GDT: 2023-24 season game 49 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 2/10/24

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
PLD gets no praise for his play tonight from me.

You don't get a cookie for putting in actual effort in 1 out of 49 games.

Overall it was a nice team win. Maybe they'll get hot after making the coaching change. It happens sometimes.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Lots of good things tonight. They cant expect Rittich to play like that every game though so still need to clean up some. Oilers were on a back to back also so they cant get too cocky. They played on a shift to shift basis and never let up. I enjoyed that. The score never mattered they just played their game.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
IMG_5790.jpeg

LET’S GOOOO!!!!!!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It was a good game but I stand by my feeling that Todd wasn’t the whole problem. Why did it take a respected coach getting fired to get our players to remove their heads from their asses? Will they quit on Hiller over the last quarter of the season? Why did Turcotte play 3:32 tonight and why are our other two top prospects in the press box? Hoping for positive change but… I’m not sold quite yet.

Reactions: ru4reals

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Some of us didn’t put it away….we don’t give up on our team during a bit of adversity.
Now that you’re done with the self congratulatory masturbation, the rest of us are looking forward to your inevitable disappearing act when the team starts losing again. That’s the secret to why so many of us cheer for them to lose.

Last edited:

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Tough to complain about anything tonight but like what is he talking about lol
Right. What the f*** What penalties did he take? I'm already annoyed and it took all of one period. Lol.

Edit: I read it wrong. I thought he said penalties he took. But still...

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I cant figure out what he is saying.. even reading between the lines... thats some good newspeak he has going there
without context or additional information I have no idea BUT...

There were three penalties at the end of the second period.

Turcotte doesn't kill penalties and special teams frequently disrupts the flow of normal line changes.

SO... I think what he's trying to say is Turcotte wound up not playing (through no fault of his own) for the second half of the second period.

the first penalty was taken at 12:26 of the 2nd period.

Turcotte's last shift ended at.... 12:26

At the end of that kill the Kings got two line changes out before the next penalty

55-11-9
12-24-22

Then Moore takes a tripping penalty at 16:38

After the Kings killed THAT penalty they got one shift in

55-80-12

and then the OTHER too many men penatly which bled into the third period

So through no fault of his own (other than his part of the 1st penalty).... Turcotte is out of the lineup for 8 minutes of game clock... probably around 16-20 minutes of actual time and then an additional 18 minutes of intermission then the penalty kill at the start of the third....

The kid hasn't had a shift in like 40 minutes maybe?

He's on the fourth line and doesn't play the penalty kill.

Grundstrom and Lewis do.

I don't know if that's the actual explanation... I have no idea if they were punishing Turcotte for his involvement in the too many men penalty.

Hiller did say that he'll use ice time as a carrot as it's one of the few big incentives a coach has to use with his team but even if that IS why he didn't play in the second half of a 4-0 win I wouldn't expect a "players coach" in his first post game press conference that ended in a triumphant shutout victory to toss one of his younger players under the bus when there's a perfectly reasonable explanation available to him.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
without context or additional information I have no idea BUT...

There were three penalties at the end of the second period.

Turcotte doesn't kill penalties and special teams frequently disrupts the flow of normal line changes.

SO... I think what he's trying to say is Turcotte wound up not playing (through no fault of his own) for the second half of the second period.

the first penalty was taken at 12:26 of the 2nd period.

Turcotte's last shift ended at.... 12:26

At the end of that kill the Kings got two line changes out before the next penalty

55-11-9
12-24-22

Then Moore takes a tripping penalty at 16:38

After the Kings killed THAT penalty they got one shift in

55-80-12

and then the OTHER too many men penatly which bled into the third period

So through no fault of his own (other than his part of the 1st penalty).... Turcotte is out of the lineup for 8 minutes of game clock... probably around 16-20 minutes of actual time and then an additional 18 minutes of intermission then the penalty kill at the start of the third....

The kid hasn't had a shift in like 40 minutes maybe?

He's on the fourth line and doesn't play the penalty kill.

Grundstrom and Lewis do.

I don't know if that's the actual explanation... I have no idea if they were punishing Turcotte for his involvement in the too many men penalty.

Hiller did say that he'll use ice time as a carrot as it's one of the few big incentives a coach has to use with his team but even if that IS why he didn't play in the second half of a 4-0 win I wouldn't expect a "players coach" in his first post game press conference that ended in a triumphant shutout victory to toss one of his younger players under the bus when there's a perfectly reasonable explanation available to him.

Your interpretation makes sense to me, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad