GDT: 2023-24 season Game 48 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @4:30pm 1/31/24

If the Kings lose tonight, will Rob Blake fire Todd McLellan over the All-Star Break?

• yes

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • no

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I don't think anyone misses AI and his 4 mil cap hit. 18 points in 47 games, and its looking like another 30 point year for him.
I may be the only one that's happy IaFAILlo is gone. Turcs will never get a chance if he was still here. Vilardi on the other hand..been said enough.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lets not go over board here. One was the 1st overall pick, the other was the 4th overall pick who would've gone #1 if they redrafted today. Both were stars the day they stepped on the ice. Ours was the 11th and often injured with cronic back issues, and the other was drafted 45th.

So it would be like trading Rantanen

Not far off!

Didn’t watch the game; did the Kings get as thoroughly outplayed as the underlying numbers suggest?

Yes, it was definitely a top-3 bad game of this last stretch, they were bailed out by goaltending and FIVE posts

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
So it would be like trading Rantanen

Not far off!

Yes, it was definitely a top-3 bad game of this last stretch, they were bailed out by goaltending and FIVE posts
Posts are not bailing anyone out. It’s an off target shot… it may as well go 6 feet wide. Just being my usual pedantic self and don’t dispute the performance gap… :naughty:

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

postgame fistbumps from todd normal? i don't wanna read too much into that since it's probably just a "enjoy your break" thing but that seems strange

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

postgame fistbumps from todd normal? i don't wanna read too much into that since it's probably just a "enjoy your break" thing but that seems strange

Well.....I mean besides the flight home, and practices, sure enjoy your break...

That seemed entirely normal, you can even tell the Kings that "danced" weren't into it because even with the win, they know they are still playing in the deep....

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

They are normal, he goes around and gives each player a fistbump after a win in the locker room. At least, he has in most of the dance and postgame videos I've seen. They, both coaches and players, all sort of have their postgame habits and routines for a win and loss. Kopi always hugs the staff.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Not all drafted centers end up there. They tried Kempe at center where he was drafted and it turned out he was better on the wing. Same with Valardi. Once he went to the wing, he became a really good player, when he was at center he struggled.
Well sure, but it's another thing to draft a bunch of centers and then give them limited time playing the position and not allow them to learn and make mistakes within that position because you ended the rebuild early and need them to contribute now. Byfield had a game at center this season and looked better than PLD has all year, and now the same thing happened with Turcotte.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Well sure, but it's another thing to draft a bunch of centers and then give them limited time playing the position and not allow them to learn and make mistakes within that position because you ended the rebuild early and need them to contribute now. Byfield had a game at center this season and looked better than PLD has all year, and now the same thing happened with Turcotte.
i hate the hindsight required for this but by this point of the season, kopitar-danault-byfield-turcotte down the middle would probably have become pretty cohesive

especially with $8.5M to spend on a goalie and complementary parts but that's another conversation

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
They dance after one win after their getting their backs blown out for over a couple months. Amazing. Lol.

I thought the same thing, but at the same time - what else are they supposed to do? They need to get back in it, be a team, and keep it going. Also, I would find it hard to convince Gavrikov not to get the dance going again which I can respect, I share the same personality.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
They dance after one win after their getting their backs blown out for over a couple months. Amazing. Lol.
At least Byfield is backing it up with his play now, but wearing a "Q" chain when he was doing nothing was pretty lame. Like Major League II when Omar Epps comes to spring training with all the bling trying to be a power hitter.

He can add a "B" to it now though, if he likes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
i hate the hindsight required for this but by this point of the season, kopitar-danault-byfield-turcotte down the middle would probably have become pretty cohesive

especially with $8.5M to spend on a goalie and complementary parts but that's another conversation
We have who we have and if we get into the play-offs its Dubois job to shut down the other teams top player with Physicality and help the Kings into the subsequent rounds otherwise it was for not

Reactions: tny760

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
At least Byfield is backing it up with his play now, but wearing a "Q" chain when he was doing nothing was pretty lame. Like Major League II when Omar Epps comes to spring training with all the bling trying to be a power hitter.

He can add a "B" to it now though, if he likes.
I think any person getting a chain with their letter or initial on it is corny regardless. Its like having a tattoo of yourself on your body lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BigKing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad