-17-10, 68pts, 4th in Pacific) vs Edmonton Oilers(33-20-2 68pts, 3rd in Pacific)
Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB
TIME: 6:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats

DWHR1DJ.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

FlyhRBs.png

NRz30nO.png

IFAzMXC.png

uaLJ1fm.png

Scratches: Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Jacob Moverare
Injuries: Viktor Arvidsson, Carl Grundstrom. Phoenix Copley, Mikey Anderson
Covid: N/A

:edmonton

MpgVGQO.png

6uq3TQ6.png

DT5ea6M.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Might be the biggest game of the year. the Oilers are struggling and a Kings win would step on their throat when they are weak in 4 point game.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
McDavid is such a f***ing baby, is there a more unlikeable group of players than this Oilers team? They rival the 2012 Canucks.
thats all the oilers need is burrows biting people to be complete.
lets beat thes jerks like rented mules

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
McDavid is such a f***ing baby, is there a more unlikeable group of players than this Oilers team? They rival the 2012 Canucks.
they really have aquired a bunch of twats. I don't find McDavid to be a baby, he gets penalized for shit. His teammates, rightfully, stick up for him if he is breathed on.

Leon, Kane, Nurse and Perry all can choke on a dick.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
I still don’t understand why Lizotte is in the 3rd line when Turcotte has proven he has chemistry with those two guys!

They have to be trying to showcase him in order to move him.. Other than that, it’s a lost opportunity to see what Turc and Q can do with PLD for the rest of the season
Agreed. It was also weird in the Nashville game Hiller put Turcotte with PLD and Byfield for 2-3 shifts and the line looked really good. Then he just threw Laferriere out there with PLD and Byfield the next shift and I don't think we saw Turcotte with them the rest of the game.

I'm liking Hiller for the most part but sometimes it feels like he's changing the lines up a bit too much (overthinking things). He made the correct original adjustment mid-game (which was putting Turcotte with 55 and 80 instead of Lizotte) and it looked like it was working well and then he just.... made another adjustment for seemingly no reason.

Hopefully we see those 3 reunited tonight

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
With how Edmonton played in Calgary and Hyman's reaction after. I think the oilers are going to come out very hard.
100% - They've also lost 3 in a row. Oilers are going to show up to play tonight. Should be a VERY good game assuming the Kings show up too.

Will also be a huge test for Clarke. Playing on his off side seemed like it worked fine vs Anaheim (I wasn't able to watch the game so I'm going off stats, game highlights, analytics, etc) but it'll be interesting to see how it works against a team like EDM with more firepower/game breakers.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I still don’t understand why Lizotte is in the 3rd line when Turcotte has proven he has chemistry with those two guys!

They have to be trying to showcase him in order to move him.. Other than that, it’s a lost opportunity to see what Turc and Q can do with PLD for the rest of the season
Lizotte does not seem right yet. I agree that it is not where I would put him or Turcotte. I like that Hiller has made some changes though,.

Spence I liked against the ducks. Has some nice breakouts (his pass to Kaliyev up the boards comes to mind) and was not noticeable on D.

Clarke scares me in the kings zone, but like that he is getting minutes to figure it out.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
100% - They've also lost 3 in a row. Oilers are going to show up to play tonight. Should be a VERY good game assuming the Kings show up too.

Will also be a huge test for Clarke. Playing on his off side seemed like it worked fine vs Anaheim (I wasn't able to watch the game so I'm going off stats, game highlights, analytics, etc) but it'll be interesting to see how it works against a team like EDM with more firepower/game breakers.
I thought Clarke was a bit of a liability in LA's zone. No more than when he is on his right side though. Hopefully will come with more time.

With “dirty bag guy” Mikey out, who would the oilers deem scumbag next? Danault?
Who should it be? Fiala (every team should hate that guy). Who will it be? QB

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That's the only comparison I can make. The difference is that most of their fans can actually acknowledge it. Well, except when it comes to Draisaitl. That seems to be a huge blind spot for them. And that they make Mikey Anderson sound like Chris Pronger.

they really have aquired a bunch of twats. I don't find McDavid to be a baby, he gets penalized for shit. His teammates, rightfully, stick up for him if he is breathed on.

Leon, Kane, Nurse and Perry all can choke on a dick.

Yeah I actually usually appreciate McDavid. Even his shots on our guys are him playing on the edge, he's not a diving babyass like Stutzle. He'll embellish a little but he earns his calls. The rest of them? Christ almighty its' like having McDavid and 11 love children of Kesler and Burrows.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I thought Clarke was a bit of a liability in LA's zone. No more than when he is on his right side though. Hopefully will come with more time.

Who should it be? Fiala (every team should hate that guy). Who will it be? QB
how could I forget Kevin?! Yeah, he can be pretty dumb. I’m think Kempe. Crysaitl always becomes a hacking and whacking little B against Kempe.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That's the only comparison I can make. The difference is that most of their fans can actually acknowledge it. Well, except when it comes to Draisaitl. That seems to be a huge blind spot for them. And that they make Mikey Anderson sound like Chris Pronger.

Yeah I actually usually appreciate McDavid. Even his shots on our guys are him playing on the edge, he's not a diving babyass like Stutzle. He'll embellish a little but he earns his calls. The rest of them? Christ almighty its' like having McDavid and 11 love children of Kesler and Burrows.
I really like watching McDavid play. Sometime I thin he gets going so fast that it looks like he dives when really it's more of an inertia thing. Same with some of his hits from behind, they are worse because of his speed. I find he at least gets called on those.

Reactions: lumbergh

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
We all hate how much they whine about Mikey, but McDavid went out and actually did something about it last year. The Kings response was f-all aside from Doughty talking tough in the media how they were gonna “smack” McDavid then proceeding to get punked by him for 6 games. Kings need to take a page out of the Vegas playbook and focus on the “message sending” every time the big 2 are on the ice, especially since it looks likely that this is yet again going to be the 1st round matchup.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
We all hate how much they whine about Mikey, but McDavid went out and actually did something about it last year. The Kings response was f-all aside from Doughty talking tough in the media how they were gonna “smack” McDavid then proceeding to get punked by him for 6 games. Kings need to take a page out of the Vegas playbook and focus on the “message sending” every time the big 2 are on the ice, especially since it looks likely that this is yet again going to be the 1st round matchup.
Problem is that this team does not have a roster that:

a) Thinks like that.
b) Can do anything about it even if they thought like that.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That’s the thing with McDavid. He plays like such a bitch for being undoubtedly the best player in the NHL. It’s unbelievable someone hasn’t decided about tuning his face up after a whistle even with a gloved punch or a stick.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
corey perry curse is real

i actually feel pretty good about this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad