GDT: 2023-24 season Game 48 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @4:30pm 1/31/24

If the Kings lose tonight, will Rob Blake fire Todd McLellan over the All-Star Break?

• yes

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • no

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Sure as hell wasn't pretty, but they got the job done, albeit 5 posts and a disallowed goal certainly does help. Tmac lives to see another day

Reactions: kingsfan28

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
That was a much needed win in many ways. Todd probably stays through the break now, but his leash is oh so short I’d have to think.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Main takeaway from the game is man, imagine what this team would’ve looked like if they had just let Byfield, Turcotte, Spence, Clarke, Vilardi, and Faber actually play instead of clinging to a bunch of placeholders and acquiring overpriced big names. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say they’d be no worse than they are currently with a hell of a lot brighter future.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Turcotte--the above, and 1-1-2 and +3

Also how good is Byfield that despite his linemates being Koiptar and Kempe he was on the polar opposite side

Just emphasizes how f***ing stupid the usage has been, ugh.

Whats good is it was a national broadcast and Olczyk being from Chicago knows all about Turcotte and was pumping his tires all game.. then they interviewed him after the game... good for the kid, happy for his family.. and hopefully Waste management paid attention. It helps that his analytics were so strong.. im sure thats what they look since they have no eye for talent or development.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Main takeaway from the game is man, imagine what this team would’ve looked like if they had just let Byfield, Turcotte, Spence, Clarke, Vilardi, and Faber actually play instead of clinging to a bunch of placeholders and acquiring overpriced big names. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say they’d be no worse than they are currently with a hell of a lot brighter future.
You’d have one of the youngest and best up and coming teams in the NHL

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Its really a shame. Those guys plus a couple more high first rounders, guys already NHL ready at the time like Anderson Kempe and Moore, and better NHL ice time over the years to see what they had in JAD Thomas Fagemo Helenius…
Not good enough to win and contend until Mackinnon and McDavid get a bit older but it would have been a fun roster to watch in the meantime and we could have watched them grow.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Well, we have PLD for the next 8 f**kin years. Cannot wait for how this will end. Hopefully BLUC gets blasted to the sun before more prospects and high draft picks are sent away.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Love seeing Turcotte do well, congrats are in order for such a nice 1st goal. Its a shame he had so many injuries in the A, or I'm sure he would've been with the big club sooner. Really rooting for him to have a thriving career, doesn't look out of place at all and might actually be an upgrade on bottom C (no shade thrown @ Lizotte who has been stellar as a 4th line C).

I'm sure if they lost Todd still wouldn't have gotten fired, so I'm not upset over it.

Reactions: David Lunch

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Well, we have PLD for the next 8 f**kin years. Cannot wait for how this will end. Hopefully BLUC gets blasted to the sun before more prospects and high draft picks are sent away.
The national media is all over this debacle too. This will probably go down similar to the Ritchie contract where they will miss their window to buy him out then live with eternal regret which will sting the org for many years to come and cement Blake as the biggest bozo in LAK GM history.

Reactions: ru4reals

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
All this shows is that hey maybe if they tried playing the centers they drafted on the team and position they drafted them for then maybe they wouldn't have felt the need to get PLD

Not all drafted centers end up there. They tried Kempe at center where he was drafted and it turned out he was better on the wing. Same with Valardi. Once he went to the wing, he became a really good player, when he was at center he struggled.

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
Our (and Blake's) impatience has been the death of us. Imagine if Colorado traded MacKinnon, Makar, etc. before they fully blossomed?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Our (and Blake's) impatience has been the death of us. Imagine if Colorado traded MacKinnon, Makar, etc. before they fully blossomed?

Lets not go over board here. One was the 1st overall pick, the other was the 4th overall pick who would've gone #1 if they redrafted today. Both were stars the day they stepped on the ice. Ours was the 11th and often injured with cronic back issues, and the other was drafted 45th.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00