GDT: 2023-24 season game 52 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @9:30am 2/17/24

LilBallofHate

Apr 19, 2023
Except for that 3rd Bruins goal lol, I hope he learns from it. I don’t know if he was anticipating the play there and waiting for the puck to get to him instead of supporting. Bad decision. And he got rightfully blasted on national TV :laugh:

But i’ll tip my hat to him, he’s played a lot better. Just clean up the defensive lapses.
Except for that 3rd Bruins goal lol, I hope he learns from it. I don’t know if he was anticipating the play there and waiting for the puck to get to him instead of supporting. Bad decision. And he got rightfully blasted on national TV :laugh:

But i’ll tip my hat to him, he’s played a lot better. Just clean up the defensive lapses.
For someone that knows defensive coverage more than me, it looked like he was trying to take the right D, is it because he's a C, needs to be covering the slot/front of the net. Seemed to me too much behind the net hunting on that one.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Messier ripping PL on ESPN.

PK tried to pile on. I don't know how anyone takes that guy seriously.
Calling it out, Messier should know better. That play had Gavrikov tying up a Boston player that at the same time had Clarke in a headlock. BYFIELD was the 3rd King to go after two Bruins below the goal line. BYFIELD left his guy open in front of the net. BYFIELD allowed the pass clean to the front of the net. PL was covering the point & realized too late that Byfield made a mistake PL needed to cover for.

PL does lots to be criticized for, but anyone calling out that play isn't watching the game. Bad take from Messier & blind King's fans looking to pile on.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Just watched the standings since ages.

Surprised we are still close to .600 p/per game.

Calling it out, Messier should know better. That play had Gavrikov tying up a Boston player that at the same time had Clarke in a headlock. BYFIELD was the 3rd King to go after two Bruins below the goal line. BYFIELD left his guy open in front of the net. BYFIELD allowed the pass clean to the front of the net. PL was covering the point & realized too late that Byfield made a mistake PL needed to cover for.

PL does lots to be criticized for, but anyone calling out that play isn't watching the game. Bad take from Messier & blind King's fans looking to pile on.
When people say to buy him out, even when he scores a PPG from now on, than that’s all you need to know.

The PLD hate is out of reach and I am certainly not a fan of him either.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
People (fans, management and coaches) will have to accept him for what he is and not try and change him. For years I argued that Karlsson was the best defenseman of the 2010’s, did he have warts to his game? Sure, and it was constantly pointed out here.

“Just a 4th forward”
“I want my defenseman to be defense first”

While ignoring the massive contributions he made in generating offense. Nobody maybe since Orr carried the puck from the D to o-zone more effortlessly.

The object of the game is to both score goals and keep them out. But people will be accepting of a guy like Slavin who does an exceptional job keeping them out but won’t be accepting of the opposite.

Clarke has a chance to be a poor-man’s Karlsson, and if he gets to that level he is going to be an all-star caliber player, you just have to take the good with the bad and find a solid partner who compliments his stye (probably already in-house with Mikey Anderson)

He needs to play everyday and any thought of sending him back down has hopefully been shelved for good. The only way he is going to get better (especially defensively) is with NHL reps. Follow the same model Vancouver did with Hughes, enhance the strengths and try and cover the weaknesses and hope the players game sense and smarts will make his defense at least adequate.

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings will either re-sign Roy and trade Spence, or let Roy walk and let Clarke slide in alongside Gavirkov.

My only fear is the D core of Anderson, Doughty, Gavrikov, Clarke, Spence and Englund doesn't exactly scare opponents.

All the pundits agreed as did even the Oilers, that Vegas' D was big, physical and mobile and the Oil and other teams had a hard time with them.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

Mess would have never let that play happen.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
1000003834.jpg

What a selfie

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Keep playing the kids! Good game.
I have to say it was a great fake by Clarke that had Ullmark sucking wind and gathering his Jock

I keep seeing some say Clarke can’t skate, no he’s not pretty but that was some great skating. He shifts his body and changes edges with a lot of deception.
It was a great goal and superb deke if they call it that anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad